New Characters

What new character do you want to see? Which new ones do you think will come with the update? Personally I would like to see Ki-Adi-Mundi, The Apprentice, Obi Wan Kenobi, Rebel Han Solo, Jodi Luke Skywalker, and Senator Palpatine.

Replies

• Was just saying on another thread like this:

Characters that are women (or femininely gendered non-humans) with actual names and personalities. Currently, I don't know of any named women who aren't Leia, Rey, a Jedi, or a Nightsister. That's pretty pathetic.

Mara Jade wouldn't be a good token gesture, but we'll need much more than that. Just look at the gender ratios of the teams at the top of Arena play. You see Lumi and Barriss all the time, but often they are they only femininely gendered character on their squad. After Lumi & Barriss, others like Rey & Ventress & Talia get even less love. Leia is almost never seen in the high ranks of Arena play.

Looking at that, the best characters have more species diversity than gender diversity. Should be fixed.
  • OTBCreator
    70 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Leia isn't seen to much but I see ray very often in arena and she wrecks my team. She is way powerful along with Luminara. Plus with only 5 available units, all teams will consist of either 3 men and 2 women or vice versa. I have seen teams with no gender at all except with poogle as leader for Droid battles. Most importantly, however. Is Captain Phasma who is in fact a woman and also a very valued member of many pvp teams
  • I forgot about Phasma.

I'm not saying that there are no women, but seriously, do you not see the disparity in characters available?

And I'm not criticizing individual players for having more of one gender than another, and I don't want the number of men characters reduced. I just want more women characters to pick from than we have.

Rey and Leia, for example, are in fact very good characters ...but they are also very difficult to farm. P2P might get them, but they aren't available to me as a level 51 F2P player. I have one hard node to unlock Rey, which would take, on average, 240 tries over 80 days to do with just that one node. When you already have a JC that you can only promote with hard modes (and thus the same energy) and that you can put a bit of effort into to get one more star without committing to 80 day of effort in a row, you kind of have to put that energy into JC and similar characters.

Leia is available only from Data cards.

Phasma is very farmable in GW, but GW is also the only place to get Lumi, and you really have to get the healer first. I'll get Phasma after I 4* my 3* Nightsister Initiate and 5* my 4* Lumi. It will take another week before I can start gathering Phasma, then almost another week to get her.

So right now, I've got Nightsisters, Ahsoka (the guaranteed character on your first chromium was Ahsoka for me, otherwise it would have been forever before I could have farmed her) and Lumi and that's it. Whereas without even trying I had Chewbacca and Poe. Darth Sidius I got after I farmed Ventress from the Arena and Old Ben I worked hard for in the Cantina battles because there was no other Jedi anywhere near farmable for me at that point and I wanted to have a 5 jedi team to try for yoda.

There's a Vader that everyone who plays the game is going to get eventually.

And even more than that, though I **have** women characters, I'm literally grabbing every single one I can farm. If I wanted masculinely-gendered characters, I have ***lots*** of options.

Where is the woman tank with taunt? Every team has to have taunt, but you can't get a named woman character with taunt. You can't even get an unnamed woman character with taunt. It's a basic ability that hard to do without, but you literally can't get it from any femininely gendered character in the game.

While Rey is completely bad-****, she's completely not farmable, while masculine glass-canons like Luke Skywalker and Sidius are easily farmable.

At my level and with my advancement, I have lots of choices for men to farm: I could get Lando (and I want to), Finn, Biggs, and Luke from Cantina Battles. Eeth Koth and Stormtrooper Han from Arena Shipments. Savage Opress is an alien and you never know what sex they are, but he's portrayed as masculine, using masculine pronouns in the tv shows. Sid is in Arena Shipments (though I already have him). How many women in arena shipments? None. You've got the kinda-sort-counts Ventress, but (like Savage Opress), she's an alien and you don't really know how their genders related to human genders.

And the sexism doesn't end there: You've got women healers all over the place, but where are the men healers? As far as I know, there isn't a single one. How could that possibly not be sexist thinking creeping its way into game design?

I am not asking for EA to change characters that people already like to give Kylo Ren a nice AoE heal.

We're asking for new characters and identifying where variety is lacking.

Clearly gender variety is lacking, and I'd like to have a woman glass canon I can farm. I'd like a woman with taunt in the game. I'd like to be able to put an entire 5-toon squad together that's all women. You can do that with 5 men, but there aren't even 5 women in the whole game. That requires not only more women characters, but women characters that fill all the functional roles on a squad AND at least one woman that fulfills each role has to be farmable by the time you hit level 40-45 or so.

Not that I don't give the Nightsisters the love that they are due, but they aren't women any more than Chewbacca is a man.

As long as we're asking for new characters, giving us some more options for women characters is a good thing and badly needed.

And though I think that they've got the other roles covered, the men need a healer, too.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    I want to see more Jedi from the clone wars series, like Ki-Adi Mundi, Shaak Ti, Adi Galia, Quinlan Vos, Even Piell, Cin Drallig, Jocasta Nu ect. :)
  • I would love to see Padmé Amidala! I also think it would be cool if droids were added. Nien Nunb, Maz Kanata, Jessika Pava, and Wedge Antilles would also be really really cool. Also, will we be getting a luke and rey who use lightsabers?
  • Master, Jedi Consular is the first healer you get. And first character.

I'm hoping for jedi Rey and jedi Luke too!

• Master, Jedi Consular is the first healer you get. And first character.

Okay, while I deserve that, I think that I was focussed so hard on named characters vs. anonymous/generic hangers-on that I overlooked him when I shouldn't. You're right, though, and that part of my criticism was just wrong.
  • I want Gungans like Jar Jar Binks, Captain Tarpals, and Boss Nass. Also the changling bounty hunter in episode 2.
  • @MasterSeedy things get better as you progress, the ratio of Male to Female seems tobe the same as the movies, if not better ... The character list will grow just not all of a sudden, from my research the characters n animations are out sourced from other companies ( same ppl that did TFU games ) which I feel is a good thing... Guild battles should bring some new characters hopefully...!
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • It would be a pleasure to be Jabba the hutt playable. Imagined like this:

Jabba_the_Hutt.png

His character takes two char. slots.
    Slow as a snail... but has a ton of health.

Abilities:

Taunt ( that little guy comes up under his fat, and start laughing )
    Oh Shooda ( Buffs entire team with +60% offense up )
    Trap door to the Rancor ( a trap hole opens under the target, 70% to die, 30% to survive with 5% health )

• Padme Mara jade and starkiller pilot they just need more female characters like the ones maybe aura sing
  • It would be a pleasure to be Jabba the hutt playable. Imagined like this:

Jabba_the_Hutt.png

His character takes two char. slots.
    Slow as a snail... but has a ton of health.

Abilities:

Taunt ( that little guy comes up under his fat, and start laughing )
    Oh Shooda ( Buffs entire team with +60% offense up )
    Trap door to the Rancor ( a trap hole opens under the target, 70% to die, 30% to survive with 5% health )

O my god yes hahaha
    I just really think the Apprentice would be an incredible character addition
  • Rie_Fu
    33 posts Member
    Was just saying on another thread like this:

Characters that are women (or femininely gendered non-humans) with actual names and personalities. Currently, I don't know of any named women who aren't Leia, Rey, a Jedi, or a Nightsister. That's pretty pathetic.

Mara Jade wouldn't be a good token gesture, but we'll need much more than that. Just look at the gender ratios of the teams at the top of Arena play. You see Lumi and Barriss all the time, but often they are they only femininely gendered character on their squad. After Lumi & Barriss, others like Rey & Ventress & Talia get even less love. Leia is almost never seen in the high ranks of Arena play.

Looking at that, the best characters have more species diversity than gender diversity. Should be fixed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/280652#Comment_280652
  • More Jawa characters. With just the two their synergies are useless.
  • Check out swgoh.gg . It has the data of unobtainable characters there including kimadi mundi,even piell, and more. It also has tons of guides
  • Bossk, Dengar, Zuckus, and 4-Lom

Light side could use some droids. Maybe R2 and Chopper.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm going to rattle of 1 dark side, 1 light side and a random from each movie/universe

EP 1 - Droidekas, Jar Jar Binks (mostly cuz I want to kill him), Pit Droids
    EP 2 - Jango Fett, Padme, Dexter Jetstter
    EP 3 - General Kenobi, R2D2, Techno Union Dude
    EP 4 - Han Solo, Death Star gunner, Wedge Antilles
    EP 5 - Medical droid, X-wing Luke, Admiral Piett, Boskk
    EP 6 - Jabba the Hut, Jedi Luke, the Emperor
    EP 7 - General Hux, Jedi Master Luke, BB8
    Expanded Universe - Grand Admiral Thrawn, Prince Xizor
  • <blockquote>Light side could use some droids. Maybe R2 and Chopper.</blockquote>

Who is Chopper?
  • Is Chopper from Go-Bots?
  • He's from the rebels tv series
  • For females I vote Sabine Wren and Latts Razzi
  • Tbh I'd rather they actually sorted out the characters they already have in the game, that are completely useless, first;

Plo Koon, Mace, Fisto, Anakin, Datcha, grand Moffat tarkin, cad bane, kylo, Finn, maul, bobba fett... The list is so long

For new characters

Embo
    Shaak Ti
    General kenobi
  • Tbh I'd rather they actually sorted out the characters they already have in the game, that are completely useless, first;

Plo Koon, Mace, Fisto, Anakin, Datcha, grand Moffat tarkin, cad bane, kylo, Finn, maul, bobba fett... The list is so long

For new characters

Embo
    Shaak Ti
    General kenobi

What do you mean sort out?
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Give a better skill set that makes them simultaneously
    1. non-useless
    2. not over-powered
    3. consistent with their personalities, at a bare minimum with the personality as described in this game, but even better if it were consistent with the lore of the character in the SW universe.

Mace Windu is not a terrifying attacker that you must remove first. Nor does he serve as a tank. The New Mace Windu VOTE thread is a good example of ideas that would make him into someone you can't ignore without giving him taunt, ideas that would translate the personality of the character into something that can be felt by the player.

Likewise, Ahsoka Tano is described in this game as a risky attacker.

But what does she risk when she attacks? She actually heals when she attacks. Attacking is the least-risky thing she does. Now, if she got to keep her speed and health even when critically hit, then the risk would not come when she's just standing there. AND THEN...if you gave her an "anti-counter attack" weakness, which I've been calling "unbalanced attacker" that adds to the chance that someone will counter-attack if she attacks that toon, THEN actually attacking is what's risky.

It's like CG didn't even think about what they were writing. She's a risky toon for the player to put into a squad b/c her utility is highly subject to RNG. ...but she's not a risky attacker.

EA/CG could have made the risk one that increases with her attacks, but they didn't. It's just bad game design. You don't even have to change the toon or her abilities if you rewrite her description "Ahsoka Tano is always on the move. She is in constant danger when still, and feel safest on the attack," then people would read the description, look at the skill set, and say, "Yeah, that fits. I get this character."

But you can't "get" Ahsoka as written because the character as written doesn't make sense.

If you just did those 3 things with each character, things would be a lot better.

........though it might also be nice to give a little bit more thought to how one power in a skill set relates to another power. Plo Koon's powers to buff Clones and then to remove stealth

(...are the clones constantly fighting stealth enemies? No? What do the two powers have to do with each other? Nothing? Oh, right.)

leave me baffled. Why do these powers exist together in the same character? Is there any reason at all?

But fix the first 3 things first. There are too many under-powered toons, There aren't very many over-powered, but I put that in there just to remind you that I'm not a munchkin screaming for new powers for my favorite toon.

I think the work you put into the re-balance is good, and I'm still waiting to see how it all plays out, but there really are some pretty useless toons out there (remove all debuffs on a finishing blow? Really? When Akbar removes all debuffs and gives you a heal at the same time, 100% of the time? color me unimpressed).

So put some work into them, especially the ones that people really want to use - like Mace. And make sure the characterization is something that you'll actually feel when playing the toon. Random powers aren't good enough.
  • Zee
    119 posts Member
    Mandolorian, Karkarodon & light side droids!!!
  • they should add members of deathwatch and more bounty hunters/scounderals to the game
  • OTBCreator wrote: »
    Tbh I'd rather they actually sorted out the characters they already have in the game, that are completely useless, first;

For new characters

Embo
    Shaak Ti
    General kenobi

What do you mean sort out?

Make them viable to actually use.
    For instance plo koon needs a massive rework as he has no place in any team in this game - he isn't a tank, he isn't and attacker and he doesn't really support anyone.
    Same can be said about mace.
    Anakin is an attacker that has such an underwhelming ability to attack it has become irritating if you own him....I could go on.

A lot of the characters don't need a massive rework - just a look at how they play and a tweak here and there to make them at least useful for teams...and whatever happens no one should be nerfed!!

I'm talking tweaks increasing attack power for attackers that barely scratch people with their attacks, maybe a look at potency for others who are all about debuffing. Maybe an added passive ability for others to make them play like their class would dictate they should (example mace has 70% chance to counter whenever another one of his team is attacked - would force you to focus him more as a tank)

I'm glad teams are bocoming more diverse but there are still so many toons that no one will bother to use for a good reason
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    I want more characters pleaseeeee :'(