Do you think CG will announce new gls soon?

Prev13
If so who do you think they will be?

I'm close to unlocking my final GL ftp. already have starkiller. Will be ready for grand inquisitor in about a month. Feels like we don't have much to chase right now.

Replies

• twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    I personally think they are done with them, but what do I know?
  • I'd be fine with that as long as we have something else to chase
  • I think we will get 2 more but not sure if anything after that.
  • I cant really think of gl level toons we don't already have but I hope they do atleast 2 more
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member

up5zvbb7rjhl.jpg

Just unlocked
  • Thrawn, Ashoka, and Mando all could have GL versions, probably QGJ/Maul as well but they seem to be done with prequel toons right now.
  • I'd like a gl R2 and gl jabba
  • Some non force users for those quests
  • I also think (and hope) they are done with GLs.

JMK and LV created so many (still unresolved) balance issues, they probably view it as more work than it was worth.

This is especially true if Starkiller and Grand Inquisitor brought in GL-level revenue. I think those type of releases may be the new norm.

But the answer to all questions is money. If GLs drove significantly more sales than SK/GI, I have a feeling they’ll be back.
  • I am in two minds on this - as already mentioned, if Conquest characters, or new Legendaries like Starkiller, generate as much revenue as a Vader or Kylo, then then I can’t see more.

However, it does feel like breadcrumbs are being left - Inquisitors pushed heavily; new Rogue One/early Rebels in Raddus, the Raven’s Claw, probably the Profindity. I could easily see a GL Leia being announced, given her overlap with each of those areas, and the lack of a truly great Leia in the game. Likewise, I could imagine a GL based around TOR - Malgus is almost finished his run, and I’m expecting to see the light side counterpart soon.

50/50 to me, which way they will go!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    CG will announce new GLs only when we have all reached the conclusion that they will not announce more GLs. :D
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

they are not

1x6ajj9dombp.jpeg
  • I was hoping for a GL Revan, but unfortunately I am not sure they’ll do it. Neutral with call outs to light side and dark side in the kit would be cool but I’d be happy with it regardless. I would even farm both ticket types gladly for it. I’ll keep my hopes up for an OR or SWTOR GL. I started playing this game for the KOTOR content originally.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

they are not

1x6ajj9dombp.jpeg

Also gear economy updates right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I’m entirely speculating here, but since Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn, you can expect to see him in her upcoming series. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Ezra shows up, either. A Thrawn GL wouldn’t be a stretch for the future.
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    I wish they do something out of the box for once.. for example.. say the next GL was Reven.. have us choose Ls or Ds. Both with different abilities and you can’t change or have both..

They could of done this with a few characters like Star Killer.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Kripty wrote: »
    I wish they do something out of the box for once.. for example.. say the next GL was Reven.. have us choose Ls or Ds. Both with different abilities and you can’t change or have both..

Not GL related, but I always thought Visas Marr could have LS and DS as Tags and depending on which squad you use her on full LS or DS, her abilities mirror that. Might be a nice rework.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Kripty wrote: »

Really cool idea! I doubt cg would do something like that though
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    Nickscott wrote: »

They would have to consider those who like to collect everything. I think it’s a cool idea particularly if they are well balanced and unique, but some may not like missing out on the alternate version.
  • There will be new GLs. They will require grand inquisitor or starkiller (or both) and at least two r9.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    What is the point in GLs now that we have datacrons?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Rius wrote: »

They would have to consider those who like to collect everything. I think it’s a cool idea particularly if they are well balanced and unique, but some may not like missing out on the alternate version.

Yeah that's why I don't think they'd do that haha I'd be one of those people I'm so close to having everything 7* other than kam
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    I'd like a gl R2 and gl jabba

GL Jabba, for sure! GL Leia for the counterpart.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member

nah that's a horrible idea. one would be like JMK the other would be like LV where one is far better then the other and people would get upset at never getting "JMK" after choosing the worst of the 2.

if they do anything like that they either need to finally use the neutral tag for the single unit, or just give the unit both light side and dark side tags
  • We don't need more toons do we? I think time would be best spent on developing some of the promises like gear crunches, personal raids, different raids (I want the Death Star raid...I know we have CLS journey but that is old and gear9 toons complete it and I want to see another raid based on protecting the Wookies - lets give CWC a purpose in the game!)
  • subxsimo
    125 posts Member
    el_mago wrote: »
    I'd like a gl R2 and gl jabba

GL Jabba, for sure! GL Leia for the counterpart.

Would prob be Lord Fett as a Gl and would prob have a big ability like Starkiller where Lord Fett rides the rancor. Another reason is because Jabba doesn't attack anyone throughout the films although hutts are very powerful itowuldnt make sense to have a GL with abilities like cp30.

Leia deffo makes sense as there is no gl rebel and we have a gl empire already.

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Gandalf and Witcher king
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    I want a GL that doesn't get wiped even on regular nodes in Conquest please. So far all 6 have gotten wiped on both types of nodes, even with their meta team.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    I hope that they drop GL Cal Kestis once fallen order 2 drops
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

I heard similar from many people. Though I don't understand where it is coming from. Is there any hint cg gave that this can be the case?