Profundity release

Prev13
JBlah_Gaming
posts Member
edited August 2022
Hey Devs, any insight as to when Profundity will appear in the Journey Guide?

Replies

• Shhhh wait until we've got AdRad to 7*
  • Shhhh wait until we've got AdRad to 7*

*whispers* no wait until he's r9 to say soemthing
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Radfish
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    *whispers* no wait until he's r9 to say something

I've got enough gear stockpiled to take several units to R9, but would prefer to spend my 27k crystals on event refreshes to get the Profundity to 7* rather than AdRad to 7* by purchasing his shards in shipments.
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    *whispers* no wait until he's r9 to say something

I've got enough gear stockpiled to take several units to R9, but would prefer to spend my 27k crystals on event refreshes to get the Profundity to 7* rather than AdRad to 7* by purchasing his shards in shipments.
    So we can look forward to your outraged posts when Raddus release is announced at short notice and you don't have time to finish starring him up. ;)
  • Welp. I made the minor mistake of thinking you needed Kyle Katarn and the Drinky Crow for Profundity so now I’m a bit behind—but on the plus side I was able to use the crystals I’d been setting aside for Drinky Crow on more Raddus shards.

Not the end of the world, I know I wouldn’t have Raddus finished in time anyway, and Kyle’s a really good character with a really good ship. In the long run it’s fine—I just wish I’d paid more attention is all!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I'd rather wait an extra month than spend 80c/shard out of fear/unnecessarily.
  • I'd rather wait an extra month than spend 80c/shard out of fear/unnecessarily.
    Fair enough. Nothing wrong with a strategic choice so long as you can mitigate or accept the risks. :)
  • Release the kit!
  • My guess is we'll get the kit this week... along with a notice that the event opens in a couple of days.
  • Re

start the clock!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Re

start the clock!
    Started!

v6gj27r59f91.jpeg
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    I'd rather wait an extra month than spend 80c/shard out of fear/unnecessarily.

Starting the event a month early will save you a 1000 crystals refresh. So depending on how much you buy with crystals, those 80/shard could be a good investment.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Starting the event a month early will save you a 1000 crystals refresh. So depending on how much you buy with crystals, those 80/shard could be a good investment.

If you're just now getting to 5*, as I am refreshing the node twice a day (25/50c refreshes), then buying the remaining shards from shipments would cost nearly 14,800c, compared to 7,400c if you kept refreshing 2x a day (assuming the average 40c/shard average previously found is accurate for 12 energy nodes). Getting approximately 5 shards a day (the average is 4.85 with a .33 drop rate) you should get 150 shards in 30 days. So assuming the event doesn't start TOMORROW, I should be able to finish him within a month + a few days, and waiting that extra month will save me 6,400c I can use towards refreshing the event to get 7* ASAP.

Math and delayed gratification are important for F2P.

Holding off a month on the new shiny thing will mean I get the new shiny thing to 7* much much sooner. Also there's the chance that they don't release it for another month, in which case farming him from the node is just money in the bank.

FOMO is how they get you.

If you're just now getting to 5*, as I am refreshing the node twice a day (25/50c refreshes), then buying the remaining shards from shipments would cost nearly 14,800c, compared to 7,400c if you kept refreshing 2x a day (assuming the average 40c/shard average previously found is accurate for 12 energy nodes). Getting approximately 5 shards a day (the average is 4.85 with a .33 drop rate) you should get 150 shards in 30 days. So assuming the event doesn't start TOMORROW, I should be able to finish him within a month + a few days, and waiting that extra month will save me 6,400c I can use towards refreshing the event to get 7* ASAP.

Holding off a month on the new shiny thing will mean I get the new shiny thing to 7* much much sooner. Also there's the chance that they don't release it for another month, in which case farming him from the node is just money in the bank.

How many extra crystals would you win in GAC with 2 GL ships? How many will you lose without it?

Will you not be able to climb in fleet arena? Will you need additional refreshes?

You need to factor opportunity cost as well.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited August 2022

How many extra crystals would you win in GAC with 2 GL ships? How many will you lose without it?

Will you not be able to climb in fleet arena? Will you need additional refreshes?

1. Unless you drop down/go up a GAC division (I'm solidly in the middle of K2 and comfortable there since I refuse to spend crystals etc on dataCONs - any climbing to K1 will result in a string of losses and demotion when I face whales with sets of lvl9 dataCONs on R8+ squads), 'win/lose more GAC matches' is almost impossible in any time span past the immediacy unless you're outspending each and every opponent up to the top of K1, else you will always stabilize around 50/50 win rate. Telling yourself or others otherwise is gaslighting and falling for the spending traps that fill CG's coffers.

2-3. As I said, I'm F2P, and have 28k crystals banked, 1k more than needed to 7* Profundity day 1 (assuming it's release mirrors Exec). If I burn more than half of that on just AdRad shards, I will only be able to 5* Profundity on release, and will be stuck at 5* for months. As good as I'm sure it will be, I doubt it will climb better in FA at 5* in a field of 7* Execs with maxed and 6 dot mod crew.

• How many extra crystals would you win in GAC with 2 GL ships? How many will you lose without it?

1. Unless you drop down/go up a GAC division (I'm solidly in the middle of K2 and comfortable there since I refuse to spend crystals etc on dataCONs - any climbing to K1 will result in a string of losses and demotion when I face whales with sets of lvl9 dataCONs on R8+ squads), 'win/lose more GAC matches' is almost impossible in any time span past the immediacy unless you're outspending each and every opponent up to the top of K1, else you will always stabilize around 50/50 win rate. Telling yourself or others otherwise is gaslighting and falling for the spending traps that fill CG's coffers.

2-3. As I said, I'm F2P, and have 28k crystals banked, 1k more than needed to 7* Profundity day 1 (assuming it's release mirrors Exec). If I burn more than half of that on just AdRad shards, I will only be able to 5* Profundity on release, and will be stuck at 5* for months. As good as I'm sure it will be, I doubt it will climb better in FA at 5* in a field of 7* Execs with maxed and 6 dot mod crew.

As i said. ‘depending on how much you buy with crystals’. Considering buying a shard cost 40 crystals more than farming with 2 refreshes (I trust your math, thank you for that), if you need to panic buy less than 25 shards (spending 2000 crystals) to so the event, it will be worth it, even without factoring the possible side effect of having a Profundity 1 month sooner.
    However, i disagree with the ‘climbing in k1 will result in a string of losses’ statement. If you manage to get up there, there is no reason why you won’t be able to fight for your spot there. The battles are fierce though, as there is a real (even if small) difference of rewards (as a guy currently going up and down k1/k2, i should know ;) )

You don’t gain anything in GAC unless it helps you move up a division. Otherwise, it just change where you stabilize for 50% win rate.

I agree with @WookieWookie that we f2p need manage crystals well. Getting profundity unlocked soon is important as it helps your guild with TW fleet defense, and it can help GAC too. I would even withhold the rush to go for 7* immediately. For executor, I kept it at 6* once I figured out a near 100% win rate mirror for fleet arena climb. I used the next 10 months to get 10 shards free each month. I just got it 7 stars like last month. That’s like free 10k crystals for the patience.
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

You don’t gain anything in GAC unless it helps you move up a division. Otherwise, it just change where you stabilize for 50% win rate.

I agree with @WookieWookie that we f2p need manage crystals well. Getting profundity unlocked soon is important as it helps your guild with TW fleet defense, and it can help GAC too. I would even withhold the rush to go for 7* immediately. For executor, I kept it at 6* once I figured out a near 100% win rate mirror for fleet arena climb. I used the next 10 months to get 10 shards free each month. I just got it 7 stars like last month. That’s like free 10k crystals for the patience.

If you start losing every match due to opponents having Profundity, it absolutely affects you.
  • And of course every match you win comes with a nice crystal reward :)

• If you start losing every match due to opponents having Profundity, it absolutely affects you.

That won’t happen. It didn’t happen with executor. If you were losing more, you would simply start facing worse players that don’t even know how to play an extra fleet well. 😂 and even they do, likely their ground games suck by then so you can just cheese fleet and win ground.

• What the heck, why not just wait until every player has all the resources, characters, and ship requirements met to start the event?
  • Its surely due anytime now..
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    Per September schedule it shows Fleet Mastery Raddus x2 9/11 and 9/30
  • MoBlaq wrote: »

That’s Raddus, the name of the Resistance flagship. The flagship that will require Admiral Raddus, the squad character, is Profundity. I can see where the confusion is coming from, and I do that all the time so I’m not going to say a **** thing against you and hope no one else will, either.

But the events running on 11 and 30 September are for a totally different ship.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    MoBlaq wrote: »

That’s Raddus, the name of the Resistance flagship.

Oh OK, cool. I was getting a little FOMO with my 5* Admiral Raddus and 5* Outrider
  • Everyone is free to build their rosters however they want, but I don't see the point of people rushing to unlock Profundity day 1 as f2p by dropping crazy amounts of crystals. People are dropping like 20-30k crystals just to get everything ready, but for what? Just to get a couple hundreds of crystals more from GAC and/or Fleet Arena? The crystals you pay to be ready day 1 are much more than the crystals you'd lose by not having it day 1. Like, if you don't have it immediately, you might drop a bit in GAC and earn let's say 30 less average crystals per day over a full gac event. But it makes much more sense from an efficiency standpoint to sacrifice those 30 crystals per day than to spend 30k to have the ship ready day 1. 30k is way more than what you would lose by dropping in GAC rank. Even if your fleet arena rank suffers a bit from not having the new ship, it will still not be enough of a loss to justify the spending of 30k crystals. The only exception is perhaps if you are in THAT one crazy fleet shard. And one Profundity more is not gonna matter in TW the way the matchmaking is at the moment anyway. For whales it's totally fine to rush it of course since they buy the crystals anyway and don't really care for that kind of efficiency, but I don't understand why any f2p player would do that, regardless of whether they have a lot of crystals saved up or not. In 99% of the scenarios you're not gonna make profit from that investment. Just wait a bit and then get it for like a small fraction of the cost.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    I don't see the point of people rushing to unlock Profundity day 1 as f2p by dropping crazy amounts of crystals.

Summer holidays. I had a crystal stash, free time and a few cocktails.