Datacron Set 4 + Feedback Response Information [MEGA]

1234568Next

Replies

• Is CG seriously stupid enough to force a 4 month Dodge Meta onto the game again? Do they think this is an enjoyable experience?

Truly asking.
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead mate i want to ask a question that burns red in all the players right now (pun intended).
    Will the datacron nodes on conquest still reward 2 boxes of mats just like before, but you just structured the where we get each, to better help out chase, or now we only get 1 box at each node, containing what was mentioned in the announcement?
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Is CG seriously stupid enough to force a 4 month Dodge Meta onto the game again? Do they think this is an enjoyable experience?

Truly asking.

Isnt the precision stat like 3 times a strong?

Edit: its not, but the solution is literally just going accuracy.

Buuuut you would have to engage with them.
  • Preloaded TM or dodge meta.
    Both completely ruin the fun but that’s what Datacrons are all about I guess.
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Is CG seriously stupid enough to force a 4 month Dodge Meta onto the game again? Do they think this is an enjoyable experience?

Truly asking.

Do you realize how much "engagement" is required to re-roll stat boosts for the desired stats?
  • While I doubt we'll get any responses or communication on these things I'd say there are several significant concerns about the changes being announced regarding DataCrons in that @CG_Tusken_Meathead post:

1 ) CG say feedback was that there was too much going on with 3 live sets and that people thought they should last longer SO: They are reducing to 2 live sets and extending each set to 4-months instead of 3 - OK, fine so far, seems sensible, BUT then
    2 ) CG say people said they had too many DCs and they noticed that a lot of players had a lot of un-rolled DCs in their inventory SO: They are reducing the frequency/cadence that we'll get DCs so that players have less of them and are reducing the amount of materials/resources to slow things down - HERE is where the problems start, because:
    A ) If you reduce the number of live sets from 3 to 2 then players (who are actually engaging with DCs) will need 50% MORE of each DC set to maintain the level of DCs that they currently have, and even to roll/level up the same number as we would currently have in each set we'd still need at least as much in the way of materials/resources as we currently do, and if we are to get the additional 50% that we will need to fill the reduced number of sets then we'd actually need MORE materials/resources than we currently get, not less!
    B ) Many players who have lots of un-rolled/leveled DCs either aren't bothering to upgrade those ones because there aren't enough resources for them to take any beyond Level-2, something that will only get WORSE if you reduce the drops of materials/resources...or they are players who aren't particularly engaged with DCs in general, and most likely still won't be regardless of any changes that are made because many simply don't agree with them.

So IF you're really looking to improve the overall experience for players around DataCrons (without massively skewing the game even further towards those players who spend massive amounts of money) then the changes which fit in with the feedback you've had and inventory situations you've seen should actually be:
    i) Reduce to 2 sets, and extend each set to 4-months - Yes, this part is already a perfectly fine change
    ii) INCREASE the drop-rate of DCs from Set-4 onwards so that players who are actually engaged in this area of the game can make up for the reduction from 3-sets to 2-sets by having more of each set
    iii) INCREASE the drop-rate of Mk.2 and Mk.3 Upgrade materials so that players will be able to at the absolute minimum be able to get at least 50% MORE over the period where that set's materials are dropping, but preferably increase by more than 50% so that engaged players actually have enough materials to upgrade a few more DCs than they currently are able to do, in conjunction with:
    iv) INCREASE the materials you get when you "dismantle" a Level-0 DC from 5 Mk.1 Upgrade pieces to 10 Mk.1 Upgrade pieces AND 5 Mk.2 Upgrade Pieces - this way players will be encouraged to dismantle a few more of any excess DCs they get in return for being able to get enough materials to get an extra one or two upgrade to a useful Level-3 since generally the Level-1 or Level-2 DCs aren't very attractive/useful so many players don't even bother Dismantling a few extra Level-0 ones since it would currently take Dismantling 8 Level-0 DCs just to get enough extra currency to roll/upgrade 1 extra DC to Level-2

^^These suggested alternate DC changes encompass not only the impact of the change from 3-sets to 2 and the increased length from 3-months to 4, but the knock-on impact that has on the number that players need for each set to be in any way competitive, plus the additional knock-on effect of thus needing more resources, and also help deal with engagement with DCs at the lower DC upgrade Levels by addressing the potential for players to sit with several useless Level-0 DCs by making Dismantling them actually a worthwhile endeavour - a fully integrated series of changes that complement each other instead of the 3 reported feedback/change items which appear to have been looked at and reacted to in isolation without considering the cross-item knock-on effects of each change to the overall DC experience or economy.

Truly asking.

Do you realize how much "engagement" is required to re-roll stat boosts for the desired stats?

The more we have “fun” with them and their “engaging” amazing…

I can’t even finish that. Datacrons are just total 💩

They have totally ruined the fun and enjoyment of this game. Can’t wait to see the Padmé team from Conquest maxed out reflected damage. Just fun stuff 🤮🤮🤮

Truly asking.

By spending $$$
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »

Truly asking.

By spending $$$
    I haven't spent any £££ on datacrons and I don't plan to. Yet I have quite a few level 9s already.

Truly asking.

As much as required for rolling dodge chance i suppose?

Truly asking.

By spending $$$
    I haven't spent any £££ on datacrons and I don't plan to. Yet I have quite a few level 9s already.

Have soon to be had….

Truly asking.

By spending $$$

We aren't talking about acquiring level 9's here. That's just a pre-requisite to re-rolling the stats.

This does go both ways. I'm pretty sure only whales have the resources to acquire multiple level 9 DCs and re-roll the stats on them. So I doubt the majority of us will see more than one or two OP dodge DCs per opponent.

Putting all that aside, dodge/accuracy mechanics are the worst, imo. I'd much rather they give the units X% damage reduction/increase than dodge/accuracy chance. But I digress.

Truly asking.

By spending $$$

We aren't talking about acquiring level 9's here. That's just a pre-requisite to re-rolling the stats.

This does go both ways. I'm pretty sure only whales have the resources to acquire multiple level 9 DCs and re-roll the stats on them. So I doubt the majority of us will see more than one or two OP dodge DCs per opponent.

If its so hard to reroll everything, how can you be sure everyone is going to have a dodge dc?

Truly asking.

By spending $$$

Putting all that aside, dodge/accuracy mechanics are the worst, imo. I'd much rather they give the units X% damage reduction/increase than dodge/accuracy chance. But I digress.

He was probably refreshing his energy in Conquest over and over again for as many datacon materials as he could get. Then could say he didn’t spend anything on them.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Truly asking.

By spending $$$

If its so hard to reroll everything, how can you be sure everyone is going to have a dodge dc?

What? I specifically said there won't be tons of these in the wild.

Truly asking.

By spending $$$

You said 1 or 2 per opponent. Given that most of all will get 2 or 3 at best, thats pretty often

Truly asking.

By spending $$$

You said 1 or 2 per opponent. Given that most of all will get 2 or 3 at best, thats pretty often

That was an upper bound.
  • Also, that was part of a larger point that while I hate the dodge/accuracy mechanics, I don't think they will be prevalent enough to skew GAC competitive balance more than the first 3 rounds of DCs have. You're really honing in on part of one sentence that I could have worded better while ignoring the surrounding context.
  • IronCross wrote: »

Truly asking.

By spending $$$

He was probably refreshing his energy in Conquest over and over again for as many datacon materials as he could get. Then could say he didn’t spend anything on them.
    That's exactly what I mean, yes.

I probably refreshed conquest more than some players, but I know I did it less than some others.

The forums can be really bad at equating any form of roster development as £££ spent. Datacrons aren't my idea of fun, but Ravens seemed to suggest that engaging with them required money.

• Ravens seemed to suggest that engaging with them required money.

Yes, because in that context, "engagement" referred to having enough materials to re-roll for stats. I've yet to see anyone have enough materials without spending money to get the relevant L9 DCs in a set AND re-roll for stats. Happy to be shown otherwise.
  • wharp
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Ravens seemed to suggest that engaging with them required money.

Yes, because in that context, "engagement" referred to having enough materials to re-roll for stats. I've yet to see anyone have enough materials without spending money to get the relevant L9 DCs in a set AND re-roll for stats. Happy to be shown otherwise.

I do on the previous conquest, I was lucky enough to reroll only once to get the level 9 I whished for, then rerolled level 6 and 3 and finished by rerolling stats. I got 2 Datacron level 9, full F2P and refreshed at most 3 times the conquest energies.

Now with the reroll materials MK3 out of Conquest, it will be much harder to get the right level 9, you will have more crap ... more RNG , more, more ...
  • wharp wrote: »

I do on the previous conquest, I was lucky enough to reroll only once to get the level 9 I whished for, then rerolled level 6 and 3 and finished by rerolling stats. I got 2 Datacron level 9, full F2P and refreshed at most 3 times the conquest energies.

Now with the reroll materials MK3 out of Conquest, it will be much harder to get the right level 9, you will have more crap ... more RNG , more, more ...

So you got extremely lucky. I know guys that rolled a dozen+ times and didn't get the L9 they wanted. Even still, it's not clear if you cleared the bar of L9 DC desired AND stat boosts desired. Did you get the exact one(s) you were gunning for?
  • wharp
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    wharp wrote: »

So you got extremely lucky. I know guys that rolled a dozen+ times and didn't get the L9 they wanted. Even still, it's not clear if you cleared the bar of L9 DC desired AND stat boosts desired. Did you get the exact one(s) you were gunning for?

Unfortunally, my both level 9 datacron unlocked with the sith trooper, it took me 2 reroll to get one of the SEE mechanics I was aiming for, and only 1 reroll to get the Magus mechanics.

For the stats rerolled, I didn't get what I whished for on SEE datacron and gave up reroll stats for this one. The issues with rerolling for stats, it's you can get the same kind of stats but with a different value lower or higher, this is stupid.

But in contrast, the datacron chapter 2, I rerolled a dozen of dozen of times the level 3 without getting the +25%TM.