Profundity and the R8/R9 change

Prev13
Iy4oy4s
2933 posts Member
So the profundity is coming on the 31st and it requires one r8 and one r9…can we expect the r8/r9 recipe to be changed before we have to apply r8/r9 mats? Or are you gonna hold it over to get one last one over on the community?

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    You’ll best know when the event goes live if the changes are live by the 31st

How are they hold it over the community? They could’ve not told us they were planning this and it wouldn’t make it any different
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    its not as simple since the change requires a title update, same with the mod changes

So early communication is no longer a good look, i see
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    You’ll best know when the event goes live if the changes are live by the 31st

How are they hold it over the community? They could’ve not told us they were planning this and it wouldn’t make it any different

Which would have been better. Why tell us something like this is coming, something that they could easily change right now, then hold it for so long? It paints CG is a greedy light. “Hey, we are changing the relic recipe, but not until after the event that requires r8/r9! See you on the holotables!” Not a good look.

They *ARE* greedy... it paints them honestly. Guarantee it won't happen before the event. You are absolutely right - it is just another twist of the knife to screw players over who want to be day 1 adopters.
  • LordDirt
    4998 posts Member
    Those pieces are easy to get anyway.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Why ultra is always defending mostly "un-defendable" CG crap? Is he paid or what?
  • Bronzium is never bottle neck for me, supply is abundant. CCB a little bit tight but it seems fit to my f2p relic pace so I seldom need farm them specifically.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Ultra change your name to Whataboutism. “Whataboutism or whataboutery (as in "what about…?") denotes in a pejorative sense a procedure in which a critical question or argument is not answered or discussed, but retorted with a critical counter-question which expresses a counter-accusation.”
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Drim wrote: »
    Ultra change your name to Whataboutism. “Whataboutism or whataboutery (as in "what about…?") denotes in a pejorative sense a procedure in which a critical question or argument is not answered or discussed, but retorted with a critical counter-question which expresses a counter-accusation.”

If i could change my forum name, I'd rename myself to Devil's Advocate
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    its not as simple since the change requires a title update, same with the mod changes

So early communication is no longer a good look, i see
    It's not "early communication" that's the issue but "misleading communication." It's about intentional withholding of information, not the providing of information. The announcement was made early to lure in more investment/whaling, and the good stuff will be delayed without communication to reduce the benefit of the investment/whaling. It's in CG's interest (in a narrow sense that doesn't consider future iteration) to provide minimal in-game benefit for maximum cash. Matchups in Kyber now are basically determined by i-win-button p2w consumables so this potential misstep in communication would be in line with their current policy.
  • I kind of like the unsertainty. It allows for tons of speculation. I like makeing farm plans when part of info has to be guessed. If every detail & schedule would be provided moths beforehand this game would be very dull.
  • We will get changes with the phase 1B and phase 2 gear economy update..
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    StAugJames wrote: »
    We will get changes with the phase 1B and phase 2 gear economy update..

So, never?
  • It would be best if CG provided TIMELINES for this stuff, so that way we didn’t have to speculate on when stuff is going to happen.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    It would be best if CG provided TIMELINES for this stuff, so that way we didn’t have to speculate on when stuff is going to happen.

We don't like that either though, because they gave us a timeline for p1 gear changes and then didn't follow it.
  • Then just hold raddus and cassian at r7. If the event drops and upgrade them when the event drops
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

So, never?

Crumb said in a recent interview that phase 1B is still coming, can't remember if he said anything about phase 2.

Whether or not you believe him is a separate matter of course.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

So, never?

Crumb said in a recent interview that phase 1B is still coming, can't remember if he said anything about phase 2.

Whether or not you believe him is a separate matter of course.

Idk, I believed him in October when he said phase one would be complete by the end of 2021. It's now August™ and still not done. I'll believe it when (if) I see it.
  • @dgree
    It's about intentional withholding of information, not the providing of information. The announcement was made early to lure in more investment/whaling, and the good stuff will be delayed without communication to reduce the benefit of the investment/whaling.

This makes no sense at all. Telling people that if they wait it will soon be easier to increase relic levels past r7 DISCOURAGES investment & whaling. Why take things to r8 now if it will cost less later?

It was good that CG told us about the upcoming change, and I have no problem holding on to my resources until the change is made. If they hadn't said anything, my Cassian would be r8 already.

CG: don't listen to dgree. I want and appreciate good communication, and I find it particularly valuable in this case where I can save myself resources because of the communication you've given us.
  • I think I could appreciate some update on some time frame. That said, early and good communication is always better by my book. I would never hold it against CG that they communicated this early.
  • Communication: "r8/r9 upgrades will no longer cost CCB after a future update"

Better communication: "r8/r9 upgrades will no longer cost CCB after a future update. We can't give an exact date as to when this change will be implemented. Our best guess is <month> <year>, but that is subject to change."

Even better communication: message above + when the best guess date is no longer precise enough due to external factors (i.e. new, major events going live that do have a date) or is now in the past, follow-up message with new best guess date.

Everyone is welcome to draw their own line at the level of communication they deem to be "good". If you're satisfied with the bare bones, cool, but don't give people flak for suggesting it could be better. If you're not satisfied with the bare bones, cool, but let's not pretend nothing would be better than the something we got (until it's proven to be false, such as the P1 gear updates).
  • Communication: "r8/r9 upgrades will no longer cost CCB after a future update"

Better communication: "r8/r9 upgrades will no longer cost CCB after a future update. We can't give an exact date as to when this change will be implemented. Our best guess is <month> <year>, but that is subject to change."

Even better communication: message above + when the best guess date is no longer precise enough due to external factors (i.e. new, major events going live that do have a date) or is now in the past, follow-up message with new best guess date.

Everyone is welcome to draw their own line at the level of communication they deem to be "good". If you're satisfied with the bare bones, cool, but don't give people flak for suggesting it could be better. If you're not satisfied with the bare bones, cool, but let's not pretend nothing would be better than the something we got (until it's proven to be false, such as the P1 gear updates).

You nailed it.

Who. What. When. Where. Why.
    Answer all 5 of those and you'll have good communication 100% of the time. You can quickly see which questions haven't been answered looking at your excellent examples and why it would be important to provide those answers in a communication.
  • You’ve all missed the point.

This is the Crumb puzzle - the hardest yet remember?
  • They will change this once the gear changes are implemented and we can sim the Sith raid
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    @dgree
    It's about intentional withholding of information, not the providing of information. The announcement was made early to lure in more investment/whaling, and the good stuff will be delayed without communication to reduce the benefit of the investment/whaling.

This makes no sense at all. Telling people that if they wait it will soon be easier to increase relic levels past r7 DISCOURAGES investment & whaling. Why take things to r8 now if it will cost less later?

It was good that CG told us about the upcoming change, and I have no problem holding on to my resources until the change is made. If they hadn't said anything, my Cassian would be r8 already.

CG: don't listen to dgree. I want and appreciate good communication, and I find it particularly valuable in this case where I can save myself resources because of the communication you've given us.

It absolutely makes sense. CG can provide some information (cool! and they get credit for this!) while still withholding other information (when the relic changes are happening). Players might think it's never happening or not happening anytime soon, so will cave and whale harder. But I appreciate the confirmation that CG's communication strategy works on some people.

• dgree wrote: »
    @dgree

It absolutely makes sense. CG can provide some information (cool! and they get credit for this!) while still withholding other information (when the relic changes are happening). Players might think it's never happening or not happening anytime soon, so will cave and whale harder. But I appreciate the confirmation that CG's communication strategy works on some people.

Worked on me too. Why knowing that something might be cheaper later will motivate me to buy it now ?
  • Just take Raddus and Cassian to R7 and if they make the update before the event, upgrade them after and save the mats. If they don't do that update, upgrade them and do the event. Nothing is going to change if you wait a couple more days for that to happen.

We should be getting a significant announcement, of a few things, on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.