Who to bring to R8?

I’m just wondering who is worth bringing to R8 and who isn’t.

https://swgoh.gg/p/758569858/characters/

I’m also on P4 of the GAS event and have started saving my GET to get him to 7*asap. Should I save the R8 for him, or use it on one of my current characters?

Replies

• R8 requires significant investment, save it for a GL requirement or you will wish you had.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Characters that you have, that are worth a r8 eventually:
    GK, CLS, GG, Fives, GAS (once you have him), DV, Bossk.

Out of thoose, only GAS and GK are GL requirements though and i partially agree with the previous poster, that you should prioritize r8s on GL reqs. Allthough if you are far away from a Gl that needs it, putting a r8 on a strategically good character, like the named ones, can be worth it.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1960 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    If your interest lies in fleet arena, Piett is another good one, I took him to R9 just to be sure of making #1 most days.
    ETA: You should definitely star him up. I looked after my post, sorry.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Not sure why I haven’t geared up my troopers, but they are my next squad to get up.
  • Sangle wrote: »
    Not sure why I haven’t geared up my troopers, but they are my next squad to get up.

The great thing about gearing up the imperial troopers is that a couple are requirements for SEE as well! Double dippin’
  • I’ve been working towards JML, so most of my attention has been for that, which is why my dark side is pretty weak. I was thinking of either SEE, SLKR, or Ray for my next GL grind as I’m light years away from WAT, so JMK is out of the question. What would you recommend?
  • JJ8
    21 posts Member
    JML is a very good GL - he doesn't require any r8s, but benefits himself from the highest relic level you can put on. He's one of the most valuable r9s in the game, tied perhaps with Piett. So, maybe just sit on r8 materials for now until you're sure you need them. After GAS, I'd focus completely on finishing up JML. Along the way you can figure out what you want to do next. Think about JMK, you've got some requirements already fairly close. You may need to switch guilds though if Wat is an issue.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    Save it for a GL or a GL requirement.