Let's Give SWGOH Some Love

Replies

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    No negativity posted please. I just want to give a shout out to all the people working on this game and helping others. I have personally been playing for years and in those years we have had all sorts of content released/upgraded. We all have our personal opinions on how the game should be played but you guys make it happen!!! I just wanted to make this post bc I see a lot of threads out there being negative and I feel you guys deserve some well earned credit.

I like datacrons and do not understand the majority of the criticism. Perhaps the GL boosts are too powerful but I think they do push ‘existing’ content to be more challenging in an absence of ‘new’ content. We have already seen an economy change which make levelling up much easier for F2P and I have a good range F2P. I think some are obsessed with the notion of having the most powerful level 9 rolls but I think the strategy should be to pick what suits your roster and resource investment more. If players engage they could see some interesting aspects. They do not replace or negate previous investment but elevate them further. They provide opportunity for more flexible builds. Their temporary nature means I can expect the game to evolve without waiting for more powerful units to be released, this prevents power creep eliminating your previous efforts. The reason many do not like the latest character releases is because they do not have a power creep. With datacrons the meta will shift persistently, and perhaps boost some underused characters but I believe most powerful units such as GL’s, GAS, JKL, DR/Mal will still be useful throughout.

I understand not everyone wants the meta shifting but please do not assume all players hate datacrons. Maybe I am in a minority but the only way to be sure is let players interact during this exhibition followed by a neutral poll.

Datacons are terrible. As you stated ‘an absence of content’. Maybe they should try giving us new content instead of this trash 90+% of dislike and didn’t want in the game.
  • Options
    I dunno why we should show love when it’s clear the devs don’t. I love Star Wars. I like my guild. These are why I still play.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    No negativity posted please. I just want to give a shout out to all the people working on this game and helping others. I have personally been playing for years and in those years we have had all sorts of content released/upgraded. We all have our personal opinions on how the game should be played but you guys make it happen!!! I just wanted to make this post bc I see a lot of threads out there being negative and I feel you guys deserve some well earned credit.

I like datacrons and do not understand the majority of the criticism. Perhaps the GL boosts are too powerful but I think they do push ‘existing’ content to be more challenging in an absence of ‘new’ content. We have already seen an economy change which make levelling up much easier for F2P and I have a good range F2P. I think some are obsessed with the notion of having the most powerful level 9 rolls but I think the strategy should be to pick what suits your roster and resource investment more. If players engage they could see some interesting aspects. They do not replace or negate previous investment but elevate them further. They provide opportunity for more flexible builds. Their temporary nature means I can expect the game to evolve without waiting for more powerful units to be released, this prevents power creep eliminating your previous efforts. The reason many do not like the latest character releases is because they do not have a power creep. With datacrons the meta will shift persistently, and perhaps boost some underused characters but I believe most powerful units such as GL’s, GAS, JKL, DR/Mal will still be useful throughout.

I understand not everyone wants the meta shifting but please do not assume all players hate datacrons. Maybe I am in a minority but the only way to be sure is let players interact during this exhibition followed by a neutral poll.

You are in the minority. This doesn’t shift the meta when they just make a GL or two way too OP per set. Not to mention it’s RNG based on if you get the rolls you need and if you don’t then pony up the dough to keep trying or enjoy being uncompetitive for 3 months.

DataCons are trash. Their approach to this game lately is trash and the fact that @CG_Tusken_Meathead said this last update should make us happy, further shows they’re not listening. To be so tone deaf in the face of such mounting criticism is pathetic to say the least. They couldn’t even do good with the LOTR game so far. Even though it’s just beta it’s a cheap graphic game which is a clear knockoff of MSF. Embarrassing.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

You are in the minority. This doesn’t shift the meta when they just make a GL or two way too OP per set. Not to mention it’s RNG based on if you get the rolls you need and if you don’t then pony up the dough to keep trying or enjoy being uncompetitive for 3 months.

DataCons are trash. Their approach to this game lately is trash and the fact that @CG_Tusken_Meathead said this last update should make us happy, further shows they’re not listening. To be so tone deaf in the face of such mounting criticism is pathetic to say the least. They couldn’t even do good with the LOTR game so far. Even though it’s just beta it’s a cheap graphic game which is a clear knockoff of MSF. Embarrassing.

He is by far in a tiny minority. I would bet 90% dislike these things.
  • Options
    I like datacrons and do not understand the majority of the criticism.

Do you not understand it or not agree with it? For example, I understand why some people like 3v3 GAC. I just don't have the same opinion as them.

They do not replace or negate previous investment but elevate them further.

This is absurdly false... so I guess you do lack understanding of the criticism.

My Fennec-BH team was not elevated even remotely as much as the LV teams were. So that counter became sketchy at best. SK vs Rey? SEE vs JMK? By their very nature, DCs will benefit some teams more than others. So some counters will be less viable than they have been.
    slew of opinions

I won't object to your opinions and preferences. But hopefully I shed some light on at least one of the criticisms that you seem to have completely misunderstood.
  • Rius
    364 posts Member
    Options
    I respectfully stand by my opinion. But you are welcome to yours. I also think you will find more than 10% agree with me, I do not profess the wisdom to quote a percentage but I have a good feeling from the guilds I have in my discord that whilst opinions maybe divided there are plenty engaging positively with them.
  • Ragauk
    14 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Until this stuff stops happening, no. kr7h2uj79y5t.jpg
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    I respectfully stand by my opinion. But you are welcome to yours. I also think you will find more than 10% agree with me, I do not profess the wisdom to quote a percentage but I have a good feeling from the guilds I have in my discord that whilst opinions maybe divided there are plenty engaging positively with them.

It’s just that, an opinion. When you have the forums, Reddit, and content creators who are usually supportive no matter what, of CG’s moves, fairly certain it’s not being well received.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

100% agree

CG did a good job with datacrons shaking up the meta and keeping the pvp environment fresh and diverse. Can't wait to see how they will change things up in 3v3.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    After the SEE debacle, I’m not feeling any love for them at the moment.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    I love that they don’t care about our opinions.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

What do you love about that?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Makes me feel all warm and tingly inside like the Hulk about to burst out of Banner’s skin.

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Makes me feel all warm and tingly inside like the Hulk about to burst out of Banner’s skin.

Ok but why?
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options

Ok but why?

You know I was being facetious, right?
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Ok but why?

Of course.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options

Ok but why?

Of course.
    Good. Now quit trolling
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Ok but why?

Of course.
    Good. Now quit trolling

Not trolling at all. Pointing out that OP made a thread specifically asking for no negative posts and no one seems to be able to respect that. I'm sorry that you and others in this thread aren't able to enjoy a game you spend so much time playing, and I truly hope you find more enjoyment somehow. Best wishes.
  • Options
    There’s someone in this thread who regularly complains when others “derail” a thread, yet they immediately jumped into this thread to do exactly that.
  • Options
    Lol I see my previous post about CG being incapable of listening to their players and giving them the opposite of what they want has been deleted. Did I directly insult someone or do we just moderate the truth now @Ultra?

It sounds off topic
    And you're insulting CG,
    What did you expect?
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Didn’t derail it. Actually shed light to the OP how CG has made it virtually impossible to show them love regarding the game because of what they’ve chosen to do.

Thank you CG for the mini boss and boss battles in Conquest. I don’t like other stuff in Conquest but won’t discuss it here because it’s not the point of the thread and i wish to respect OP who specifically asked for no negativity.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    i *looked* at that post BobaFettish is crying about, and all he did was call CG incompetent

What is there for CG to listen? honestly, count your blessings that you weren’t punished for it

it was such a brain dead post that contributed nothing to the discussion other than being rude and insulting to a group of people

Since he wants to be very public about it, his post was removed because he's too incompetent to understand what the thread is about

His post was a waste of my time, and his derailment about his post getting removed ended up wasting everyone's time and it just proved he's incompetent at contributing to a thread
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    And with that, I will be removing any other posts that is off-topic
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Didn’t derail it. Actually shed light to the OP how CG has made it virtually impossible to show them love regarding the game because of what they’ve chosen to do.

Thank you CG for the mini boss and boss battles in Conquest. I don’t like other stuff in Conquest but won’t discuss it here because it’s not the point of the thread and i wish to respect OP who specifically asked for no negativity.

I do enjoy the unique modifiers for every boss battle in every set of conquest
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I really like they added easy mode too for players that didn't have filled out rosters. I also like the new characters they add in even if I cant use them right away it makes it challenging to unlock them almost like the old way of how we unlocked legendary characters but there is a ton more gear!!!!
  • Options
    Don't laugh, but I like that they added a new faction AND an Assault Battle for them. That's new content man.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

You mean, you did enjoy them....?
  • Options
    Don't laugh, but I like that they added a new faction AND an Assault Battle for them. That's new content man.

I agree but it would be nice if this was just a start to more coming. I don’t like the fact the last tier takes 4 hours to complete but a start is a start. I hope…
  • Deathbringer59
    580 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Alright ladies and gentlemen, lets's have a nice dirty fight here. CG Defense Force vs Tinfoiled Hats!! There will be facts, no facts and some nonsense coming from both sides. Take your bets now! Come on come on! Only one will win!!

About datacrons, I wish they were usable in PVE content. I see no point of them staying out of PVE other then I'm guessing CG is hoping people will panic/stress spend on it like LSTB so they can get better or completeling said content. Imagine going after KAM and being able to use a datacron in that fight. It will help out alot with the RNG factor but again that's why I'm thinking CG won't but they haven't responded to why they're not so it's a guessing game to me unless one of the moderators know

This is the internet and a forum site at that. There will be alot of talking both good and trash from both sides, I've seen both sides not respect each other and the threads being made. TVF and Ravens go at it quite a bit. This time is not an issue I care about. CG getting love? Who cares, not everyone and definitely on a forum. I think your asking to be trolled for making a thread like this, during these times.