Datacron the answer to having money but no skill.

Byrdka
74 posts Member
Not doing well in GAC? Just buy a GL and a level 9 datacron, put it on defense then sit back and relax. Exactly how gaming was always intended.

Replies

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    tp8o3hw4016c.gif
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Just buy a Galactic Legend, eh? And how, precisely, do you do that? 🤔
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Byrdka wrote: »
    Not doing well in GAC? Just buy a GL and a level 9 datacron, put it on defense then sit back and relax. Exactly how gaming was always intended.

Oh no, pay 2 wins in a whole different division are paying against each other so i can play a game for free. Someone do something
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »

Yeah, OP's premise is silly

"Not winning GAC? Just buy all toons to r9!"

I mean, yeah, you can technically do that in this game, but its not realistic for anyone to do that

Maxing out your toons, gear, mods, datacrons make it easier to win, yeah, its how its always been

That's how hero collector games work
  • My thoughts here:

I actually like playing GAC; so games where 1 defensive team is designed to clearly dominate really disappoints me.

Clearly such a good team should be a key team. However, I'd prefer GAC where full clearing was common.

I really am not that keen on 'skill' or 'skill points'. For me 'skill' is a guy on a bmx doing an endo backwards down Mount Ventoux, whilst playing a Beethoven symphony flawlessy on a harmonica.

What we do is show hmmm 'prowess' maybe? Tactical prowess and knowledge, and lots of graft.

I feel datacrons are making me lazy. When I get depressed, I get lethargic. And I think about doing work on datacrons, I get lethargic and can't be bothered to do anything in the game. They feel time consuming, complicated and with no positive future.

After they removed using actual gear (aka the leak) from them, I felt quite positive. However, I didn't think of the defensive ramifications. Like the OP, I'm quite stressed with their potential and when that happens I disappear back in my micey hole......................'PLOOP'*.

*PLOOP noise represents the noise of harvestmouse disappearing back in its hole.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    If you start to connect depression to a mobile game, its probably time to stop
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »

I have a feeling many people have already or getting ready to stop.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    StAugJames wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »

I have a feeling many people have already or getting ready to stop.

In the end, its just a **** mobile game and mental health definitely comes up first. But thats just my pount of view

Connecting depression 'symptoms' to 'actions'.

I think I have just had about 18 months where I have been the most motivated I have ever been in this game.

I started the game wanting to make teams I liked. I get a mental block with things I feel are difficult (aka mods) and I generally got myself way behind for the first couple of years. I then started to watch videos and streams, from those I could learn and teach myself how to play.

I got motivated and went from a 4/12 GA player to a 8-9/12 player. It was a really positive experience seeing how I changed my gaming around.

However; 3v3 coming back, X3 ships on defence added, a change of guild and the ramifications of datacrons....... it's becoming more work like.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still motivated and unlike a lot of people I think the game's a lot better than when I first started (towards the end of 2017). Going back to those times.........it was dull as dishwater compared to now!
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member

Which is completely enough to be alerted tbh

Which is completely enough to be alerted tbh

Well 3 things here:

1. I don't want to take over this thread with my mental health. Nor do I feel the need to talk about it (SO WHY BRING IT UP HARVESTMOUSE!!). So, I prefer we didn't.

2. Like a bad apple you can cut away the bad bits. If part of the game is making me lethargic (aka datacrons) I can cut them out of my life, like a bad apple.

3. It's all relative. A very bad RL experience, will have a large effect on your mental health. An added feature in a game you play less so........ Though you may recognise similar symptoms?? Dunno, not my area of expertise, just some self diagnostics.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

A million years ago I called this game “Pokemon but with Star Wars” and got absolutely flamed to sh… err… stuff. But those people are gone now and I’m still here having a fun time with my dinky little desire to collect all the fish-headed characters so who was right?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Byrdka
    74 posts Member

I mean, yeah, you can technically do that in this game, but its not realistic for anyone to do that

Maxing out your toons, gear, mods, datacrons make it easier to win, yeah, its how its always been

You can buy GLs, gear, etc and sure win over someone that doesn’t. But if you don’t know how to use them (skill) you will lose to those with similar rosters. Unlimited datacron packs eliminate the need for skill.
  • NicWester wrote: »

A million years ago I called this game “Pokemon but with Star Wars” and got absolutely flamed to sh… err… stuff. But those people are gone now and I’m still here having a fun time with my dinky little desire to collect all the fish-headed characters so who was right?

TBF you can write anything here and get flamed to ...........

This place should be on the heritage list. Toxic forums for the early 2000s!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

You can buy GLs, gear, etc and sure win over someone that doesn’t. But if you don’t know how to use them (skill) you will lose to those with similar rosters. Unlimited datacron packs eliminate the need for skill.

You can have unlimited datacrons but if you don't know how to use them...
  • Ultra wrote: »

You don't need to know how to use them if you put them on defense.
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

You don't need to know how to use them if you put them on defense.

Do you need to know how to use anything if you put it on defence?

Watch a stream, put the best def team or GL down and see if it holds.

But I don’t know many player who are completely clueless to anything and datacrons still need to be optimised to your team.