Mod cap increased

We got some great news today, but unless I missed it did they address the mod cap? It needs to be doubled or tripled due to all the new toons and ways to get more etc. so devs if ur listening increase it! (Unless I missed it in the post)

Replies

• XiXiS
    48 posts Member
    At least it doesn’t feel they increased it. But mod management update is a great update, I’m OK with waiting for longer now.
  • Honestly, the mod cap was never the biggest issue with the system, it was the horrific UI and upgrade system. Considering the changes we got to that, I’m fine if the cap isn’t increased
  • Honestly, the mod cap was never the biggest issue with the system, it was the horrific UI and upgrade system. Considering the changes we got to that, I’m fine if the cap isn’t increased

Experiences vary. If this happened 3 years ago, I'd have the same view. For folks using Hot Utils, the mods QoL update is completely meaningless. It doesn't even approach the level of convenience offered there. The cap, however, is an issue pretty much every end-game player I've ever interacted with has struggled with.

I'd still say a good update, since it should increase QoL for newer players, which this game needs to keep around if the supposed mass exodus of end-game players is real.
  • Beyond mod cap, there is also the issue of mod loadout cap that is too small. If you have a default load out for every character in game, and then a TB load out, then a TW load out for your TW omicron characters, then a 3v3 GAC load out for certain characters, you quickly run out of space. There simply is no way for high level players to play the game without using hotutils unless they have god-tier relics/mods and can get 4/4 in TB without remodding and don't care about their veers speed in 3v3.
  • . The cap, however, is an issue pretty much every end-game player I've ever interacted with has struggled with.
    You did say experiences vary, and mine varies completely on this. The majority of people I interact with don’t struggle with the cap because they actively manage their mods. And these are people with endgame mod collections (not saying that my mod collection is endgame, before anyone starts snooping).

Those I’ve interacted with who have struggled with the cap have had a vast sea of unlevelled mods or a large pile of mods they’ve sliced to reveal all secondaries then just left untouched for months instead of selling them.

If the devs increases the mod cap to 750, the same users would be back on the forums in a couple of months time asking for it to be raised again.
  • Not all of them. My inventory floats around 400/500 after I do my leveling and purging. It took me a while to get that many I'm afraid to sell. So it'd take me a while to get to 600~650.
  • What my mod inventory looks like today:
    dmg1kkygodb6.png

What my mod inventory is going to look like once the cap gets increased to 832823:
    dmg1kkygodb6.png
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    At least they are finally giving us a count so we can actually see how close to the limit we are...

sja0d8h8olfx.png