Conquest Variety

Straegen
190 posts Member
edited August 9
Can CG please stop making Conquests with so many overlapping feats that require a handful of teams? The game is supposed to be fun... forcing players to use the same teams over and over in Conquest to complete feats is about as fun as a root canal.

Replies

  • LordDirt
    3543 posts Member
    Straegen wrote: »
    The game is supposed to be fun...

    You sure? I hate GA and moving crystals there sure isn't what I call fun.

    Forget the gear crunch, why can't we sim the Sith raid yet?
  • I_JnK_I
    233 posts Member
    Straegen wrote: »
    Can CG please stop making Conquests with so many overlapping feats that require a handful of teams? The game is supposed to be fun... forcing players to use the same teams over and over in Conquest to complete feats is about as fun as a root canal.

    IF you have more ideas for feats that are on topic and dont get cleared too easily, you may state them here ____
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Straegen wrote: »
    Can CG please stop making Conquests with so many overlapping feats that require a handful of teams? The game is supposed to be fun... forcing players to use the same teams over and over in Conquest to complete feats is about as fun as a root canal.

    IF you have more ideas for feats that are on topic and dont get cleared too easily, you may state them here ____

    I’m sure CG will get right on it with implementing our ideas within the next conquest. 🤣
  • Straegen wrote: »
    Can CG please stop making Conquests with so many overlapping feats that require a handful of teams? The game is supposed to be fun... forcing players to use the same teams over and over in Conquest to complete feats is about as fun as a root canal.

    Well I think this Conquest the bar's been raised a bit further.

    I do medium, because it's less grindy and actually enjoyable (for me).

    I've never seen so many feats (in medium revolve around 2 characters/teams. Apart from droids in sector 1, and of course the mandatory trashiquistors feat, it's all Rey/Kylo FO/Resistance.
  • Stamina is my main enemy - the feats themselves are easy BUT I’m draining my FO and Rey to near unplayable low stamina.
    dbvzx1d8nlzn.png
  • Straegen wrote: »
    Can CG please stop making Conquests with so many overlapping feats that require a handful of teams? The game is supposed to be fun... forcing players to use the same teams over and over in Conquest to complete feats is about as fun as a root canal.

    Well I think this Conquest the bar's been raised a bit further.

    I do medium, because it's less grindy and actually enjoyable (for me).

    I've never seen so many feats (in medium revolve around 2 characters/teams. Apart from droids in sector 1, and of course the mandatory trashiquistors feat, it's all Rey/Kylo FO/Resistance.

    The scion of jango conquests were similar, with Boba and Han together, bounty hunter wins, smuggler wins and maybe there was another double up feat?

    That one still wasn't as bad, as you can make a smuggler team without Han, and you can make a decent BH team without Boba. But for people with smaller rosters it was very similar levels of overlap and stamina drain as this.
  • Kripty
    199 posts Member
    So I don’t burn myself out, I go hard on 1 season and aim for 7 star unlock then next time just do what I can.. yeah sure I miss out on every second new character but I’m not getting myself worked up each time it’s on.



  • So far, for a fairly developed account on hard mode like mine, the infamous "40 battles with..." feats are far better than in previous Conquest, because GLs. This makes playing Conquest the way i like it: a thematic PvE event where you're driven to use some units more than others with unique boss battles (just did the "invicible Luke" one and it was quite fun, even if i had to try it thrice). In previous conquest, when the focus was on "non GL" units, it was difficult to use those units for your standard 3* progression and you had to find specific nodes to farm those "40 battles" feats, which was quite boring.
    Not saying the grind isn't still there and doesn't bug me anymore more, but I find it an improvement.
  • TVF
    32425 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    So far, for a fairly developed account on hard mode like mine, the infamous "40 battles with..." feats are far better than in previous Conquest, because GLs. This makes playing Conquest the way i like it: a thematic PvE event where you're driven to use some units more than others with unique boss battles (just did the "invicible Luke" one and it was quite fun, even if i had to try it thrice). In previous conquest, when the focus was on "non GL" units, it was difficult to use those units for your standard 3* progression and you had to find specific nodes to farm those "40 battles" feats, which was quite boring.
    Not saying the grind isn't still there and doesn't bug me anymore more, but I find it an improvement.

    200.gif
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    10039 posts Moderator
    Resistance is the toughest faction to win battles with since I don’t have WalletRey. JTR,3p0, R2, BB8 and VetHan is all I got at relic level. This squad can’t beat a thing in ChoreQuest to save its souls. I have found a way to get the injizitor purge feat done at least with Lord Failure lead a tank with 3 Injizitor’s. You gotta find a squad with no AOE or the Injizitor’s die fast. I was hoping to be finally done with that garbage trash faction but apparently $$CG$$ still hasn’t made there money back from that enormous flop in the toilet!!!

    wow
  • Ultra
    10039 posts Moderator
    what a post
  • Ultra
    10039 posts Moderator
    its like an AI generated this post using all the anti-swgoh buzzwords
  • I thought it was A+ work on creating a satirical forum post
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Straegen wrote: »
    Can CG please stop making Conquests with so many overlapping feats that require a handful of teams? The game is supposed to be fun... forcing players to use the same teams over and over in Conquest to complete feats is about as fun as a root canal.

    IF you have more ideas for feats that are on topic and dont get cleared too easily, you may state them here ____

    How about "Score a critical hit in a battle with 150 different characters"?
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Straegen wrote: »
    Can CG please stop making Conquests with so many overlapping feats that require a handful of teams? The game is supposed to be fun... forcing players to use the same teams over and over in Conquest to complete feats is about as fun as a root canal.

    IF you have more ideas for feats that are on topic and dont get cleared too easily, you may state them here ____

    How about "Score a critical hit in a battle with 150 different characters"?

    And that is on topic?
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Straegen wrote: »
    Can CG please stop making Conquests with so many overlapping feats that require a handful of teams? The game is supposed to be fun... forcing players to use the same teams over and over in Conquest to complete feats is about as fun as a root canal.

    IF you have more ideas for feats that are on topic and dont get cleared too easily, you may state them here ____

    How about "Score a critical hit in a battle with 150 different characters"?

    And that is on topic?

    I think you mean “on theme,” as in the feats should fit into the theme of the conquest. No judgement from me, I’m assuming English isn’t your first language so the nuance between a theme and a topic might not be there for you!

    That said, I think they could do some good thematic feats that benefit Resistance without making it impossible for non-Resistance teams. Something like “Inflict 500 Exposes” since Resistance can expose train like no other team—over the course of two weeks other teams should be able to get it done, but absolutely for sure a Resistance team could. Not sure about First Order—maybe something like “Gain advantage 500 times?”

    Personally, I like the feats we have for this one even though I know I won’t get them all. But I would also like to see broader, more faction-influenced feats instead of faction-contingent ones.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • At the least they have the nodes you can use to get datacron materials. As ridiculous as datacrons are, at the least there's an option we can use to get materials AND complete achievements for each sector. Granted, in a couple cases they can be overwhelming.

    As far as the 40 battles feats, there's still some wiggle room so if you can complete a few others you don't have to do both of those. There are extra banners over the 630 you need for the max crate. It can be tough, but they really are pushing resistance and unlocking GL Rey with the Ben Solo character.

    I'd be fine if they reduced the conquest rewards and took more of that overprepared stuff off and the mirror damage rubbish. (If MY galactic republic characters had the same mirror damage effect, then I'd be fine with it.)
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    At the least they have the nodes you can use to get datacron materials. As ridiculous as datacrons are, at the least there's an option we can use to get materials AND complete achievements for each sector.

    Yes, this is a great addition. (The extra node, not necessarily the datacrons).

    My resistance aren't great, nor is my silver fox Han. So the fact I can do these battles a couple of times a day in sector 1, get the feats done AND get rewards, is a fantastic addition.

  • I forgot to add, stop adding that STUPID LAZY garbage TM Loading to every team! My LV team gets to ultimate before my team even takes a turn on some nodes because your overprepared garbage on some nodes has 500% or more TM loading.

    It's dumb, lazy, and ridiculous. I shouldn't have to use GL's on every node because you can't come up with anything better than, "Let's have the defense take 14 turns before their team because that'll be fun and challenging!" Even still, some of my GL's are getting stomped on nodes in sector 5.

    Facing a grand inquisitor team in sector 5 and my JML, Rey, and LV teams were all demolished by that team. Why isn't the player version even half as good as that conquest GI team? You know, the team you pumped up and made such a big deal out of to motivate players to work on? Has its uses, but not anywhere near the level of ability you made us perceive it would have. Adding a team to conquest that can stomp out GL's easily is pretty offensive.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Straegen wrote: »
    Can CG please stop making Conquests with so many overlapping feats that require a handful of teams? The game is supposed to be fun... forcing players to use the same teams over and over in Conquest to complete feats is about as fun as a root canal.

    IF you have more ideas for feats that are on topic and dont get cleared too easily, you may state them here ____

    How about "Score a critical hit in a battle with 150 different characters"?

    And that is on topic?

    I think you mean “on theme,” as in the feats should fit into the theme of the conquest. No judgement from me, I’m assuming English isn’t your first language so the nuance between a theme and a topic might not be there for you!

    That said, I think they could do some good thematic feats that benefit Resistance without making it impossible for non-Resistance teams. Something like “Inflict 500 Exposes” since Resistance can expose train like no other team—over the course of two weeks other teams should be able to get it done, but absolutely for sure a Resistance team could. Not sure about First Order—maybe something like “Gain advantage 500 times?”

    Personally, I like the feats we have for this one even though I know I won’t get them all. But I would also like to see broader, more faction-influenced feats instead of faction-contingent ones.

    It is not indeed.

    Hasnt the advantage quest been there already? Like in a sector feat? I like the idea tho. Could ease up clearing more at a time.
    My idea is having a counter for assist calls. Although it would have to be a terribly high number
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    (If MY galactic republic characters had the same mirror damage effect, then I'd be fine with it.)

    Good news!
    eycrql5bendq.png
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Conquest feats aren’t meant to be fun.
    Now they are telling you exactly what characters and data disks to use so they might as well just play it for you.
  • Lumiya
    559 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    (If MY galactic republic characters had the same mirror damage effect, then I'd be fine with it.)

    Good news!
    eycrql5bendq.png

    Yeah for 150 crystals after you already have to spend them for refreshes... great!
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    (If MY galactic republic characters had the same mirror damage effect, then I'd be fine with it.)

    Good news!
    eycrql5bendq.png

    Yeah for 150 crystals after you already have to spend them for refreshes... great!

    Or when that same Padme team is in the 'challenge tier' 3 straight times.....
Sign In or Register to comment.