11491 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    they can be fun, from what i've seen

like BAM datacron, and SEE datacron

Fun is a point of view Anakin

well i agree

fun to watch at least

not sure if they are fun to play :joy:
  • "We've listened to your feedback. DC are fun and the next set will buff another GL: Lord Vader". Isn't that the complete opposite of the feedback we've given????
    The title of this thread is right: CG doesn’t listen.
  • How do you guys actually think datacrons are fun? I mean have you not seen the numbers dropping since they got introduced (not even in the game, when they got leaked) Tusken you may as well stay in swgoh full time cause your so lost just like the rest of them but all you do is pick and choose from the feedback (if you can even call that feedback) to make yourselves look good so can give yourselves a pat on the back before you go home or whilst working from home. Shitcrons are not fun and have ruined the game, have some balls and speak to the community properly. There is no skill in the game while datacrons exist, it’s about who has the biggest wallet which I guess is you’re ultimate goal in the end.
  • The mechanics are absolutely broken.
    Implementing Dodge chance as a stat is the first big FU.
    That alone will make the next 3 months absolutely miserable. Take one of the worst ingame mechanics and multiply the pain.

Dash lvl 9 bonus turns are absolutely broken. Same as the 8% stat increase. Dash deals 15 crits and 15 debuffs on his first move. Thats a boost of 240%.

LV lvl 9 where he stacks 4% mastery for every DOT applied on the enemy team is absolutely broken.

Empire lvl 6 will result in endless Mercyless Massacre loops. which applies even more dots.

Not sure who you listened to for feedback, but if that was someone with a DB query analyzing who bought what: sales going down is due to players quitting not enjoying DCs.

I think the dots with LV is based on how many enemies received dots rather than how many dots were applied. Meaning he will gain 20% mastery every time he takes a turn if there are still 5 characters alive. But I do agree alot of these are broken. They need to take away DCs away from GLs permanently. This would replace the nerf they did to characters such as JKL, GAS, wat ect which is every aspect and perspective is a good thing. Players need more than just using GL vs GL to take one down. If they took out DCs from GLs I would imagine a lot of the player base would not mind DCs including me.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    353 posts EA Community Manager
    Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited August 2022
    Implementing Dodge chance as a stat is the first big FU.

Is it?

There is an alignment bonus that inflicts evasion down (-25% dodge on enemy) and accuracy up (+15% on allies) if anyone misses an attack, so that's -40% dodge chance

You can get +70% dodge chance if you roll all max RNG dodges (would require massive amounts of re-rolls)

L3 alignment roll is very easy to hit

Dodge chance is fine, lets wait and see how it is before we comment on it
  • Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel

I’m glad you guys “listened” to the community and did the opposite. This batch of DCs you are releasing did nothing to make things better.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    StAugJames wrote: »

I’m glad you guys “listened” to the community and did the opposite. This batch of DCs you are releasing did nothing to make things better.

Really?

I've seen people complain about managing 3 sets is too much

I've seen people complaining about the cycle of datacrons is too short

I've seen people complaining that one month to farm a set is too little

They addressed all those, with exact quotes of community complaints
  • Are you saying datacrons aren't fun? You don't like Malgus doing his last special on your toons every turn he takes? :S

These things are the worst thing they ever added to this game.
  • Lumiya
    1462 posts Member

Really?

As I've mentioned in another post, those points were definitely further down the list of feedback and not mentioned nearly as much as other points.

The points that were mentioned a lot more got simply ignored...
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Did anyone ask for reroll mats to get removed from conquest?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ArdenPulsar
    372 posts Member
    edited August 2022

Really?

Yes but the ultimate complaint is datacons themselves. The community at large doesn't like them. For me they've ruined 6+years of strategy and investment in one fell swoop. I've mentally dropped out, stopped spending and debated several times on quitting because of them. They've ruined what the game strategy and whittled it down to chance
    Get rid of them and everyone will be happy
  • Ultra wrote: »

Really?

👎
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    giphy.gif
  • @TVF I'm surprised you didn't call out the 9.99m account pretending to be a 10m account
  • wharp
    213 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Are you saying datacrons aren't fun? You don't like Malgus doing his last special on your toons every turn he takes? :S

These things are the worst thing they ever added to this game.

It is the exact opposite datacron in generals are fun, it is CG job to make ability fun.

What your are saying is just you hate a peticular datacron, and can't find (or don't have) a way to counter it.
    Many people might feel like you for this datacron or other but datacron just break the "skill" matchmaking, there is no longer skill in having the good datacrons.
  • Nobody seems to really like datacrons, that much is true. But seems like we could somehow manage to live with them if there were not GL specific bonuses each season.

Can we at least try getting rid of that aspect of them and then see how it works?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I am sorry to say but after I read the new announcement my first thought was: They didn't even have one of those 3 points they made/used that was voiced by the community the most.

- DCs are still active on GLs
    - they have still overpowered stats(especially for toons that don't need them)
    - they are still active in pvp but not pve

Those are only 3 points that I know have been mentioned almost from everyone/ were the most agreed upon. If they would have listened, these would have been the very first points to address.

Edit for typo

They did actually listen to the second point.
  • CG does listen. No one wants to play the sith raid anymore and they said they would make it simmable 3 years ago. The problem is they don't do anything about it :)
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Did anyone ask for reroll mats to get removed from conquest?

Yeah i think that change hurts the players the most

I think if CG really wants to monetize re-rolls that badly, they should at least allow players to choose from 3 choices when leveling up datacrons to L3/6/9 without re-rolling
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    A vast majority of people, that I’ve seen, here, Reddit and on YouTube all hate datacrons. Where the response to that?

They won't get rid of datacrons, they are here to stay

Instead of asking for the impossible, you should focus on, "okay, what can CG do for us, to make them tolerable and acceptable?"

If you gave feedback regarding that, you would've seen it this update, probably
  • I like that only one GL gets a datacron power. If it becomes the norm, that’s 2 GLs powered up with specific datacrons at most.
  • So much for listening…

It appears that the developers couldn’t care less about what the opinions of the majority of the community are, and are choosing to hide behind the “datacrons are fun and engaging” façade.

Really?

I agree they addressed several problems and they are good changes. However I do think they ignored some of the bigger changes that are needed. Yes one can say in due time they will implement more, but it could also mean they don’t agree with the player bases feedback. My biggest gripe right now is GLs having DCs. They were OP to begin with now there is no chance for F2P to compete in this game.
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    A vast majority of people, that I’ve seen, here, Reddit and on YouTube all hate datacrons. Where the response to that?

They won't get rid of datacrons, they are here to stay

Instead of asking for the impossible, you should focus on, "okay, what can CG do for us, to make them tolerable and acceptable?"

If you gave feedback regarding that, you would've seen it this update, probably

If a good amount of the player base ignores them and doesn't use them like myself I can guarantee you they'll go away
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Ultra SAID NOT A SINGLE PERSON. Do you even play this game? LV sucks and still sucks. Shut up, dumb ****!

a lot of anger in this one