Let's Give SWGOH Some Love

Prev13
No negativity posted please. I just want to give a shout out to all the people working on this game and helping others. I have personally been playing for years and in those years we have had all sorts of content released/upgraded. We all have our personal opinions on how the game should be played but you guys make it happen!!! I just wanted to make this post bc I see a lot of threads out there being negative and I feel you guys deserve some well earned credit.

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    No negativity posted please. I just want to give a shout out to all the people working on this game and helping others. I have personally been playing for years and in those years we have had all sorts of content released/upgraded. We all have our personal opinions on how the game should be played but you guys make it happen!!! I just wanted to make this post bc I see a lot of threads out there being negative and I feel you guys deserve some well earned credit.

I wish I could respect your desire for no negativity, but the negativity on these forums is directly caused by CG themselves and their refusal to follow through on promises and a complete lack of communication and interaction with their player base. I won’t be too negative but the negativity they are receiving right now is well earned and then some.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I wish I could respect your desire for no negativity

You could have, actually.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    ujlei0354tum.jpeg
  • Options
    Lol is this secretly a CG dev who made a fake account? This game will go down as one of the most hated games in mobile history. No one has a more bad rep than CG.
  • Options
    There are plenty of people working hard trying to make this the best game possible within CG. I'm sure many of us appreciate them and their hard work. But they aren't the only ones at CG. lol
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    Options
    12thParsec wrote: »
    This game will go down as one of the most hated games in mobile history.

I've played MSF and DSA, and seen these exact same comments from players about those devs. The fact is freemium mobile games are designed to frustrate you into spending, which inevitably creates angry players. Speaking of spending, have you bought any good accounts recently, JKelly13/Whaleathon/12thParsec? Managed to beat a Maul yet?
  • Options

I would agree with you but after the SEE debacle, I’m all out of good will for CG. They are by far the worst devs for a big license in the history of gaming. Complete embarrassment.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    DMG_SW wrote: »

I've played MSF and DSA, and seen these exact same comments from players about those devs. The fact is freemium mobile games are designed to frustrate you into spending, which inevitably creates angry players. Speaking of spending, have you bought any good accounts recently, JKelly13/Whaleathon/12thParsec? Managed to beat a Maul yet?

I also played both of those, although I bailed early on DSA. I still play MSF and while that game has problems as all mobile games do, the devs over there at least somewhat listen to the players with regular communication and regular compensation...they just gave away a brand new character to everyone because of a bug.

Would CG ever do anything like that? No. They rarely listen to the players as it is, bug or no bug, never mind any worthwhile compensation. Hell, there are people that do not check the forums or Reddit that are losing tickets in the SEE event because they don't know its bugged....does CG care to suspend the event or notify players not to spend 70 tickets? Nope. There is nothing that CG has done recently that deserves any positive feedback. It just seems like the game is on auto pilot with no one at the helm.

This.

For a bit I championed MSF doing right by their players then you had issues with the dazzler and Summer of Blunder events. Days went by and seemingly no hope for a fix. But after tons of community feedback, they did the right thing, even if only halfway. They listened, gave the players the milestones and then continued on and fixed things to where the bug almost never happened.

CG? Oh our update broke the SEE event? You lost days of progress and 210 GL tickets? LOL git gud and maybe EA “Help” will give you something back. Otherwise buy our DataCons. LOL

Ever since Carrie left CG has basically said too bad so sad when they mess up. TopCash is a horrible lead for this game. If he quit or moved on since he last posted years ago, then whoever is in charge gets the same mantle as horrible lead. Idc who is calling the shots right now; they’re horrible at their job if Puzzles and Survival is doing better than SWGOH. That’s pathetic
  • Options

Good luck with that on here
    This is the Way
  • Options
    Started this game when Covid came, had a lot of fun and a lot of frustration ofc. Always found the forum to be the worst place of negativity. Sorry to say i have become one among them aswell... the datacrons pretty much was the thing that brought me to the negativity herd. Inquisitores, bad batch, pretty much all new characters last year has been boring as hell. Matchmaking in GA is also terrible. Conquest is only a evil farm for mats, no fun. I love TW when i can use my different teams agains other players, GA was fun before terrible matchmaking and datacrons. Only thing i can do is to stop spending money on this game and slowly realise this game is done (spent to much time and money to just stop right ahead)
  • Options
    Ok so here goes a post with no negativity … Swgoh is a game that exists.
  • Options
    This is the most positive things I can say about swgoh: I still haven't found a good replacement. I've tried msf and it's good but not better. ltwom is quite bad. I guess I'll try lotr when it comes out.
  • Options
    This is the most positive things I can say about swgoh: I still haven't found a good replacement. I've tried msf and it's good but not better. ltwom is quite bad. I guess I'll try lotr when it comes out.

Candycrush?
    This is the Way
  • Options
    Ok so here goes a post with no negativity … Swgoh is a game that exists.

SWGOH is definitely one of the games of all time.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    The StarKiller requirements are good and event was really fun. It's my favorite since the JKL event. Some of the omicrons are pretty nice too.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    Options
    As bad as the monetization has been lately, its no Diablo Immortal. Sorry best I can do in the positivity.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    No one has a more bad rep than CG.

You should google ‘activision+scandal’

• Shawkat
    22 posts Member
    Options
    What the hell is this post about? The game is at it's worst state and we should be positive about it. NO. Nothing really positive has happened in this game in a year.
  • Options

I also played both of those, although I bailed early on DSA. I still play MSF and while that game has problems as all mobile games do, the devs over there at least somewhat listen to the players with regular communication and regular compensation...they just gave away a brand new character to everyone because of a bug.

Would CG ever do anything like that? No. They rarely listen to the players as it is, bug or no bug, never mind any worthwhile compensation. Hell, there are people that do not check the forums or Reddit that are losing tickets in the SEE event because they don't know its bugged....does CG care to suspend the event or notify players not to spend 70 tickets? Nope. There is nothing that CG has done recently that deserves any positive feedback. It just seems like the game is on auto pilot with no one at the helm.

You left out the part where they were not going to give good compensation for the bug that led too that "free character", and had already give their compensation for it that was hated by the most vocal parts of the community. Not to mention on of their CMs, whether intentionally or not, insulting the majority of the players of the game through careless comments on all platforms. The bugs and major issues in MSF make SWGOH look like a well oiled machine, and are a daily occurance for years now.

As for the purpose fo this thread, my positive comments for SWGOH is that they have made a fun game to pass the time with that has survived quite long, and has kept me at least somewhat engaged for like 5 years, which is no small feat. Of all the hero collecting mobile games of this combat style it has been the most consistently solid game imo
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    they’re horrible at their job if Puzzles and Survival is doing better than SWGOH. That’s pathetic

Are we really judging games quality on the success of their predatory monetization schemes now? Because if you actually think Puzzles and Survival is a better game because it has swindled more money out of players, i am scared to see what SWGOH would look like under your control
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

You left out the part where they were not going to give good compensation for the bug that led too that "free character", and had already give their compensation for it that was hated by the most vocal parts of the community. Not to mention on of their CMs, whether intentionally or not, insulting the majority of the players of the game through careless comments on all platforms. The bugs and major issues in MSF make SWGOH look like a well oiled machine, and are a daily occurance for years now.

As for the purpose fo this thread, my positive comments for SWGOH is that they have made a fun game to pass the time with that has survived quite long, and has kept me at least somewhat engaged for like 5 years, which is no small feat. Of all the hero collecting mobile games of this combat style it has been the most consistently solid game imo

But you’re ignoring the most important thing that after the vocal parts of the SWGOH community have spoken out, nothing is being done. MSF is messing up with bugs and issues, yes but, there’s regular compensation being handed out. After the CC’s and community spoke out in uproar, there was something done.

How about here? SEE event was broken for 4 days and people lost tickets. Where the compensation? It’s a roll of the dice if your EA support person will compensate for the bug. How about broken events affecting everyone. Anything for the issues? Nope. Just a drawn out wait. I’ll tell you what though, any bugs helping the players are fixed almost immediately.
    they’re horrible at their job if Puzzles and Survival is doing better than SWGOH. That’s pathetic

Are we really judging games quality on the success of their predatory monetization schemes now? Because if you actually think Puzzles and Survival is a better game because it has swindled more money out of players, i am scared to see what SWGOH would look like under your control

Or you’re just cherry picking. DataCons are beyond predatory because it’s a temp boost in power with GOTCHA RNG mechanics to boot. A game’s success, internally at least, is measured by its revenue. No I’m not saying that Puzzles and Survival is a better game. What I’m saying is if a game like that is out earning SWGOH, maybe they need to wake up and take a different tactic than forcing DataCons and broken content thinking we will just put up with it because it’s Star Wars.

Or you could just continue to be obtuse in your quest to defend CG 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    I still find enjoyment in this free mobile game.
  • Options
    The KAM mission is still great.

Even with all r8 toons, you can never guarantee you'll win, so there's always excitement, but even at all r3 toons your skill will give you a good chance.

It's an interesting battle with staying power, the inevitable risk makes sure it's never dull, but there are ways to plan ahead for most bad RNG, so when you're winning a lot you can take satisfaction in something you accomplished, rather than feel happy that you got one good RNG roll on your SuperPowerEnergizer gizmo that instant-wins something for you without you have to know anything about the game at all.

Three thumbs up for the KAM mission. It's literally 50% of the reason I still play.
  • Options
    Sorry, they created a dumpster 🔥 they launched content they knew would make the community unhappy on numerous occasions. Can’t give positive feedback on creators that ignore their player base.
  • Options

You do know LOTR is being developed by CG, right? You'll probably have to farm half the shire just to get Fellowship Frodo.
  • Options

You do know LOTR is being developed by CG, right? You'll probably have to farm half the shire just to get Fellowship Frodo.

That's the good thing about being f2p. If it's bad or if they break it like they've done with swgoh, you can just move on to the next game.
  • Rius
    364 posts Member
    Options

I like datacrons and do not understand the majority of the criticism. Perhaps the GL boosts are too powerful but I think they do push ‘existing’ content to be more challenging in an absence of ‘new’ content. We have already seen an economy change which make levelling up much easier for F2P and I have a good range F2P. I think some are obsessed with the notion of having the most powerful level 9 rolls but I think the strategy should be to pick what suits your roster and resource investment more. If players engage they could see some interesting aspects. They do not replace or negate previous investment but elevate them further. They provide opportunity for more flexible builds. Their temporary nature means I can expect the game to evolve without waiting for more powerful units to be released, this prevents power creep eliminating your previous efforts. The reason many do not like the latest character releases is because they do not have a power creep. With datacrons the meta will shift persistently, and perhaps boost some underused characters but I believe most powerful units such as GL’s, GAS, JKL, DR/Mal will still be useful throughout.

I understand not everyone wants the meta shifting but please do not assume all players hate datacrons. Maybe I am in a minority but the only way to be sure is let players interact during this exhibition followed by a neutral poll.