Grand Inquisitor Event

Any word on when the next Dark Times event is going to take place?

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Blvck_One wrote: »
    Any word on when the next Dark Times event is going to take place?

They never say when legendary event are coming back because reasons.
  • It's already been more than 60 days. (I know, b/c I didn't get it on first pass either and have been waiting for it.)

The most likely time period is 78-112 days after the first event, with many falling in the 90-105 range, but it's technically possible that it could show up any day now in our events list (since it shows things 4 days out and the shortest periods were in the low-60s days between events).

Keep looking, but don't expect it for about 3-4 more weeks and you'll be less likely to be disappointed.
  • Ugh it’s been painful waiting to complete this team. Have everything needed to take him to R3 the day I get him but seems like the event is never coming back.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    /
    Ugh it’s been painful waiting to complete this team. Have everything needed to take him to R3 the day I get him but seems like the event is never coming back.

The earliest one could expect it back isn't for another 2 or 3 weeks.
  • Well thank you all for the posts. For some reason I was thinking it was be on a 60 day cooldown before they ran it again.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Well thank you all for the posts. For some reason I was thinking it was be on a 60 day cooldown before they ran it again.

60 days is completely unprecedented for legendary events.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Well thank you all for the posts. For some reason I was thinking it was be on a 60 day cooldown before they ran it again.

60 days is completely unprecedented for legendary events.

Requiring r5 toons is completely unprecedented for legendary events, yet here we are.
  • Also, for what it's worth, although 60 days is completely unprecedented for the SECOND appearance of a legendary event, I'm pretty sure we've had low-60s of days between two events that weren't first/second.

So you can distinguish the cases if you want to, and I'm certainly not trying to suggest that 63-65 days is **reasonable**, it's not completely impossible, @crzydroid .

Still, it's been very rare for these events to be spaced less than 90 days apart, and I'm certainly with you in that people shouldn't start worrying that it's overdue for a long, long time. Even 40 days from now would still be just the long-end of average for spacing between legendary events. I'd love it if GI came back sooner, but there's no reason to get excited for several weeks.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Sure, that's fair.
  • It's been 120 days now since the first event. Any idea when the next one will happen?
  • The rumor is that the next conquest unit is scythe shuttle with GI and another inq as pilots. So my guess is they will announce GI returning next week along with the conquest announcement.
  • I was seriously thinking last week that it would be announced by today.

While people did start freaking out getting antsy a bit early, it now really is on the far side of average and I have to wonder what's going on with this.

We're supposed to want and collect the Inqs. The Inqs are supposed to be high priority. The event for GI is all programmed since we've already had it once. I just don't see any reason to be delaying at this point. I was **maybe** ready to accept pushing the date out from the late90s to the early teens in order to avoid overlap with Conquest when everyone is busy, but at 120 with the return not even announced, I am disappointed in CG.

• It’s long past ridiculous.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    It’s long past ridiculous.

Why?

Coming back in December.
  • That’s the point, December. It’s long been past normal so let’s delay it another month. Myself and numerous others have been waiting on GI and they announce another unit which also pushes it out a month.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    That’s the point, December. It’s long been past normal so let’s delay it another month. Myself and numerous others have been waiting on GI and they announce another unit which also pushes it out a month.

And what is "normal"? I actually couldn't find an official post that states that Legendaries should return every 90 days or so as we all believe was the cadence. But even so, this is the first Legendary after they added Legendaries as permanent events to the Journey Guide. So how should we determine what normal is, if CG never told us what normal would be?

Edit: and what unit pushes anything out a month? GI is back in December, his ship will unlock in January. Not sure I see the issue
  • If you’re fine with it all why are you bothering commenting? Keep it moving since you’re good.
  • It's a bad move for a faction that they're supposed to be pushing.

I mean, they made no promises, I'm not saying that they were dishonest or anything like that. I'm just saying it was a bad move.
  • Very bad move. Half a year to wait for an event is too much.
    And stupid if they want to make money out of it. No one is going to panic farm.
  • NotoBoil wrote: »
    Very bad move. Half a year to wait for an event is too much.
    And stupid if they want to make money out of it. No one is going to panic farm.

Except that they have exact data on how many players are in a position to panic farm. Chances are they were not happy with this number and want to tell players instead: "hey, a cool ship is coming in 2-3 months if you do well in Conquest. Don't worry, you still have about 6 weeks to get ready for the pilot. Let's the farm begin !".
  • I am getting ready for the event. Suggestions on zetas and mod layouts needed? I don’t want to realize at the last minute that my toons were modded wrong!
  • "Soon" tm
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    "Soon" tm

Or the exact date they told us.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Is he going to be in the journey guide after this? Or waiting period if i miss this time?
  • Waiting period. Sorry.

It has to be 1 year old before it goes in the JG. It will be 6 months old when it hits in December.
  • I really hope he Will be monthly or bimonthly then...