Stop with the Inquisitorius Galactic Challenges

Replies

• Options
    Im gonna take over this thread for a moment and ask a question:

What is your favorite GC and what things about that GC do you like specifically? Be as detailed as possible.

I don't enjoy GC, I find it frustrating. I find not having a counter almost phone throwingly frustrating.

That said.........I love content. So I'm usually ready and eager to go for each new GC.

I think GCs are quite time consuming. So............if you're willing to put in the time, I don't think they should be frustratingly hard. And some of the GCs are really hard.

What I would like to see is 4 feats that require 4 different teams and are challenging, but not RNG dependent challenging.

Usually I'll have a go at the feats. If they're tough, I'll wait until Bit Dynasty does a video and take it from there.

Sometimes the guides suggest 'If so and so starts of with an aoe pull out and start again' With these GCs, I feel are badly designed.

TLDR

GCs that require me to use 3 or 4 different squads, but each feat isn't RNG dependent.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2324 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

My favorite GC’s are the one that provide a challenge to my roster, not my wallet. Like the most recent fleet one was fine, since it required people to think outside of the box.

I get it that new factions need to be promoted. I’m fine with that, after all it’s how money is generated. There is a point though that it just becomes annoying. When the Mandolorian faction was added, there were GCs that required them but it was nowhere near the scale the Inquisitor GCs are being pushed.

There is a line that needs to be drawn in profit versus player satisfaction. Player satisfaction has got to be at an all time low when CG continues to promote Inquisitors and Datacrons when it’s clear the community dislikes both. In addition, CG has been very bad at admitting when they’ve done something to upset the player community as they clearly have done within the last few months. Either they’re ignorant to that fact or they don’t know what to say I don’t know. All the recent dev posts about Datacron Q/A’s have been extremely tone deaf, so much so I doubt anyone working for CG would even read what I’m writing.

Datacrons were a mistake. Promoting Inquisitors for months only to result in a lackluster faction was a mistake. Own up to your mistakes or they won’t be forgiven or forgotten. Only the best companies admit when they’ve done something wrong.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    362 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

My favorite GC’s are the one that provide a challenge to my roster, not my wallet. Like the most recent fleet one was fine, since it required people to think outside of the box.

I get it that new factions need to be promoted. I’m fine with that, after all it’s how money is generated. There is a point though that it just becomes annoying. When the Mandolorian faction was added, there were GCs that required them but it was nowhere near the scale the Inquisitor GCs are being pushed.

So, what is your favorite GC?
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

What is your favorite GC and what things about that GC do you like specifically? Be as detailed as possible.

I like the ones that make me think outside the box so I can achieve a feat. For example wild team compositions with characters you normally wouldn't put together. I like it because normally you are very "limited" in your choices whom you put together when it comes to good squads. The feats often open up different possibilities and you have to think more and try out a few different setups.

I also would like to state a request: Often, when there are factions that also have ships we now have the later tiers only for fleet, for example GR. I really would like to be able to use my squads aswell and not always be limited to fleets. Maybe if those factions come up you can make one for fleet, next time for squads, then fleet again etc. And I don't say this because I don't have the fleet, I have a Nego fleet, I just really would like to be able to use my squad again from time to time.

Edit for typo
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

I think it's difficult to remember 'actual' GCs. Often, I think 'Is this identical to one we have had before?'

Once they're done, (for me) they're erased from memory. I make Conquest notes now, as I very often forget things from Conquest 1 - 2 (in a cycle) by 3 I usually have it down.
  • Options
    I think the point of the Inquisitoriousisness is lost on everyone.

It’s not about convincing YOU to whale on something you haven’t whaled on, or to convince you to promote a faction that….in my opinion isn’t cost effective.

It’s strictly a reward to those that ALREADY DID whale on it.
    If you want to spend money and resources on a subpar faction that is new? You’ll get a little something for it.
    The rest of us are not being punished, it’s just the whales getting a little something extra.

Don’t feel like you’re missing out: all those “rewards” don’t add up to the money, gear, zetas, omi’s, etc that were spent on those toons.

I’m slow rolling Inquisitors. I’m 6* on all of them because I farm them all almost every day.
    Best case that team will come in handy for all the GMY teams I never see :pensive:
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Options
    Naturally my favourite GC are the ones where you only need to beat the leader to win!

What I like about GC's are that firstly it's new content to engage with every few days, it's also unlimited so that's a bonus.

Sometimes I'll complete first time and not touch it again but I really like when it's really hard and I have to think and try multiple times. It's a bit like the C3po event incredibly annoying but actually on reflection when you complete it incredibly satisfying.

I think the rewards are great vs the effort you put in, I'm sure some will disagree! But it's not life or death if you get them or not but a tidy pick up especially the shards for shard shop, regular boost.

I'd like to face newer/ varied teams, sometimes the opposition is a bit repetitive. Love to face the inquisitors for example or Iden, I'd engage with that a lot more.

I think the length of each challenge is spot on, means I can complete depending on what else is going on.

Other then over pushing certain factions, I do think it's 1 area of the game that CG has nailed, IMO
  • Options

Pretty much every other GC is better than the Inquisitor ones. That includes Fleet Ones like the most recent one.
  • Options

Empire/Imperial Troopers

Dots and offense up are easy to theory craft for squads, if your Empire squad isn’t strong enough. I like the challenge of 1 LS/1 DS too.

A Starkiller themed GC would be cool. Require a variety of different squads mechanics.
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

I find that GCs are easily forgotten after the event, but it would be nice if you could do a GC Tournament similar to what Doja did.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/242923/gc-madness-tournament-round-one
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    362 posts EA Community Manager
    Options

Pretty much every other GC is better than the Inquisitor ones. That includes Fleet Ones like the most recent one.

What specifics about those GCs did you like?
  • Options

That they didn't involve a faction that just came out. I understand wanting to promote the new hotness, but it's getting very tedious, very repetitive. It's getting real old, reeeeaaaaaal fast.
  • Options
    I like the ones in the future the best because they have a feat tracker. Eh?

Nothing is less fun then inflicting purge 57 times and killing Rex thinking you have 60.
  • R3D0
    8 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I liked these GCs because the factions (Scoundrel, Clone) are large enough that we have some choice in the team composition to complete the GC. I enjoy being able to have some choice over which characters I use to complete a GC.

The other feats require mechanics that could be completed by teams other than the one already required (Scoundrel, Clone) like attacking out of turn, offense up, or dots. If I don't have the chosen faction, I still like to participate in the other 3 feats by using interesting team compositions. Depending on what characters I have geared up, I may put Shaak Ti with Piett and Palpatine to get offense up or throw Vader in with Boba Fett to get enough dots. I end up spending more time playing the game when I can still participate in 3/4 feats because they aren't locked to a specific faction.

*edited for typos and clarity

y1v9n8s6futq.jpg

9qu7qznf8ymy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that complaints about these GCs are not fully warranted.

The BIGGEST thing about GCs are the omicron materials. We have been able to get the omicrons from every single Inquisitor GC since they started, mostly with g8/9 Inqs, just doing tier 6, then getting the rest of the feats in tier 10 to secure the tier 9 box. You're only missing out on a few mod slicing materials.

The main downside of having had so many Inq GCs for me is just the repetitiveness of the feats. It's much the same challenge with a new backdrop every time. Maybe just lower the frequency a bit now that they have been out for a while (or just change the theme to Rogue One :P)

I like those GCs where it feels like a puzzle to work out tier 10. A recent one was Clones vs Sith I think. I had to be clever with my application of exposes from Bad Batch to control everyone's turn meter to avoid the Sith getting a lot of turns and overpowering me.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2324 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Primarily it required us to think outside of the box. Several you had use really odd squad compositions to accomplish the feats. Some examples include having to complete the battle with a LS and DS character surviving while also requiring all Galactic Republic characters, plus needing to gain stealth X number of times/score 30 critical hits, etc,

There are definitely quite a few of those GCs that provide a real challenge but are rewarding when you finally beat it. All the Inquisitor ones are “Do you have Inquisitors? No? That’s too bad. You should buy them”. I’ve lost count of how many GCs required Inquisitors, but I’m fairly sure it’s been every other one for months. Stop… if you’re trying to allow people who made the mistake in farming Inquisitors to have a place to use them since in virtually every other game mode they’re useless, you should probably address the fact they’re a terrible faction. Second Sister’s only use is her ship, which I’ll grant is very good as a reinforcement.
  • Options
    I think the GC that need you to think outside the box and ensure that you need to take advantage of the faction / event interactions are probably the best.

The last GC was fun - You could easily win the battle with brute force by using a GL, but the Empire feat needed a bit of thought behind it. The event feat (Leader special ability causes mass assist) meant that using Darth Vader lead was (for me) the optimum lead. It forced me to use a toon in a leadership role that I don't normally do.

For a 7.9M account, I'd sort of expect to be able to get the penultimate box on each GC. I don't have a problem not getting the "reward" of the final box, given that I don't have all of the factions at relic levels. I think the Inquisitorious frequency of events is a bit excessive though. This GC I managed to get the penultimate box by using a 3 man Inquisitorious team plus JML and Wat for the Purge feat. The only problem was it took too many attempts to get this feat as there were a number of attempts where I killed the Clones too quickly. ***We need a feat counter!***
  • Options
    Gale_Toral wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that complaints about these GCs are not fully warranted.

The BIGGEST thing about GCs are the omicron materials. We have been able to get the omicrons from every single Inquisitor GC since they started, mostly with g8/9 Inqs, just doing tier 6, then getting the rest of the feats in tier 10 to secure the tier 9 box. You're only missing out on a few mod slicing materials.

The main downside of having had so many Inq GCs for me is just the repetitiveness of the feats. It's much the same challenge with a new backdrop every time. Maybe just lower the frequency a bit now that they have been out for a while (or just change the theme to Rogue One :P)

I like those GCs where it feels like a puzzle to work out tier 10. A recent one was Clones vs Sith I think. I had to be clever with my application of exposes from Bad Batch to control everyone's turn meter to avoid the Sith getting a lot of turns and overpowering me.

I hear what your saying about the rewards but respectfully I don't think your assumption as to why people are fed up is correct. I've seen a few comments in the various threads about rewards and omicrons but as you said in most cases we're able to gain those regardless of the feats. However quite a few people have turned on the game today seen that it's another inquisitors focus and have taken to the forums. It's obviously struck a chord and tbf for the majority the tone hasn't been attacking or aggressive more a plea for our sanity! It's demoralising only being able to engage with the only regular content half the time.

I don't use omicrons so the rewards don't bother me that much, but the second I see a GC that I can't have a chance of winning I click off (or do the bare minimum). I accept there's lots of factions so that might happen but when it's every other one it ruins the experience.
  • Options
    Gale_Toral wrote: »

The BIGGEST thing about GCs are the omicron materials. We have been able to get the omicrons from every single Inquisitor GC since they started, mostly with g8/9 Inqs, just doing tier 6,

Who is we?

I'm investing in 2nd sister for the interceptor and 7th sister (due to having a crush on her) other than that, I can't afford it.

There are very few maybe 1 or 2 GCs that I haven't got 2 omicrons; other than these inq GCs.

• Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

First sorry for my poor English as I'm French.
    Second I have GI and inquisitors

My preferred challenges are those with BH because there is many option on how to play. Witch lead? With who? How to proc the contract fast enough a'd so on.

I'm frustrated with inquisitors CG because :
    1. There is no theoricrafting of any sort. The 5 standard leads are so crapy that you always use GI as lead. And purge scoring is dumb. I had to remove mods from my GI to not kill those clones too fast... Really not what I feel rewarding, downgrading your toons to achieve ethe challenge is meh.

2. Most importantly, I feel like I'm a wallet and not a player for CG. All those inqui CG to force player to get them instead of having a team that is meaingfull in the meta! Give us meaningful teams and we will be happy to farm them.
    And it's not even hard to do this, first correct the bugs on inquisitors. Even just correct the spe 1 for 2nd syster. She should apply 1 purge + 1 purge per buff none résistable. It s not how it work. And this small difference make the entire team interesting. It will give us a reliable way to have 6 purges.

• Dianora
    119 posts Member
    Options
    I don't love the fleet GCs because nine out of ten times I can just run a standard Malevolence start with three ships of the required faction in reinforcements and it's an easy red chest (although I do like getting easy red chests).

Without citing specific GCs, I like ones where you could reasonably get all the achievements with one team (for example, "full Empire team" and "gain Stealth 20 times" isn't practical) and it would be nice if there were a way to get credit for "undersized" and "full X team" at the same time.
  • Options

Any thats not inquisitior. An what do I like best about those other gc..well they don’t include inquisitior. Simple as that.
  • Options

As others have already said, I enjoy the GCs that use non standard teams and think outside the box
  • Options
    I enjoy gcs where there's a variety of choices (ie player is Rebels, jedi, sith, imps) not something that's very limited (such as inquisitors, mandos, bb, heck even jawas or tuskens, or droid fleets - there's only 3 in the game and your buggered if you don't have them as the feat reqs 3)
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Options

It's hard to remember my favorite GC, because I used to love GCs but it's been so long since we had a good one. So it's a good question and I'll try to get at the details.

Features of a good GC:
    • Primarily, has mechanics that allows players to use teams in a fun way (and there are variations of this) and even at lower gear levels (sure, with some danger and RNG). Jawas, for example, with a special power that supercharges their TDs.
    • On the other side of this (the enemy side), the battle itself fits the team, as opposed to the enemy team being super-fast, super-powered, a sort of counter to the player team, and it's just brute force. Or the player power is dumb and the enemy power is crazy annoying. This is CG's chance, without affecting the rest of the game, to really illustrate how a team can be fun and interesting and worth powering up and using elsewhere.
    • The faction-dependent feat allows a 5th non-faction character, for stuff like 4 characters and the event ability supercharging someone like GG to get a zillion HP. I noticed these disappeared.
    • The "do this cool thing" feat actually feels a little cool (this is a tough one to get right, but can really go wrong). It doesn't feel horrible, like 10000 applications of some stupid debuff, that just makes people redo it a lot because there's no counter, they have to keep the stupid faction team *and* enemies alive for too long, and it feels like yet another "who cares about gameplay, relic your inquisitors" challenge, which has less to do with an actual challenge or feat and more to do with just bluntly punishing players for not wanting to invest in the latest dud team.* Another example of this is the fleet crit feats, where you can't mod for crit chance or whatever--this feat comes a lot with fleets, and yet fleets offer very little wiggle room for doing stuff like this so players can do a fine job dragging out multiple battles trying to land lucky crits while all the ships on the field are just dying of dots. TLDR: give players more control, and more of a feeling of control.
    • Part of highlighting the team: it's not beating a dead horse. It needs to feel like a somewhat new challenge, not an old challenge with a new background and name slapped on.

In other words... all these good features are features that the inquisitor GCs are largely, or severely, lacking. Inquisitors often feel especially weak. They're supposed to counter certain jedi, but it makes it feel like every enemy team including jedi will counter inquisitors and that inquisitors are just a failed gimmick team. The main way to use inquisitors with anyone else is just JML/wat debuff-spam garbage, with no counter, hoping you get enough purges when you inevitably have to end the battle before they kill your garbage inquisitors--so these were all mostly JML GCs, and if you don't have JML that's how you really miss out on that GC feat. And it feels like we've been doing inquisitor GCs every other GC for sooooooooooooo looooooong

*Regarding inquisitors as a dud team: Yes, the time for such punishment in GC over not powering up such teams should be over. With GAC and TW reward changes, players who want to focus on TW will get TW teams anyway. Players who want to focus on GAC will invest in old GLs, when in the past they may have skipped 3 year old meta teams. I don't think there's a need to punish even whales for going for GLs over unattractive new teams (sure, maybe CG's data guys think otherwise, but I figure it's worth considering). I remember gearing up and putting zetas on greef and mando just to squeak by in GCs. I've had no comparable inclination to zeta or gear up most inquisitors. Maybe that's because the game has changed and it's not the inquisitors' fault, but perhaps it's time to reconsider this approach a bit. GCs should appeal to more than the top of K1 who have nothing to whale on but inquisitors.

I need more coffee but I think that's the basic idea.
  • BowdieDulcano
    48 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

So when you look over the past 18 months there have been 4 occasions where we have had repetitive Galactic Challenges which has been driven by major releases.
    • Mandalorians (Jan/Feb-21) (Mando) 4 repetitions
    • Imperial Troopers (Feb/Mar-21) (Mando) 5 repetitions
    • Clones (May-21) (Bad Batch) 6 repetitions
    • Inquisitors (May-22 ongoing) (Kenobi) 11 repetitions
    I have defined a repetition as the player faction occurring within +/- 3 GCs
    That is twice as many repetitions and over the past 3 months.
    Pushing new factions/characters through GCs is absolutely fine and we as players get that. However this has gone far beyond this to flogging a dead horse, having Old Daka resurrect it so you can kill it and flog it some more.
    What we enjoy is some variety. Especially as players will be at different stages of development and Inquisitors are far more geared towards end game players than early-mid game.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

I like the ship ones because, simply enough, I like ships.

Of the non-ship ones, I like weirdly like the ones for larger factions (because I have so many characters to choose from) AND the ones for smaller factions (because they tend to be weird as hell--Jawas, Ewoks, Tuskens). What I don't like as much (but am still okay with) is when the faction has 7-10 characters, but the choice of which ones to use is immediately obvious, or the puzzle forces you into taking a specific 5.

I want reasons to work on all my characters. I said it in this thread or some other thread, but, to me, this is space pokemon and I want to have a reason to use, say, Bodhi Rook. I've had him for years now and not once have I had a reason to use him. Even with Rogue One getting a kicker with Admiral Raddus, he's still very likely to sit on the bench forever. It's not just him, there are a number of characters that are afterthoughts even with smaller factions and sub-factions. So when there's a GC for Rebels, just to use them as an example, the answer is almost immediately Lukehanchewie3p0chewpie0 and the rest can go to hell. Worst case scenario you finish the side feats with a second team. I suppose what I'm saying is that I don't like when the faction dictates the characters I use, unless--as with the case of niche factions like Ewoks, Jawas, Tuskens, etc--what's really being Challenged Galactically is whether or not someone bothers to diversify their roster in the first place.

Does that make sense? It's early jn the morning and I haven't had my tea yet 😝
    mikebtp wrote: »

I liked when it was random. However, we just refer to GC as Inquisitor Mode nowadays.
    It was never random. These are all created and planned from toe to tip in advance.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

NicWester wrote: »
    I like the ship ones because, simply enough, I like ships.

+1
    I find not having a counter almost phone throwingly frustrating.
    TriKnight wrote: »
    I like the ones in the future the best because they have a feat tracker. Eh?

Nothing is less fun then inflicting purge 57 times and killing Rex thinking you have 60.

I can't even count to 57, they don't land them THAT often. Pretty sure the feat tracker not getting added falls under the frustration spending category, except you can't even buy one.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.