Day 1 player, Datacrons seriously making me want to quit

Mordraneth
8 posts Member
edited July 2022
I very rarely post here, but i have to speak up. Datacrons are quite simply the worst thing to ever happen to the game. I've been playing ever since the game came out, spent a fair bit of cash and enjoyed learning the counters and strategies over the years. However pvp is just total **** now and many proven strategies are redundant. There is the clearest link ever now between spending and success in pvp.

I really hope they scrap datacrons otherwise for the first time in 6.5 years I'll be gone. At the very least they should not work on GLs, that could be a compromise I think some could live with.

Like many here I've invested probably 1000s of hours into this game and enjoyed it for the most part, but now I feel its coming to an end, which is quite sad.
Post edited by Mordraneth on

Replies

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    CG doesn't care, sorry.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Seems plan is old players quit and big guilds also die. Solid and well designed
  • I am also quitting over datacrons. they'll care if enough people quit
  • You mean you aren’t interested in renting materials that go away in a few months, despite this allegedly being a “collection” game?

You aren’t a fan of lucky opponents basically having an “I win” button through pure RNG?

Sadly, most of the community feels the same way.

I doubt CG will ever cancel Datacons, solely due to the work they put in and their apparent goal to create self-perpetuating revenue.

But maybe they’ll nerf the overpowered Datacons (that potentially negate all the time and resources we’ve poured into our rosters over the years).

CG - If you’re really listening to community feedback, please show it. Do the right thing.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    As much as users complain, datacron development probably already paid for itself by the initial payers buying into the system.

Most micro transaction companies don't mind slapping around their users as long as they keep coming back. Frankly they probably don't care if some quit as long as the new revenue source generates more income than what they lost from users exiting the game. This is particularly likely given an older game.
  • haloimplant2
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    I could get over it if the RNG wasn't such trash.
    There are standouts that are far better, for example 1 good LS mechanic far better than the rest in this set. So it's not some fun meta diversity, it's RNG deciding whether you win or lose.
    Then the reroll costs escalate globally so you do 1-2 rolls on that level 3 that bust and the whole datacron you've put those resources into is already pretty much trash.
    Designed to frustrate
  • +1
    Never even thought about quitting before. Now I don't even play in GAC.