Stop with the Inquisitorius Galactic Challenges

Prev13
madhader
72 posts Member
edited August 2022
We get it. You want us to whale on inquisitors. However, you didn’t even do this many GCs with mandos. Just stop.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Using the term “Whale” at this point is a bit silly, isn’t it?
  • Damien6277
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    For real!! Enough with the Inquisitor nonsense! You're making it impossible to get top tier rewards in everything for a 'C' rate faction. If you're going to continue to do this, at least bump them to accelerated now, rather than in a year.
  • Here’s a novel idea, let’s add a feat counter for those purge 60 times feats.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    Here’s a novel idea, let’s add a feat counter for those purge 60 times feats.

sorry that wont make them any money, so it wont happen.
  • Enough with the Inquisitorius!!
    Enough!!
    GC is driving me coocoo-bananas!!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Don't worry, they will stop soon. More and more ftp are getting Inquisitors now.
  • In a few months from now, when I get the Grand Inquie, all I can say is that there better be inquie challenges 20 time a month. All this pushing CG is doing......no worries CG, I'll get there, just have my rewards ready when I am.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    In a few months from now, when I get the Grand Inquie, all I can say is that there better be inquie challenges 20 time a month. All this pushing CG is doing......no worries CG, I'll get there, just have my rewards ready when I am.

It'll be Hutt Cartel by then.

I think "spend" is still appropriate. I have 3/5 Inquis 7* F2P, and the other two will be 7* within a month, but the real issue is gear. I have the pilot at R5 since she's so key to the empire fleet, but she doesn't survive more than two attacks on the final tier, effectively telling me CG wants all the Inquis at relics and to be lead by the GI for max create.

My issue is that CG seems to be making the gold crate harder and harder to get, even if you have the units at reasonable gear levels, which is frustrating. I generally wait for some YT'r to come up with a (usually tedious and highly RNG dependent) way of cheesing the feat on tier X then just clear VI with the faction of the month, which is not fun nor engaging.

I think gold crate should be achievable for those who bothered to farm the faction to 7* and take them to reasonable gear levels, say X or XI with maybe a relic lead.

Also, feat counter. Seriously. It's counted internally and the UI could be as ratchet as reusing the BH contact PO, just so long as we have a way of tracking it
  • Also I think CG keeps forgetting that Inquis suck. Individually and as a team, outside of TW. They could at least turn on the TW Omis for these challenges if they're going to make us use the most disappointing faction since the initial rollout of the prepared team.
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisitors.
  • FofoBett wrote: »
    No one expects the Spanish Inquisitors.

bad-joke-badumtss.gif

I think "spend" is still appropriate. I have 3/5 Inquis 7* F2P, and the other two will be 7* within a month, but the real issue is gear. I have the pilot at R5 since she's so key to the empire fleet, but she doesn't survive more than two attacks on the final tier, effectively telling me CG wants all the Inquis at relics and to be lead by the GI for max create.

My issue is that CG seems to be making the gold crate harder and harder to get, even if you have the units at reasonable gear levels, which is frustrating. I generally wait for some YT'r to come up with a (usually tedious and highly RNG dependent) way of cheesing the feat on tier X then just clear VI with the faction of the month, which is not fun nor engaging.

I think gold crate should be achievable for those who bothered to farm the faction to 7* and take them to reasonable gear levels, say X or XI with maybe a relic lead.

Also, feat counter. Seriously. It's counted internally and the UI could be as ratchet as reusing the BH contact PO, just so long as we have a way of tracking it
    I have the Grand Inquisitor and spent absolutely nothing on my inquisitors. I did eat significantly into my crystal stash though.

Either way, I’m sure players can get the t8 crate which gives them 2 omicrons, so I don’t think it’s worth a new thread every time this happens.
  • The fact they reintroduced the 'purge' feat again..........really smacks of 'laughing in our faces' and doing the exact opposite of the feedback. Thankfully, awesome omicrons seem to be a thing of the past, so it's very easy to ignore these GCs and move on.
  • Lots of FTP have them now so it won't be for too much longer.

Hutt Cartel will be the new flavour of the month shortly
  • Lumiya
    1462 posts Member
    Using the term “Whale” at this point is a bit silly, isn’t it?

I have the Grand Inquisitor and spent absolutely nothing on my inquisitors. I did eat significantly into my crystal stash though.

Either way, I’m sure players can get the t8 crate which gives them 2 omicrons, so I don’t think it’s worth a new thread every time this happens.

Without having them geared up, no. I have 3 of them at level 50 G5 for the cheese of the purge feat in Conquest, so I am stuck at the T7 box.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The entire point of Galactic Challenges, at this point, is getting 2 Omicrons. Are you getting two? Awesome, you’re good. Silver box, gold box, red box—none of that matters, get your two and you’re good to go.

You can get those two with 4* and 5*, gear 8-9. It takes a minimal amount of effort.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

j8jl8h8h13oc.png
    That’s going to be a lot easier.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Greatful for this thread, came on here to make my plea, so I'm happy that I'm not the only one who logged in today and instantly felt flat seeing another inquisitors challenge.

I genuinely really enjoy galactic challenges, as far as I'm concerned it's something to do that can provide a challenge especially when they are really hard. I may not have the roster to max out every focus but no complaints on that. I understand the need to push a team for a while when they are new but this is never ending.

It doesn't make me want to invest in that team (financially or time), not because I have any particular hate or dislike for the inquisitors but the game isn't really in a space where it can allow for a diversion when there's so much else to do which takes so long.

I also agree with an earlier point made that they aren't exactly the most fun/best team to use outside territory war so it's not that great a way to sell them.

I watched Hynseys interview with Crumb where he asked for constructive feedback, to summerise (constructively)

1. I enjoy galactic challenges
    2. I understand the need to push certain teams.
    3. Please don't overdo it, it ruins the fun
    4. It's not about rewards it's about something to do
  • NicWester wrote: »

j8jl8h8h13oc.png
    That’s going to be a lot easier.

I literally checked my Hutt Cartell after reading that too..........and mine looks absolutely identical to yours!!!!

I came to the same conclusion. Not too difficult to get the tier 6 match done.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    352 posts EA Community Manager
    Im gonna take over this thread for a moment and ask a question:

What is your favorite GC and what things about that GC do you like specifically? Be as detailed as possible.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    madhader wrote: »
    We get it. You want us to whale on inquisitors. However, you didn’t even do this many GCs with mandos. Just stop.

How often are Inquisitor GCs happening?

Its not on monthly calendar but for Mando it was every second GC:

7tfhqdvtyowu.png
  • I also love Galactic Challenges. What I enjoy is that they involve some creativity to solve the problem. While I'm happy when we have easy GCs, I do also really enjoy the ones that require some funky thinking outside the box.

For that reason, what I think is fun is when there's not one specific team needed to win (not just Inquisitor GCs that literally require a specific faction, but like, ones where it's like, for example, "if you don't have this faction GL, good freaking luck", which to CG's credit, doesn't seem like it happens commonly).

So for instance, the recent GC with Admiral Raddus needing to use Empire was interesting, because there were elements where he hard counters your team with auto-daze and counterattacks, but you've got a great modifier and you need to play very differently than you usually play Empire to win.

I generally enjoy impactful global modifiers (like Death Star with the instakill, Endor with the granted ability based on character type, and Takodana with deathmark, though that can be a bit annoyingly RNG heavy), and ones where your team gets a really fun modifier like Empire.
  • A variety of different factions is fundamental. Keeping the majority to one faction isn’t an incentive to gear them but just to get the highest crate and ignore. Take the current one with inquisitors for example. I just ran an underdog battle to get as high as possible without having to gear the red blades.

Limiting the variety of squads needed makes the game mode into a drag and takes the fun out of it. Getting to use a range of teams and not the same faction every other one makes the challenge somewhat interesting with different mechanics. One of my favourites was old republic vs Sepratists and canderous was taking hundreds of turns which was just great fun.

Personally the best ones are with squads many people have (for lower level and new players) and fighting against interesting mechanics (not steadfast retribution please remove that).
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

What is your favorite GC and what things about that GC do you like specifically? Be as detailed as possible.

Nice try, we're on to you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • mikebtp
    124 posts Member

I liked when it was random. However, we just refer to GC as Inquisitor Mode nowadays.
  • Im gonna take over this thread for a moment and ask a question:

I agree with a lot of what was said above. I do really enjoy a GC where there are some interesting mechanics interplaying between the offense and defence. It is definitely annoying, when the player modifier only helps you if it also means you miss a feat (there was a recent one where your Sith got bonuses only when one died, but a feat that wanted you to win without losing a character - I get the point, but it’s still annoying).

The real issue I have with the Inquisitor GCs is the additional feat of landing Purge, which only Inquisitors can do. Two feats that both require Inquisitors is real feels bad. There are other debuffs that have been required in GCs that are only applied by a limited number of toons, but generally available across different factions that you might still be able to apply them without the specified faction for the GC.

Being able to “cheat” the system, if you will, allows for theory crafting to “solve” the GC, which is fun. Gating, or pigeon-holing, multiple feats behind a single faction means there is significantly reduced theory crafting (who should be the leader? That’s about it) and this less fun in breaking down the GC.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    madhader wrote: »

How often are Inquisitor GCs happening?

Its not on monthly calendar but for Mando it was every second GC:

7tfhqdvtyowu.png

Well those were the initial GCs right. So, since then we've been lulled into a period of variety.

IIRC Beskar Mando was also a feat in all of those, not just the mando specific ones.

The other point is; like Hutt Cartel, we already had enough Mandalorians to muddle through. E.g. get tier 6 done. With Inqs, you really have to stop your farming and do a whole team (with difficult gear) to get a team that isn't that great half decent.
  • TNT117
    23 posts Member
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    A variety of different factions is fundamental. Keeping the majority to one faction isn’t an incentive to gear them but just to get the highest crate and ignore. Take the current one with inquisitors for example. I just ran an underdog battle to get as high as possible without having to gear the red blades.

Limiting the variety of squads needed makes the game mode into a drag and takes the fun out of it. Getting to use a range of teams and not the same faction every other one makes the challenge somewhat interesting with different mechanics. One of my favourites was old republic vs Sepratists and canderous was taking hundreds of turns which was just great fun.

Personally the best ones are with squads many people have (for lower level and new players) and fighting against interesting mechanics (not steadfast retribution please remove that).

Agreed. Steadfast Retribution can burn in a fire.