Q: How long will take to CG ban hacker ?! A : inside.......

VangelovEvg
5 posts Member
edited July 2022
A : 3 full weeks and still counting

Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Options
    Time to ban cheaters... indefinite.

Time until this post is closed... pretty soon, I'd wager.

Priorities!
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    3 weeks? Some shards have been waiting 3 years

wolf-of-wall-street-rookie-numbers.gif

Also, it's been (edit, edit) 7 months since @CG_LucifersDaddy has even logged into his account.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

Also, it's been (edit) 7 months 19 months (!!!) since @CG_LucifersDaddy has even logged into his account.

where are you getting 19 from
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Also, it's been (edit) 7 months 19 months (!!!) since @CG_LucifersDaddy has even logged into his account.

where are you getting 19 from

It says Jan 19 but I think that is Jan 19th this year.
  • Options
    It says Jan 21, I don’t know where 19 is coming from…
  • Options
    When I click his profile, it says Jan 22.

Which is definitely January of this year. If it were January of another year it would say “January 2021”, for instance.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    When I click his profile, it says Jan 22.

Which is definitely January of this year. If it were January of another year it would say “January 2021”, for instance.

his original post was fine before the edit
  • Options
    Re-edited, not gaslighting, read that as Jan '21, instead of January twenty-first.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    I was promised an answer inside...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Soooo ? Why this hacker still playin ? Any reasonable answer ... Ultra .. hm ?
  • Options
    Ultra is a forum mod, and has nothing to do with banning cheaters. Hm?
  • Options
    The sad truth is that CG currently do not ban any cheaters.
    The list of 100% obvious cheaters is continually growing, the list of banned cheaters is not.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited July 2022
    Options

Even if had a reasonable answer, I wouldn't be able to say anything
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    @crzydroid just wondering why you keep referring people to DM Lucifersdaddy when he has not logged into the forums since Jan. How does this make sense? Serious question.

Whether the account has logged into the forums is irrelevant when the entirety of the message is contained in the e-mail notification. We've been assured that account is being checked.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    U mean Luciferdaddy is still working at CG or another administrator is looking after the account?
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    We've been assured that account is being checked.

We've been assured that the second half of the phase 1 gear changes are coming 'soon,' (TM) also 7 months ago. When someone ghosts you for 7 months, it raises the question of whether or not they're really 'working' on it. Probably would avoid complaints and a lot of threads if he just set a weekly alarm to check in on the forums, even if for just 5-10 minutes.
  • Options

We've been assured that the second half of the phase 1 gear changes are coming 'soon,' (TM) also 7 months ago. When someone ghosts you for 7 months, it raises the question of whether or not they're really 'working' on it. Probably would avoid complaints and a lot of threads if he just set a weekly alarm to check in on the forums, even if for just 5-10 minutes.
    I admire the optimism!

The devs could give away 50 omicron mats tomorrow and someone on here would complain that it wasn’t 60.

They should be doing better with cheaters though. I think there should be a weekly “the following players got banned” post.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    The sad truth is that CG currently do not ban any cheaters.
    Multiple people whined here about getting banned in the past few weeks, so this is demonstrably false.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

I admire the optimism!

The devs could give away 50 omicron mats tomorrow and someone on here would complain that it wasn’t 60.

They should be doing better with cheaters though. I think there should be a weekly “the following players got banned” post.

they said they wouldn't do that
  • Options
    Yeah, I think there should be acknowledgement when you report a cheater; so that you know you aren't shouting into an empty void.

However, it's bad form for a games company and not really the players' business to know the results..............as long as you trust the company in their endeavours. That appears to be our problem right now.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think there should be acknowledgement when you report a cheater; so that you know you aren't shouting into an empty void.

However, it's bad form for a games company and not really the players' business to know the results..............as long as you trust the company in their endeavours. That appears to be our problem right now.

The acknowledgement we should be getting is the lost rewards we didn't get from GAC, Arena, TW, etc., because of that cheater. If you lose a round in Kyber 1, you just lost 700 crystals. Cheaters are stealing from players. When they get caught and banned, every player in that GAC round should receive compensation for what they didn't get. The cheater's forfeit means everyone else moves up one spot in that round and if they faced the cheater and lost, they get the difference in crystals they didn't get.

They don't have to say, "this player cheated and this is how they did it." It could just be, "a player was caught cheating, here is compensation for what you should've gotten." (for the other SEVEN players in that group.)
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

They don't have to say, "this player cheated and this is how they did it." It could just be, "a player was caught cheating, here is compensation for what you should've gotten." (for the other SEVEN players in that group.)

with higher success you can shave an egg :wink:

• hunchew
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Why ban cheaters when they can release datacrons which allow anyone who maxed one to play like you had your own APK?
    All you have to is a bunch of resources and have a specific team. 😉
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options

The only reason, really, to not name those busted for cheating is the list is long and it would make them look bad to admit to so many cheaters.

License agreement would protect CG/EA/whoever from repercussions from naming the cheaters game names. If not, they have bad lawyers :)