Replies

• crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    • With every success of a Bonus Battle you will earn Datacron, Datacron Currency, and/or Datacron Materials.

Are Conquest Bonus Battles repeatable with rewards?
    You betcha!

So it's like mod farming but with Conquest energy and without simming ?

Yeah, I don't like that at all.

Simming isn't a good idea because you also have to complete conquest feats such as winning 14 times with Inquisitor faction etc

Sounds like you are getting materials while completing your feats after clearing Sector 5 which doesn't sound too bad and makes the grind of conquest after Sector 5 completion not as bad as it currently is (since we don't get any materials right now)

Fair point. If it's a node I can farm, as it depends on the team there.

Anyway, at the end of the day, it just means I'll fight the same battle even more than before because if I want to be efficient, I'll probably use my 3x50 refreshes everyday during the entire conquest to get as much datacron materiel as I can get. So Conquest will be even more of a chore than before.

Edit: if you want to make me spend my time and crystals for refreshes on Conquest, put the materials in every node and let me choose which node I want to farm, it will be less of a chore. Or even better, don't make bonus battles repeatables, or with materials associated to feats to make me fight the node several times with a different team.

You can always use the datacron nodes for the things like "win 40 battles with Old Republic," where after sector 1 there is no overlap with sector feats.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »
    • With every success of a Bonus Battle you will earn Datacron, Datacron Currency, and/or Datacron Materials.

You betcha!

Simming isn't a good idea because you also have to complete conquest feats such as winning 14 times with Inquisitor faction etc

Sounds like you are getting materials while completing your feats after clearing Sector 5 which doesn't sound too bad and makes the grind of conquest after Sector 5 completion not as bad as it currently is (since we don't get any materials right now)

Anyway, at the end of the day, it just means I'll fight the same battle even more than before because if I want to be efficient, I'll probably use my 3x50 refreshes everyday during the entire conquest to get as much datacron materiel as I can get. So Conquest will be even more of a chore than before.

Edit: if you want to make me spend my time and crystals for refreshes on Conquest, put the materials in every node and let me choose which node I want to farm, it will be less of a chore. Or even better, don't make bonus battles repeatables, or with materials associated to feats to make me fight the node several times with a different team.

You can always use the datacron nodes for the things like "win 40 battles with Old Republic," where after sector 1 there is no overlap with sector feats.

Datacrons can only be used in PvP game modes like TW or GAC, and eventually Squad Arena
  • I am more interested if the new Lord of the Rings game will have datacrons. Please let me know so I know if I should look forward to the game.
  • CaesarAM
    250 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    How can you possibly pretend that Datacrons won’t interfere with farming goals when you are forcing us to spend already extremely limited Conquest energy to repeat datacron reward nodes? Which means spending more crystals or losing out on progression in conquest.

Not to mention forcing us to bring full teams up to r5 to get full benefit. How does that not interfere with an effort to farm a GL or other journey guide goal?

This notion is either very disingenuous or weirdly ignorant. And not sure which is worse.
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member

You betcha!

Datacrons can only be used in PvP game modes like TW or GAC, and eventually Squad Arena

They mean in Conquest you can use the nodes that drop Datacrons to complete feats you’d otherwise be doing on a random easy (but rewardless) battle.
  • CaesarAM wrote: »
    How can you possibly pretend that Datacrons won’t interfere with farming goals when you are forcing us to spend already extremely limited Conquest energy to repeat datacron reward nodes? Which means spending more crystals or losing out on progression in conquest.

That’s either very disingenuous or weirdly ignorant. And not sure which is worse.

It is well known the bean counters at CG don’t play the game…and it is debatable that the developers do also. I would side more on the ignorance part.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    I am more interested if the new Lord of the Rings game will have datacrons. Please let me know so I know if I should look forward to the game.

Sauron-acrons.
  • haloimplant2
    37 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    Which means spending more crystals or losing out on progression in conquest.

Not to mention forcing us to bring full teams up to r5 to get full benefit. How does that not interfere with an effort to farm a GL or other journey guide goal?
    Yup crystals are the main economy, nothing is "separate" if you can put crystals into it.
    And putting relic levels into Inquisitors or interfering with that farm by getting more squads up to r3/r5 minimum is the spot I'm in.
    It is what it is but I'll never understand the need to blow so much smoke.
  • wildnz
    256 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead can you use a datacron on an undersized team and will it activate the bonus ? Ie if I have an R7 wampa will he be able to go solo with a datacron ? Another example is if I have 4 characters at R5 and one at g12 (like my BB) can I just take the 4 and get the datacron bonus?
  • Zaph0dd
    182 posts Member
    Didnt we already have a thread for Feedback and questions on Datacrons with the road ahead ?,

will applied datacrons be visible on enemy teams, and will matchups take into consideration of a paytowin wall vs a actual chance at possibly winning
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Will it be possible to bring a datacron to max level without spending money or crystals? I wonder if they can be used f2p and spending money just increases the chance to get good rolls (similar to mods). Or do they leave the cycle before you were able to farm enough currency and materials f2p.
  • Whatelse73
    2161 posts Member
    The last group of characters that should get datacrons, boosting them up, is Galactic Legends. What's with making them even more difficult to get past? Not to mention the Meta GL, JMK, and the best defensive GL, Rey getting datacrons? It seems that decision was made by someone who didn't have to deal with them in GAC, TW, arena, etc.
  • I think most people are still going to just get their red box and stop.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited June 2022

You betcha!

If the bonus battle is against a team i can beat with Old republic, which is easier to found during your way to he end of the sector. On top of that, once these feats will be done, if i want to be efficient, i will keep refreshing conquest energy and keep repeating the same bonus battles over and over again: not my idea of fun.

Edit: general ‘do this 40 times’ feats are so boring that sometimes i don’t go for last crate even if i could. So i will probably not farm datacrons as much as i ‘should’ for the exact same reason. So i’ll fall behind because i want to keep having fun playing the game. It won’t make me quit, i just won’t do it. As i don’t plan to reach top of the meta, if i fall a division it won’t change the game much (just a little less crystal), but it’s just sad. Bonus battles was a solid idea (boss and mini boss battles are the best thing in conquest imo). Farming them over and over again is not.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

You betcha!

If the bonus battle is against a team i can beat with Old republic, which is easier to found during your way to he end of the sector. On top of that, once these feats will be done, if i want to be efficient, i will keep refreshing conquest energy and keep repeating the same bonus battles over and over again: not my idea of fun.

Actually, the node after the s5 boss was the easiest in the whole thing, and allowed for farming all kinds of feats. If all of the nodes are of similar difficulty, then it'll be a breeze.
  • Were datacrons designed to knock Kyber division players out of their ranks in hopes that they would spend more money on the game to get their crystals again (since they're more likely to whale then others)?

It's my theory and the only thing that makes sense from a business standpoint.

• Can I use a datacron on a team that has some members at relic 5, some at relic 3 and will only the members at the different relic levels get the corresponding benefits? (I.e. Relic 3 gets the level 1-3 bonuses and Relic 5 gets the level 1-6 bonuses). Or must I have my entire team at the relic level higher in order to receive any form of bonus?
    • For Stat, Alignment and Factional Bonuses, the entire squad must be at that Relic level (or higher) to activate that Datacron level. For Character-specific Bonuses, that specific Character must meet the Relic requirements in addition to all previous Bonus Mechanics being active. In the above example all members will get the bonuses from levels 1-3 because the entire squad is Relic 3 or higher.

I've got an 8M+ roster and I've spent a good deal on this game. The above statement is making me really want to sell my mods and quit the game. Well done CG.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    rangojr wrote: »

Can I use a datacron on a team that has some members at relic 5, some at relic 3 and will only the members at the different relic levels get the corresponding benefits? (I.e. Relic 3 gets the level 1-3 bonuses and Relic 5 gets the level 1-6 bonuses). Or must I have my entire team at the relic level higher in order to receive any form of bonus?
    • For Stat, Alignment and Factional Bonuses, the entire squad must be at that Relic level (or higher) to activate that Datacron level. For Character-specific Bonuses, that specific Character must meet the Relic requirements in addition to all previous Bonus Mechanics being active. In the above example all members will get the bonuses from levels 1-3 because the entire squad is Relic 3 or higher.

I've got an 8M+ roster and I've spent a good deal on this game. The above statement is making me really want to sell my mods and quit the game. Well done CG.

What is wrong with this? There’s always been a progressive gear gate on things like mods, stats, raid entrance etc.

Their job is to push people to “improve” their rosters to increase spending - how is this an issue?
  • Thanks for the Q/A! My worry is the effect datacrons will have on players in the early to mid game. Players that don't have relic 3+ teams yet. I have just over 2 mil gp and have 4 characters that have relic levels but 3 are FO and the 4th is Emperor Palpatine. I will be unable to use any datacrons for several months because of how long it takes to acquire gear unless I focus entirely on gearing one team to relic 5 and also hope that the datacrons have a FO focus at some point. Otherwise i will be crushed in GAC. I regularly face players that are at the 3 to 4 mil GP level and have 2 or 3 teams of relics. With datacrons being as they are, i am worried that i will be unable to even have a chance to compete against these types of players (before i usually had a chance with good defense placement and some strategy). Hopefully these worries can be passed to the development team and they can maybe look into comparing players that can use datacrons vs players that can not use datacrons in GAC. (I know this will not be possible in the next few months but maybe after the first few sets come out).
    "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
    Darth Malak to Revan
  • StarSon wrote: »

You betcha!

Actually, the node after the s5 boss was the easiest in the whole thing, and allowed for farming all kinds of feats. If all of the nodes are of similar difficulty, then it'll be a breeze.

Depends which team you got. We don't all get the same team. My team was bad batch. it was not a breeze for my inquisitors.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »

Can I use a datacron on a team that has some members at relic 5, some at relic 3 and will only the members at the different relic levels get the corresponding benefits? (I.e. Relic 3 gets the level 1-3 bonuses and Relic 5 gets the level 1-6 bonuses). Or must I have my entire team at the relic level higher in order to receive any form of bonus?

What is wrong with this? There’s always been a progressive gear gate on things like mods, stats, raid entrance etc.

Their job is to push people to “improve” their rosters to increase spending - how is this an issue?

It sucks because you are being forced to add relic levels to characters that in any other scenario would be suspect, for a very limited time. Once the datacron expires, the character goes back to being a paperweight until a datacron comes around again in 8 or 9 months. The way I use my BB, I don’t have Omega geared and I have no desire to do so. When a datacron comes around for BB, if I want to use that datacron, I now have to gear up Omega so I can use the datacron for two months. No thanks.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

You betcha!

Depends which team you got. We don't all get the same team. My team was bad batch. it was not a breeze for my inquisitors.

I got BB as well, and it was quite easy for my g8-g10 Inquisitors.
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited June 2022

You betcha!

mine are g8 at most. mostly g6-7. not so easy. working on bad batch I do NOT have the kyros to spare the inquisitors atm.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

You betcha!

mine are g8 at most. mostly g6-7. not so easy. working on bad batch I do NOT have the kyros to spare the inquisitors atm.

Before release they even used up relic mats instead of their own xD
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

You betcha!

G8 would be enough, and that requires zero kyro.

But, you know, resource management. If you can get red without that feat then not a big deal.
  • I’ll just reiterate a question that I had in the initial road ahead post to be nice. Why are galactic legends included as characters that can get bonuses from these datacrons when they are in the least need of any sort of bonuses, temporary or otherwise? Frankly, I think galactic legends should be denied any bonuses from datacrons.
  • StarSon wrote: »

You betcha!

But it was only the easiest because you were gifted a Malgus to carry your team through, and it also was different for each player. What team rng gave them vs what they have in their roster.

I did not see anything in the announcement that said there would be an ally given in the bonus nodes, or that the bonus node is consistent for everyone, like a miniboss/boss.

Back to the Q&A: is there an increasing reward in the bonus node in each sector, or can I find whichever one is easiest for me to beat and get feats at the same time?
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »

It sucks because you are being forced to add relic levels to characters that in any other scenario would be suspect, for a very limited time. Once the datacron expires, the character goes back to being a paperweight until a datacron comes around again in 8 or 9 months. The way I use my BB, I don’t have Omega geared and I have no desire to do so. When a datacron comes around for BB, if I want to use that datacron, I now have to gear up Omega so I can use the datacron for two months. No thanks.

Fortunately it looks like the BB will get their bonus even if it’s not a full BB team and has one additional R5 character. But that would be nice to confirm.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

You betcha!

But it was only the easiest because you were gifted a Malgus to carry your team through, and it also was different for each player. What team rng gave them vs what they have in their roster.

I did not see anything in the announcement that said there would be an ally given in the bonus nodes, or that the bonus node is consistent for everyone, like a miniboss/boss.

Actually it was also fairly easy because of how they were tuned. I think no mods and no modifiers.
This discussion has been closed.