7m vs 4.5m GP? Is this normal?

Returning player here, just wondering if this is normal? My GA opponent has 40 gear 13s to my 9. Multiple relic 8 characters when I have 1 relic 7 and one relic 4 and that's it. He's 7+ mil GP to my 4.5m.

What's up with that? I'm only in chromium 2

Replies

• Options
    Returning player here, just wondering if this is normal? My GA opponent has 40 gear 13s to my 9. Multiple relic 8 characters when I have 1 relic 7 and one relic 4 and that's it. He's 7+ mil GP to my 4.5m.

What's up with that? I'm only in chromium 2

They're clearly not trying that often. What they have and what you have is irrelevant now. It's all about win/loss.
  • Options
    How is it irrelevant? You don't think there are enough people in the 4-5 million range for the game to match me with? How is matching me with someone who has 31 gear 13s more than me, a reasonable thing?
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    How is it irrelevant? You don't think there are enough people in the 4-5 million range for the game to match me with? How is matching me with someone who has 31 gear 13s more than me, a reasonable thing?

It's not. It's a problem many try to bring to CG's attention. The Skillrating based matchmaking as it is now needs to be adjusted more before it works as it should.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    They obviously meant it is irrelevant to the actual matchmaking, which is a factual statement.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    You're
    TVF wrote: »
    They obviously meant it is irrelevant to the actual matchmaking, which is a factual statement.

Indeed.

I took a quick gander at this person's other topic, and decided to ejector seat out of it. Seemed like unnecessary pain.