rebel ships for profundity

This question is for any devs that might be willing to answer. Will all the rebel pilots need to be relic for the profundity to be effective against executor? I've worked hard getting ready for the profundity event, and I'm curious if I should continue devoting resources to the pilots (i.e. phoenix) that I otherwise wouldnt gear/relic. I appreciate any guidance.

Replies

• LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    I would relic them all or at least put 6 dot mods on them right now.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • goodspeed
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Woogh that's a big commitment for all those toons. It's like five more Phoenix. Well I'm pot committed now with the pre-reqs so giddy-up I guess. I'll finally have that relic Phoenix squad I've been dreaming about. I actually kind of miss the early days when I thought they were the best faction in the game
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    edited August 2022
    The Devs won't answer this. And it's difficult to theory craft given that we haven't seen the kit. Some of the community might be able to make guesses. For example, Raven's Claw specifically excludes Falcon and Outrider, so those would be on different fleets. Since Profundity was in Rogue One and downloaded the DS plans, maybe it will work with Outrider's download mechanic (Raddus himself has something similar). The U-Wings will probably continue to be as useful as they are. *Maybe* Ghost will work with Profundity since it was also at the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One.

The real question that would help answer whether Phoenix will be needed is if we will be reliably able to contruct two Rebel fleets in practice. Or will we just be changing capital ships on the same fleet? This will be hard to answer before the ship is in game, and without knowing if/when Red 5 is coming and what it will do. I could also see an argument for making Bodhi useful by giving him the Rogue One ship from the movie, but that probably won't happen.

I would at least wait on gearing up other Phoenix until we have the ship and the whales and theory crafters play with it. You can start stockpiling gear now to get ready to dump it on in case it turns out they're needed.
  • Just accumulate some gear and relic mats and wait to see what you need.

If the devs did answer they would probably tell you to
    fni49d9z2cyv.jpg

• Let's just hope it does something about the RNG snorefest that is executor mirror match
  • Let's just hope it does something about the RNG snorefest that is executor mirror match
    If you know the strategy there’s very little RNG involved.
  • goodspeed
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Yea so the big reason why I'm thinking we're gonna need the Phoenix ships is that there are qualifiers with ravens claw that exclude scoundrels which takes out hmf and outrider making me think there will be two rebel fleets possible. Hopefully they add red 1 and maybe a couple other rebel ships. I guess I'll just hoard and wait. Can't go wrong hoarding
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    goodspeed wrote: »
    Yea so the big reason why I'm thinking we're gonna need the Phoenix ships is that there are qualifiers with ravens claw that exclude scoundrels which takes out hmf and outrider making me think there will be two rebel fleets possible. Hopefully they add red 1 and maybe a couple other rebel ships. I guess I'll just hoard and wait. Can't go wrong hoarding

Oh, I agree there is likely the intention to have two Rebel fleets. What I'm saying is, the second fleet might not be very good. Maybe it is off the bat. Maybe we wait until Red 5. But I'd still just hoard gear before plopping it on Phoenix right away.
  • My suspicion is that Home One will focus on pre-Disney Rebel ships (Original trilogy, EU, etc) while Profundity will focus on post-Disney Rebel ships (Rogue One, Rebels, etc). The outlier here being Outrider, which is an EU ship that will probably synergize with Profundity.

Drinky Crow doesn't mix with Han's Falcon for balance reasons. But the Falcon still synergizes with Home One, so will still probably be better there.

What's this based on? Just vibes. I'm not claiming any inside knowledge--this just seems reasonable, is all.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I would just wait for datacrons on ships…coming to the holotables soon!!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    I would just wait for datacrons on ships…coming to the holotables soon!!

stop-it-mark-wahlberg.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Yeah if you've got ebon hawk, but it's been impossible for me to fit it in so far

Yeah if you've got ebon hawk, but it's been impossible for me to fit it in so far

Did you not realise? This isn't the Executor meta. It's the Ebon Hawk meta. Every other fleet needs Ebon Hawk to have a chance to beat Executor. Executor fleets need Ebon Hawk to be a reliable win over other Executors.

I hope the Profundity isn't just an extension to the Ebon Hawk meta.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Let's just hope it does something about the RNG snorefest that is executor mirror match

Did you not realise? This isn't the Executor meta. It's the Ebon Hawk meta. Every other fleet needs Ebon Hawk to have a chance to beat Executor. Executor fleets need Ebon Hawk to be a reliable win over other Executors.

Only because of the Chaff. Just have to make Profundity give out Chaff and then you don't need EH.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Let's just hope it does something about the RNG snorefest that is executor mirror match

Just take Piett and all crew members to r9 and you won’t need Ebon Hawk. Problem solved.
  • It's pretty difficult to know which ships you'll need without the Profundity kit. Although there are some clues.

Raven's Claw specifically mentions Home One & excludes Scoundrels.

So assuming Han's Falcon & Outrider are going to be used with Profundity is a safe bet.

Probably at least one of the Rebel Tanks also.

I am also expecting a Rebel ship to be the next Conquest reward after Swolo which is likely to be important to the Profundity fleet.

So no. I wouldn't go out of my way to relic other Rebel pilots just yet.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Spill the beans then. Between all the coinflips and enemies having a chance to really zap your RC, and the double taps, and your stuff very easily getting dodged or resisted... there are a couple major points in the battle full of RNG. At the start, if you go first you can get slammed, if you go 2nd you can get slammed. When it comes time for ults, if you don't get it early enough you can be way ahead but the other ship can also get to ult before it's next turn, then it's another executor coinflip regardless of who's ahead more.

• StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    dgree wrote: »
    Spill the beans then. Between all the coinflips and enemies having a chance to really zap your RC, and the double taps, and your stuff very easily getting dodged or resisted... there are a couple major points in the battle full of RNG. At the start, if you go first you can get slammed, if you go 2nd you can get slammed. When it comes time for ults, if you don't get it early enough you can be way ahead but the other ship can also get to ult before it's next turn, then it's another executor coinflip regardless of who's ahead more.

Nah, he's right. There are a few different paths the battle can take, but if you know all the decisions then there are only a couple ways RNG can screw you.

Mostly, though, if you go second, you almost always heal (only exception is if they target HT instead of RC). That little change and your win rate will go way up. I also find it's often better to target their XB if you go 2nd. Easier to kill and you start with an edge.

Edit: and of course, right after that I lose to RNG :joy: I went second, healed RC, hit HT with my HT, targeted and killed their XB, but then my XB wasn't stealthed and they targeted and killed that. I brought out EH but they focused that down next and they got to ult first. It's pretty rare that this plays out this way though.
  • It's pretty difficult to know which ships you'll need without the Profundity kit. Although there are some clues.

So assuming Han's Falcon & Outrider are going to be used with Profundity is a safe bet.

I am also expecting a Rebel ship to be the next Conquest reward after Swolo which is likely to be important to the Profundity fleet.

This makes sense, but it makes me sad. Thematically, to me, what makes the most sense would be:

Home One with Biggs, Wedge, HMF, Outrider

Profundity with Raven's Claw, Phoenix, and U Wings

I don't like this option because Raven's Claw isn't farmable yet, but I feel like ships/pilots that weren't around or prominent in SW media until after the Battle of Scarriff should go with Home One.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member

And there’s also counters to avoid mirrors: FO which is even more reliable than mirrors (95% or so) for standard fleets, and H1 (less reliable) for triple attackers
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    edited August 2022
    It's pretty difficult to know which ships you'll need without the Profundity kit. Although there are some clues.

This makes sense, but it makes me sad. Thematically, to me, what makes the most sense would be:

Home One with Biggs, Wedge, HMF, Outrider

Profundity with Raven's Claw, Phoenix, and U Wings

I don't like this option because Raven's Claw isn't farmable yet, but I feel like ships/pilots that weren't around or prominent in SW media until after the Battle of Scarriff should go with Home One.

Thematically, Kyle Katarn makes more sense with Profundity, but at that time he was on Moldy Crow, so Raven's Claw with Home One seems fine. Likewise, Biggs was actually alive during the Battle of Scariff (though I guess Home One could have been around in theory).

Game-wise, I do almost wonder if Raven's Claw just could replace the Falcon on a Home One fleet with Biggs and Bistan. Not sure if I'll have a chance to test this myself.
  • Tiig wrote: »

And there’s also counters to avoid mirrors: FO which is even more reliable than mirrors (95% or so) for standard fleets, and H1 (less reliable) for triple attackers

Worth pointing out that First Order is largely only a counter if you have Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, otherwise you don’t have the needed pilots at good relic levels.

Which, not coincidentally at all, is why I’m working towards Kylo Ren!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »
    Tiig wrote: »

Worth pointing out that First Order is largely only a counter if you have Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, otherwise you don’t have the needed pilots at good relic levels.

Which, not coincidentally at all, is why I’m working towards Kylo Ren!

I mean, you could have the pilots but not quite be to SLKR yet...
  • goodspeed wrote: »
    This question is for any devs that might be willing to answer. Will all the rebel pilots need to be relic for the profundity to be effective against executor? I've worked hard getting ready for the profundity event, and I'm curious if I should continue devoting resources to the pilots (i.e. phoenix) that I otherwise wouldnt gear/relic. I appreciate any guidance.

Wait for some of the theorycrafting to be done and videos to be posted on Thursday/Friday before you make any relic upgrades. It won't count for this GAC anyway, so you'll have time before the next one starts to upgrade what's necessary. Definitely one of the positives of content creators who will do the upgrading to test something new.
  • Stokat wrote: »

Just take Piett and all crew members to r9 and you won’t need Ebon Hawk. Problem solved.

I see a flaw in that idea. Cant quite put my finger on it......