What motivates you to keep playing?

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    The forums.

Now imagine how much better the game would be if it had discord.

Given how the [REDACTED] discord is a complete trash hole, no thanks.

Wonder what redacted is. You mean discord as a platform or some channel on it?
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    The forums.

Hint: Starts with “S” and ends with “H”, with a O, G and W mixed in there somewhere ;)
    EDIT: left out the “events” part
    Post edited by chpMINIsolo_77 on
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    The forums.

Hint: Starts with “S” and ends with “H”, with a O, G and W mixed in there somewhere ;)

There is no official discord though, no?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    No I meant one of the more popular servers, but not official because such a thing does not exist.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jbp1515
    157 posts Member
    My guild keeps me somewhat motivated as we've been together for a long time. Lately with the bug issues and datacrons my motivation is pretty much at 0 now
  • What motivate me to keep playing?
    "Not caring about it too much".

I just do daily and guild activities then not caring it for the rest of the day. ( I run this app once or twice a day, rarely over 3 times)

Otherwise its cost you crystals every moves and its getting bored quickly.
  • wait for the chance to increase my characters to 100
  • My motivation comes from playing with my guildmates. I don't really care for GAC, but I take it seriously for the crystal income. I feel the same way about the Conquest grind, although at least CG created some interesting boss mechanics this time. I come on here to vent my frustration because this game has the potential to be so much more than its current state. Honestly, I don't know how much longer I will continue playing, but I've had fun with an amazing group of people.
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member
    I don’t know anymore.
  • Nothing from CG. Regards, bye
  • I try and outlast my fleet arena hoping all the toxic people quit the game before me. Either that or I continue on the hope they get rid of fleet arena crystals so I can not bother climbing in either shard and having to deal with the toxic kids
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Unfortunately nothing is keeping me or half my guild around anymore. They have destroyed the very thing they created. I will be done with the game very very soon.
    Thanks for all the fish 🐠
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    Unfortunately nothing is keeping me or half my guild around anymore. They have destroyed the very thing they created. I will be done with the game very very soon.
    Short version WHY? I read at least 50 posts saying datacrons broke the game...but i dont see the reason.
    I also dont particularly like them...it is a gimmick to make top players spend resources for "nothing lasting"...but i dont see what breaks...the matches i played, datacrons provide a SMALL advantage...
    What am i missing...?
    BTW...nobody in my guild left or complained a lot...but we are still "just" 250M...

• Ghost666 wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Short version WHY? I read at least 50 posts saying datacrons broke the game...but i dont see the reason.
    I also dont particularly like them...it is a gimmick to make top players spend resources for "nothing lasting"...but i dont see what breaks...the matches i played, datacrons provide a SMALL advantage...
    What am i missing...?
    BTW...nobody in my guild left or complained a lot...but we are still "just" 250M...

Didn't you say elsewhere that you are a mid-game player? If so, I would wager you are far less impacted by them than end-game players.

Here's an example. I spent a lot of resources and mods on certain counters that now just don't work because of DCs. Development in this game is slow and intensive. As such, the volatility induced by DCs removes a lot of the incentive and reward to develop off-meta counters. A lot of this is personal preference. Others may like the volatility. For me, however, it has completely killed any motivation I had, and I used to have A LOT.

Combine that with PvE content that is completely trivial at this point and there's just nothing left besides GAC streaming with your guild buddies. And even that has gotten depressing because my fellow try-hards also just don't care anymore. At this point, the game is just a reason to gather and chat, someone plays their matches, the rest of us just shoot the poo.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    My guild. Honestly that’s what’s keeping me in it at this point
  • My guild is what motivates me to keep playing. Not a fan of the datacrons
  • Picollo
    41 posts Member
    I run the game on autopilot hoping they will remove DCs and actually add meaningful content to the game down the line. I'm only logging in to do dailies, guild events and refreshes. GAC is boring after the changes. DC are destroying guilds and is pushing the game towards Diablo immortal standards. Keep it F2P but make it impossible to actually compete.

All in all the game is actually really bad right now. But it's star wars and there's a nice community within my guild.

The past week I even started playing some other similar phone games and wow I can't believe how much other companies are doing for their players. Communicating, giving resources for mistakes or downtime for example. Some even have an actual website, discord or YouTube! But hey maybe one day.

And just the fact that CG completely ignore their players is just really unprofessional.

I feel like it could go on forever :wink:

So in short not much to be motivated by anymore unfortunately. But fingers crossed for better days ahead...
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    Didn't you say elsewhere that you are a mid-game player? If so, I would wager you are far less impacted by them than end-game players.
    Here's an example. I spent a lot of resources and mods on certain counters that now just don't work because of DCs.
    Yes i am and i am aware that DC will impact later...but forum seems to indicate there is a massive discontent and exodus out of the game...and this does not add up to what i see. Can you please indicate an EXAMPLE of something that no longer works due to DCs...even if at top tier?

• StAugJames
    163 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Here's an example. I spent a lot of resources and mods on certain counters that now just don't work because of DCs.
    Yes i am and i am aware that DC will impact later...but forum seems to indicate there is a massive discontent and exodus out of the game...and this does not add up to what i see. Can you please indicate an EXAMPLE of something that no longer works due to DCs...even if at top tier?

You don’t believe there is mass discontent among the player base over these DCs? I’m not sure if there is a mass exodus but I’m sure CG will have the daily engagement numbers regarding DCs. Also they should provide a survey to the community like they sometimes do to see what everyone is thinking but I doubt they will provide results to us. Would be nice though.

No comment on massive discontent and/or exodus. I certainly know some, even in my guild, that seem to be enjoying DCs.

BH vs LV is much harder with the CD reduction.

SEE and JML counters to JMK are much harder now, depending on DC setup.

SK vs Rey can be completely shut down.

Geos+ddk cleanup crew having a hard time with +x00% lifestyle, faster ult charges, cooldown reductions, etc.

And that's just what I can quickly think of from one batch of DCs.

Do you want examples of specific counters that don't work? Is that what you're asking for? Because that's going to change on a monthly basis from here on out - which is exactly where the problem lies.

DCs shook up the entire game - tried and true pre-datacron counters are no longer a sure thing and some are no longer a thing at all against the right DC. And even after people do figure out appropriate counters for a given team comp with a specific DC, that only covers a single use case. DCs have exponentially increased the complexity of theory-crafting counters because there are so many more possible bonus abilities and stats stacked on top of any given team comp. It's reduced many players to a "shoot and hope" strategy in GAC, effectively rendering previous work done on your roster as meaningless in the context of why you chose to gear certain characters or mod a certain way. It throws the entire landscape of PVP on it's head and is intended to do so every month.

Which is why I'm caring less about PVP these days. I'm not going to try to chase a meta that changes this quickly. This fundamentally changes the game where PVP is concerned and there's no possibility to 'catch up' or even expect that what you know about the game and your characters that you've put so much time and effort into will in any way resemble what it will look like tomorrow. Geared Fennec for an LV counter? Sorry - that was a waste of time and resources now.

I can't believe I'm saying this - but at least there's still conquest and TB. I generally know what to expect there and don't feel like my efforts are erased every time I engage with THAT content.

So there's my answer to the title question. What keeps me playing? 1st my guild - then Conquest, then to a much lesser degree, TB.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    352 posts EA Community Manager
    Trying to unlock my first GL keeps me going.

JMLS is about 30% or maybe 40% req ready, still a few item pieces I need to take some characters to Relic level
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Things that keep me playing the game now:
    1) Guild - Nothing better than tackling this game with a great crew! And I do love organizing TW and TB.
    2) TW - Was my favorite game mode prior to datacrons, but I can't believe how detrimental they've been to fun in this area. I'm hoping they fix this by barring GLs from the bonus mechanics datacrons offer.
    3) Conquest - Believe it or not I enjoy conquest a lot and miss it between rounds.
    4) Mods - Many won't agree, but I've always had fun upgrading and trying to maximize mods.

Things that no longer motivate me like they once did:
    1) GA - Was my favorite game mode before GLs ruined the balance. (and yes, I have 6 GLs)
    2) Raids - The most fun I've ever had in this game was tackling HAAT and HSTR. Raids always have been the best content this game has offered, and I'm sad they've steered away from that.
    3) TBs - Had a lot of fun trying to improve on wave count record month after month, but they're stale now.

Things that never motivated me:
    1) GCs - Uninteresting gameplay with usually frustrating mechanics.
    2) Both Arenas - Using the same team to hit the same team multiple times each day isn't fun. Arena could be fun if the meta was diverse, but it's not.
  • Icke_und_Er
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Short version WHY? I read at least 50 posts saying datacrons broke the game...but i dont see the reason. (…)
    What am i missing...?
    You are probably missing a team to counter JMK. Or you have not met JMK with a datacron that stuns with every special attack, restores 10% health and protection when doing so, ignores protection and has 400%+ lifesteal on top. Whatever counter you (want to) have against JMK, consider it useless now.

What keeps me in this game is our guild (286M), GAC 5v5 and TW (around 80% wins). Unfortunately those datacrons totally killed the fun both in GAC and TW and turned this brilliant game into a stupid gamble.
  • This is my addiction) I play already about 4 years, every time I want to stop I see a new cartoon to unlock)
    company information
  • Certainly not this "State of the Galaxy: July 2022"
    This is the Way
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    My guild. The only thing keeping me playing this game is my guild - If I didn't "somewhat" feel a sense of responsibility and comradery from my guild, I would've easily quit about 8-9 months ago. Or never have really gotten into the game in a serious manner at all and quit years ago.

As-is I'm half expecting to just stop logging in entirely when a certain game releases in a couple weeks that I'm planning to fully no-life. The game's really just gotten way too... "stagnant" and unfun for the type of player I am. There's nothing FUN to theorycraft anymore - Raids are designed around hard limiting strategies, conquest has very minimal theorycrafting, and pvp has always been a almost entirely solved beast day 1 of any meta shift, and is now just generally unfun to even approach theorycraft-wise between GLs, Omicrons and Datacrons.

I played this game for years because it was fun sitting there figuring out crazy methods to min-max character and team performance in raids - I'm still pretty certain I have multiple character/team/faction world records, especially on HSTR, as I've never seen anyone come even close to my performance with stuff like the JTR teams. (I broke 34M with the old JTR/Finn team in P1. Closest I've ever seen posted with that team before the TM overhaul destroyed it's potential was like 29M.)

But yeah, basically, if it wasn't for being in a guild that's fun and supportive, I definitely would've quit a long time ago, and I'm pretty certain most of the people in it pretty much feel the same way. We're all just sticking around as a sort of "semi-social relaxation" in our daily schedules.
  • I honestly don't know any more, there is my guild but there's not many in my guild who really put in, it's mainly my fellow officers plus a few others. Datacons, sandbagging TW opponents and now R9 requirements for new unlocks is really draining my motivation.