Replies

• Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    dgree wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If they don't do this update, I don't see myself putting the immense investment into profundity.

So you won't gear 3 R5, 1 R7, 1 R8 and 1 R9 in 6 days because of the 60 carbonites you'd have to pay extra ?

Idk. We'll see. This isn't portrayed as some earthshattering meta-shift. We'll see the kit and hopefully some gameplay, and then can make a decision about whether there's a rush to get it ASAP. CCBs and Bronzium Wiring are some of the main bottlenecks in the game (I farm bronzium wiring every day! It's not enough!)

That’s probably why I don’t understand your situation. I only took into account ccbs, because i never farmed bronziums. You should have tons of relic’d characters to be there.

zwtme0xoct37.png

Post edited by Starslayer on
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Game say on a few days, not like as example the forgotten gear economy changes from CG, that's almost on the anniversary and also unapplied.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    If they don't do this update, I don't see myself putting the immense investment into profundity.

So you won't gear 3 R5, 1 R7, 1 R8 and 1 R9 in 6 days because of the 60 carbonites you'd have to pay extra ?

Idk. We'll see. This isn't portrayed as some earthshattering meta-shift. We'll see the kit and hopefully some gameplay, and then can make a decision about whether there's a rush to get it ASAP. CCBs and Bronzium Wiring are some of the main bottlenecks in the game (I farm bronzium wiring every day! It's not enough!)

That’s probably why I don’t understand your situation. I only took into account ccbs, because i never farmed bronziums. You should have tons of relic’d characters to be there.

zwtme0xoct37.png

This isn't that much. One r7 alone is 220, so this is enough for 3 characters and the gear scavenge mats you're showing have a low conversion. There's a reason why CG is lowering the bronzium cost of high relic levels, and it's because it reduces incentive to power up characters more and gets in the way more more investment (so it's probably not great for either players or CG).

It's not about the amount of reliced characters someone already has, but the rate of relicing characters relative to income.
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
  • Options

zwtme0xoct37.png

This isn't that much. One r7 alone is 220, so this is enough for 3 characters and the gear scavenge mats you're showing have a low conversion. There's a reason why CG is lowering the bronzium cost of high relic levels, and it's because it reduces incentive to power up characters more and gets in the way more more investment (so it's probably not great for either players or CG).

It's not about the amount of reliced characters someone already has, but the rate of relicing characters relative to income.
    Rkelly wrote: »
    Tbh, one main gripe: WHY IS IT A 1-DAY RELEASE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK? Why not on the weekend?

Middle of the week works just fine in my opinion. I do most of my playing while I'm procrastinating at work, or while I'm pooping. Both of which I do in the middle of the week.
    Corporate analysts have referred to this phenomenon as "quiet ****", and it's one of the new ways that millennial employees are wrecking national productivity and the economy.

My pace of relic is pretty high for a f2p, and I have the same situation. I never need farm bronzium material and my inventory is actually going up. down. My bottleneck is now Gryda Pad. I have more R8/R9 material than what I can farm Gryda Pad now.
    7ah83d8s1vlh.png
    jnnm77epl6gb.png

• StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

zwtme0xoct37.png

Yeah but you're ignoring the left side of that screen. So sure, they can only r7 3 characters with what they already have converted, but there's enough gear to convert for a couple dozen r7's. And the real point was that they never farmed those pieces for relics, and the left side of the screen shows that there is no need for them to do so. I'm in the same boat, but it's because I'm a launch player and have so much gear for the first 3 sets of relics that it doesn't really matter.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

zwtme0xoct37.png

You are right to some dgree. As Sloweagle and Starson explained, I'm not alone in this situation. Other players who unlocked every character available still haven't depleted their bronzium stash.

However, I don't deny the bronzium shortage is a problem for players like you and others who put far higher relics on their characters as we did. Now that R5 is a prerequisite to enjoy dtc goodness, more are likely to follow the same path. You are a vision of the future that awaits us if we're not very stingy with our relics.

To sum up: considering 90 bronziums could cost 1,800 crystals (so 2,100 crystals in total with carbonite), I understand why you could wonder if you're not better off waiting for the Relic 8-9 update, even if it means not getting Profundity until next month. If I was in your shoes; I will definitely pay the extra crystals without doing any maths for the pleasure of getting the new stuff right away.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Welp. I made the minor mistake of thinking you needed Kyle Katarn and the Drinky Crow for Profundity so now I’m a bit behind—but on the plus side I was able to use the crystals I’d been setting aside for Drinky Crow on more Raddus shards.

Not the end of the world, I know I wouldn’t have Raddus finished in time anyway, and Kyle’s a really good character with a really good ship. In the long run it’s fine—I just wish I’d paid more attention is all!

What’s a drinky crow?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Welp. I made the minor mistake of thinking you needed Kyle Katarn and the Drinky Crow for Profundity so now I’m a bit behind—but on the plus side I was able to use the crystals I’d been setting aside for Drinky Crow on more Raddus shards.

Not the end of the world, I know I wouldn’t have Raddus finished in time anyway, and Kyle’s a really good character with a really good ship. In the long run it’s fine—I just wish I’d paid more attention is all!

What’s a drinky crow?

Apparently it's an old TV show
    A perpetually drunken crow and his uncle, an alcoholic monkey, embark on a series of nautical adventures in this animated series
  • Options

What’s a drinky crow?

I can never remember Kyle’s ship’s name and want to call it Razor Crest. It’s Something Crow, right?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

What’s a drinky crow?

I can never remember Kyle’s ship’s name and want to call it Razor Crest. It’s Something Crow, right?

In the game he comes from he flies the Moldy Crow, but in this game is the Raven's Claw
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Razor's Craw
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Craven's Maw.
  • Options
    Kraken’s Mom
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    Kraken’s Mom

has got it going on.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

What’s a drinky crow?

In the game he comes from he flies the Moldy Crow, but in this game is the Raven's Claw

Wait, so not only did I not remember his ship’s name but the substitute my brain put in place was based on the ship he flew that isn’t even in the game?

The human brain is poorly-constructed.

Okay. Raven’s Claw. At least that explains why I was thinking Razor Crest…

Raven’s Claw.
    Raven’s Claw.
    Raven’s Claw.

Stick in my brain, name.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

What’s a drinky crow?

Wait, so not only did I not remember his ship’s name but the substitute my brain put in place was based on the ship he flew that isn’t even in the game?

Raven’s Claw.
    Raven’s Claw.
    Raven’s Claw.

Stick in my brain, name.

Nevermore.
    Nevermore.
    Nevermore.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options

What’s a drinky crow?

Karen’s Claw.
    Karen’s Claw.
    Karen’s Claw.

Stick in my brain, name.

fify ;)