CG made an impossible Conquest!

Davie96
65 posts Member
edited August 2022
The way CG has done the global feats and sector feats seems impossible to achieve the red box this time around. So far, I have been able to get the red box in every single conquest to date. However, CG has really thrown a wrench at us this time around.

40 battles with Resistance (with GL Rey) isn't too bad. It's a grind, and a challenge to actually find battles they can win. But, it's doable with GL Rey.

40 battles with First Order (with SLKR) is also feasible. Again, it's a grind. Fine. That's the name of the game with conquest.

However, where CG really threw us for a loop is requiring 20 fights with Reys/Kylos and 20 further fights with Kylo Ren Unmasked and Vet Han surviving. There simply aren't enough viable FO/Res toons to make up teams to achieve all these feats.

I have tried using Finn lead Res, without Reys, and get stomped every time. I tried Hux lead FO without any Kylos, and it was the same thing. For reference, I have a 9.3M account, so I don't have a light roster.

Finding this conquest to be very deflating. After the datacron fiasco, really having a hard time to find the motivation to even log on to this garbage. And, we have LSTB going on! Lol.

Any suggestions on team comps/strategy would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Metasly
    280 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    All feats aren't strictly necessary : there are 35 points to spare (https://swgoh4.life/conquest/plan/) so you can skip some (like the 5 Rey + Kylo one)
  • CaesarAM
    250 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Use stim packs. The feats seem designed to force those. Maybe people were not using them enough for their liking. But they are relatively cheap. Make ample use of them. I hate a lot of the changes that were made to conquest after its first iteration, but one one positive thing they did do was up the token rewards so you have plenty to buy consumables while also affording all four new character shard purchases.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    You don't need all feats to red crate; also, you only need 20 of the five Reylos, so you could do those at the end after you've done the other things. A quota of 4-5 a day for each one will give you enough time (though we're two days in now).
  • Yeah, but you're describing 'work arounds'. It's an extremely 'tilted' Conquest. And considering the feedback of how 'tilted' late spring/summer inquisitors is/was................tha'ts really annoying/frustrating.

Feedback just seems to be fuel to feed the burners below CG's kingdom.

You here stuff about the upper brass of CG taking critical feedback badly, and stuff like this just adds foundations.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Deciding which feats to skip has always been part of Conquest. This isn't anything new.

At least by now you've had time to grind out a decent Inquisitor team for the Inq/Purge feats, for which reason I'd say this run is actually slightly easier than the Malgus batch.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Davie96 wrote: »
    The way CG has done the global feats and sector feats seems impossible to achieve the red box this time around. So far, I have been able to get the red box in every single conquest to date. However, CG has really thrown a wrench at us this time around.

40 battles with Resistance (with GL Rey) isn't too bad. It's a grind, and a challenge to actually find battles they can win. But, it's doable with GL Rey.

40 battles with First Order (with SLKR) is also feasible. Again, it's a grind. Fine. That's the name of the game with conquest.

However, where CG really threw us for a loop is requiring 20 fights with Reys/Kylos and 20 further fights with Kylo Ren Unmasked and Vet Han surviving. There simply aren't enough viable FO/Res toons to make up teams to achieve all these feats.

I have tried using Finn lead Res, without Reys, and get stomped every time. I tried Hux lead FO without any Kylos, and it was the same thing. For reference, I have a 9.3M account, so I don't have a light roster.

Finding this conquest to be very deflating. After the datacron fiasco, really having a hard time to find the motivation to even log on to this garbage. And, we have LSTB going on! Lol.

Any suggestions on team comps/strategy would be greatly appreciated.

If you get lucky, you can pick up deadly catalyst from a node with datadiscs, then you wont have to do KRU+ Vet Han feat for the disc
  • LordDirt
    4986 posts Member
    Im through sector 3 and halfway through 4. Seems easy enough.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • It's a strategic problem not a tactical one.

You really can't work on the Reylo feat in parallel with the Resistance and First Order feats so what is the logical alternative? Then figure out where you can fit in KRU-Han.

It is not impossible to complete all four feats provided you have both GLs.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    What I'm doing is running slkr, hux, fost, foo, sith trooper for the first order feat so I can run kru and Vet han with another gl to get that feat done. Rey with resistance is easy enough with no overlap in stamina usage. This way I'll complete those feats pretty early then focus on the rey/kylo mix feat if I even need it.
  • Saada wrote: »
    What I'm doing is running slkr, hux, fost, foo, sith trooper for the first order feat so I can run kru and Vet han with another gl to get that feat done. Rey with resistance is easy enough with no overlap in stamina usage. This way I'll complete those feats pretty early then focus on the rey/kylo mix feat if I even need it.

This... I'm doing it in a similar way. I run my SLKR-team with OG Kylo as well since there is a feat where those two need to kill 100 enemies, but other than that, I also run a SLKR-team, a KRU-team with Vet Han, and two Rey teams - JTR with bros and BB8 and Rey with crap.

So far I've had A LOT of battles completed at only 1 or 2 stars, which will force me to revisit them later. But that's fine. With the data disks I have, I have both CLS-rebels and a Dash/Bando/Kuill/IG11/Nest team for nuking 3 stars out of almost anything.

• IronRanger
    202 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    I've found that JML, Wat with another jedi and Kru + Vet Han works well. Use the Tuskens node on the DC Farm node to avoid any major AOE damage and once Kru loses his first taunt, it will be JML sinking all the hits. Bring in Hoda or Shaak for regen and there is your Kru/Vet Han farm without using any other FO/Res. It's not all that much different than the big SE and Sion/DN energy sink the last conquest was.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    IronRanger wrote: »
    I've found that JML, Wat with another jedi and Kru + Vet Han works well. Use the Tuskens node on the DC Farm node to avoid any major AOE damage and once Kru loses his first taunt, it will be JML sinking all the hits. Bring in Hoda or Shaak for regen and there is your Kru/Vet Han farm without using any other FO/Res. It's not all that much different than the big SE and Sion/DN energy sink the last conquest was.

If you have Voluntary Vanguard you don't even need Wat.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You don't need Wat, a GL or a Voluntary Vanguard disk.
  • It’s day 7 today and I’ll finish Global Resistance feat
    FO Global will take today and tomorrow…
    I think it’s pretty critical to get quickly to Sector 5 so you can also get the Inspiration and FO feat done.

This will leave 6 days to do the Force Dyad feat and cleanup a few 1/3 and 2/3 nodes.

I’d say the red crate needs
    1) SLKR **or** Relic KRU team & Relic Inquis team
    PLUS
    2) GL Rey **or** Relic JTR team & Relic Inquis team

If you have SLKR and Rey you don’t need Inquis but it helps. If you are missing SLKR or Rey you still have to have a Relic FO or Resistance team & likely MUST have Inquis.
  • LordDirt
    4986 posts Member
    Almost done with this conquest, easiest one yet. Dont know how anyone would say it is impossible.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • KarateApina
    126 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Definately not impossible. Just need careful planning to get enough feats done.

I dont have Rey, so I have to skip 40x res feat. Other resistance feats are doable with what I have.

Luckily I rushed for the "useless" inquisitors. :wink:

Horrible time sink tho.
  • I dont have slkr, so gold chest is fine for me, and I will have a reliced FO team before next one started.
  • LordDirt
    4986 posts Member
    Done with the impossible conquest
    jkqjo5vs2pai.png
  • Axis
    78 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    jkqjo5vs2pai.png

How many refreshes are you buying to finish so quickly?
  • LordDirt
    4986 posts Member
    Some days I go to 100 crystals. Next two I will take it easy as I know how easy this conquest was. Easiest one yet, opposite of impossible.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I've only been doing 50s and have stopped refreshing several days earlier than previous recent runs. Very easy conquest provided you have SLKR and Rey.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Just one 15 point Global feat left to do for Red Crate
    This is with 50 Crystal refresh x3 each day.
    So 100% doable with x2 Crystal refreshes/day if you have SLKR and Rey.

bill6x4sotda.png
  • Done.
    Did 3x50 + 1x100 for the first 7 days.

No Rey. Fastest red crate for me.
  • StarSon
    7430 posts Member
    Done.
    Did 3x50 + 1x100 for the first 7 days.

No Rey. Fastest red crate for me.

Always impressed to see stuff like this. I've been doing 3x50 (and I think 3100s) and still need about 150 keycards.
  • EdSolo
    411 posts Member
    I would say this conquest is easier but heavy on resource management. The above stated team for Kylo/Han with Wat and JML is the way to go. You can run down to the 50% level stamina level, especially with a good enemy team and using JKLS as a lead.

The Kylo/Rey one isn't bad and can be used throughout conquest with SLKR lead. I still need 4 more of those to finish.

I'm at 512 keycards currently with 3 refreshes a day. Need 7 more no attacker wins in sector 2. 22 FO kills and 21 blinds in sector 5. 22 FO and 18 Resistance wins for global. 25 battles keycards and 13 boss keycards for cleanup. That gets me to exactly 630.

Once I get the Kylo/Rey feat done, then I may need to use some stamina packs. I figure for Resistance I used GL Rey with really any other resistance and then JRT, BB, bros, +1 for a second team. For FO, SLKR + any 4 and Hux lead with KRU, Sith Trooper, FOX, +1. Just run these in sector 1 and not care about anything but just winning.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    LordDirt wrote: »
    jkqjo5vs2pai.png

4ts9beopcrk8.jpeg
  • I don't have SLKR but I'm pretty confident I can get the red box (most FO are reliced). 3 Reys and 2 Kylos got me the Dyad feat. Hux without either Kylo can beat the bonus nodes with BH, NS and Tusken. The only global feats I'll likely miss out on are the 100 kills with SLKR or OG Kylo and the associated War of Attrition disk feat, but I did the math and it should still work out if I can get 2 Inquisitor feats.

PS: Another viable team for Vet Han + KRU is SEE, Wat +1. Either put tank tech on KRU or add a second tank like SET.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    tiv5rqp3lymv.jpg
    3r6eanpp9dwh.jpg
  • Even without Rey, I have the OG Resistance JTR team from the pre-GL Sith Raid days. That team can take out many teams in Sector 1 to earn you the 40 wins. 50 kills is just as easy, same team but timeout the battles.

I usually do the following:

Daily energy + 2x 50 refreshes to advance through the sectors, making sure I do 1-2 of the 20-win feats during those battles, then the last 50 refresh is used for global feats. 3x each of the 40 wins ones.

I'm usually done the table in 6-ish days, giving plenty of time to go back for repeatable, or timeout feats. Always choose the vendors with Tether Tech or Frenzy Tech over the others. They allow you to cheese many of the debuff/kill feats with lower gear teams using the Timeout method.