Is the Dev team serious?

Prev1
zatchy
124 posts Member
Todays update has some minor graphic changes and a fix of some minor broken stuff, but we expect the customer base we ignore to be happy?

You all can’t be real. You essentially ignore your players left and right. Offer trash update after trash update. Increase gear crunches. Force feed us boring teams (have you spent 3 hours playing t3 of fanatical devotion)? Add new whaling items that are temporary and the vast majority of players seem to dislike.

But you fixed a datacron and Raddus, so I don’t the players should be happy…Seriously this game has to be run by like 1 person who logs into 17 different accounts to make it seem legit, no way a full team is involved in how little this game has grown in 2+ years

Replies

• LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    bcqg1s2fwmzj.gif
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Dev team? Heck it looks like even their new game is produced by a single person, and in the LOTR game it appears to be some high-school kid with limited graphical art talent.
  • Mohrg
    199 posts Member
    It is extremely unlikely that the dev has any decision making privileges about what they get to work on.
    probably want to be aiming this at the board.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The game was turned into an automated whale milker. Unless something changes dramatically, it will just coast on inertia until the whales get bored, then shut down.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    zatchy wrote: »
    Todays update has some minor graphic changes and a fix of some minor broken stuff, but we expect the customer base we ignore to be happy?

You all can’t be real. You essentially ignore your players left and right. Offer trash update after trash update. Increase gear crunches. Force feed us boring teams (have you spent 3 hours playing t3 of fanatical devotion)? Add new whaling items that are temporary and the vast majority of players seem to dislike.

But you fixed a datacron and Raddus, so I don’t the players should be happy…Seriously this game has to be run by like 1 person who logs into 17 different accounts to make it seem legit, no way a full team is involved in how little this game has grown in 2+ years

Dont know what you expected in a minor update?
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »

People seem to forget that this game doesn't necessarily get updates every week.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase
    Guess CG is really interested in improving gear economy
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

If you ran a store and you made a sale, would you let one customer buy everything for half of the price? I wouldnt

Besides the fact that this gear already has been improved, so it wont be in the next gear economy changes

The rants are getting out of hand

People seem to forget that this game doesn't necessarily get updates every week.

You seem to be missing the point the OP is making.
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

If you ran a store and you made a sale, would you let one customer buy everything for half of the price? I wouldnt

Besides the fact that this gear already has been improved, so it wont be in the next gear economy changes

You’re missing the point. A brand new economy in datacrons that completely changes the game in PVP is unlimited for whales to get bigger advantage over F2P than ever before.

The core gear is limited to one purchase which…why? To prevent more G11 toons?
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

You’re missing the point. A brand new economy in datacrons that completely changes the game in PVP is unlimited for whales to get bigger advantage over F2P than ever before.

Why should they make you get to gear 11 from scratch?
    The game is still about spending your resources carefully OR pay.

Let them have their advantage, thats what they pay for and you dont, but will you even ever face them? I havent, because 99% of them are at the top of kyber
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

You seem to be missing the point the OP is making.
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

Let them have their advantage, thats what they pay for and you dont, but will you even ever face them? I havent, because 99% of them are at the top of kyber

The game is over 5 years old. G11 was the old gear crunch and was virtually untouched until promises were made almost a year ago to address things. Well, here we are with only one part of Phase1 done, and nothing else.

Also whales can have an advantage. That’s what they pay for, but there’s never been a pack for sale with unlimited rebuys, especially with something this game changing when it’s so new.
  • Lumiya
    1474 posts Member
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

Nice strawman. Who said that they should make you get to g11 from scratch in a blink?

There are enough posts and comments that describe why the gear economy needs to be adjusted especially now with Relics being made the minimum.

Your forum account is new but seems you are not new to the forums, so you know the answer if you read through those.

We are all made of star-stuff
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

Nice strawman. Who said that they should make you get to g11 from scratch in a blink?

There are enough posts and comments that describe why the gear economy needs to be adjusted especially now with Relics being made the minimum.

Your forum account is new but seems you are not new to the forums, so you know the answer if you read through those.

Oh i think it should be fixed or adjusted as fast as possible too, i just dont see the point in adjusting it with gempacks

• Lumiya
    1474 posts Member
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

Oh i think it should be fixed or adjusted as fast as possible too, i just dont see the point in adjusting it with gempacks

Better than nothing 😉
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

Better than nothing 😉

For who?
  • Lumiya
    1474 posts Member
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

Better than nothing 😉

For who?

The players who need gear?
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

Better than nothing 😉

For who?

To be fair those challenge gear packs for crystals don't seem to be a very good value. Coming from a player who needs gear, I'd rather they figure out a better solution.
  • I think I got a pop up for every single one of those!

• The Raddus infinite loading thing happened to me twice. It didn't affect the results, but it was rather gut wrenching while it was happening. So that was a pleasant surprise that it got fixed quickly.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

Better than nothing 😉

For who?

You get those fast enough imo. Cant imagine having 500 cuffs is cool while you farm the other pieces to combine them
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

If I run a store, I find out what my customer want and sell it. Not forcing my customer to buy what I want
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Would you want a customer that buys their groceries everyday or one that buys a pack of gum once every 6 months?

They dont force you to buy anything. And if you dont want anything, you know where the door is
    Would you want a customer that buys their groceries everyday or one that buys a pack of gum once every 6 months?

They dont force you to buy anything. And if you dont want anything, you know where the door is

You do both, especially when it’s polygons and virtual coding. It’s not hard to code in a weekly crystal deal for 500 crystals for $1.99
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

Better than nothing 😉

For who?

You get those fast enough imo. Cant imagine having 500 cuffs is cool while you farm the other pieces to combine them

No, YOU get those fast enough. Just because you do doesn't mean every player does. They also PROMISED us they were working on GEAR (state of the Gear-laxy) and there would be multiple phases of gear to improve the output of gear to players.

They did "part" of phase 1 and then beat us ragged with inquisitors and then datacrons. Datacrons aren't gear, they are OP garbage that make geared up characters useless if they don't have datacrons to make them better. The fact they picked Rey and JMK as the first GL's to get personalized datacrons that are out of control should make it clear the decision maker(s) at CG aren't concerned about following through with player concerns as much as they are bringing out extreme garbage.

I feel like you're trying to start up the CG Defense Force again.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member

You do both, especially when it’s polygons and virtual coding. It’s not hard to code in a weekly crystal deal for 500 crystals for $1.99

No, why would I? The amount of profit I would lose is way to high, because they dont buy the more expensive packs.
    The game is still made to make money. As every other game. If it didnt make any money, your fun in playing the game would even harder go down the drain.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

It’s much easier to come up with fantasy talk like 500 crystals per week for $2, I imagine.

Come on @Ravens1113 - you’re doing sterling work holding the devs to account on something they promised but didn’t deliver. No need to add fuel to that fire with disappointment that they don’t offer the moon on a stick as well.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

Better than nothing 😉

For who?

No, YOU get those fast enough. Just because you do doesn't mean every player does. They also PROMISED us they were working on GEAR (state of the Gear-laxy) and there would be multiple phases of gear to improve the output of gear to players.

They did "part" of phase 1 and then beat us ragged with inquisitors and then datacrons. Datacrons aren't gear, they are OP garbage that make geared up characters useless if they don't have datacrons to make them better. The fact they picked Rey and JMK as the first GL's to get personalized datacrons that are out of control should make it clear the decision maker(s) at CG aren't concerned about following through with player concerns as much as they are bringing out extreme garbage.

And I get them from weekly challenges only. I am busy with the rest of the gear enough.

Yes, they did phase 1, which upgraded all of those packs which were posted. So why not update other gear in gear changes 2? Its about those packs, not about anything else, do not forget.

Its like Apple would be putting the newest IPhone on sale for 9.99$. Why wouldnt that work? Because it only attracts those who leave 20 bucks at their store and never come back. There is no value in doing that.

Its not even defending cg, its just economic sense: If it doesnt make profit, why should I be doing it?

Whatelse73 wrote: »
    2jv6w5op4bi8.jpg

UNLIMITED PURCHASE!!!

m4by6kyt52zw.jpg

One time purchase

Better than nothing 😉

For who?

Its not even defending cg, its just economic sense: If it doesnt make profit, why should I be doing it?
    It’s a common misconception on these forums…

“If X pack costs $99.99, I will never buy X pack. But if they priced it at $9.99, I would buy X pack, so that’s $9.99 the devs are missing out on with their current pricing - don’t they want my money?”