2023 - 20th SWKOTOR anniversary

Devian
669 posts Member
edited August 2022
Will devs pamper us with GL Revan in 2023?
20 years is a huge anniversary to such a phenomenon that brought us Old Republic era as we know.
(This topic is more of a reminder for devs to prepare in advance)

Replies

• I hope not.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    I hope not.

Just out of curiosity, why not?
    I realize some don't want new GLs and some don't like Revan (no idea why though, hes awesome :smile: ) and others want a specific new GL or maybe some other reason I didnt consider.
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    Expect more RotJ characters for the 40th anniversary in 2023.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    The problem with GLs is that they need to make us Relic up underused characters (e.g. Jawa and U'RoR'rrrr'rr'whatever for Jabba) or bring out new Marquee characters for the requirements to unlock them. These two factors make people spend.
    For a GL Revan, we already have all the main characters from KotoR pretty much levelled high-ish because we needed them to unlock Revan, Darth Revan and Malak. So who's left to bring out as a Marquee or an underused character to make us spend getting to Relic? All of my Old Republic characters are already 7* and g12 or higher so it won't take much investment. And that's what a new GL needs to make it worth while for the game devs.

I think the best chance of a new GL - many months from now after Jabba - is a Rebel. And probably a version of Leia. You will need to Relic up the underused Rebels like Princess Leia, Farmboy Luke, Stormtrooper Han, Hoth Rebel Scout / Soldier, possibly even some of Phoenix (if Bad Batch can be justified for Lord Vader, Phoenix can be justified for Leia); and they'll bring out new Marquee charaters like Crix Madine, Bail Antilles and possibly someone like Orrimaarko or even ... Reva? As a a requirement for what helped make Leia a "Legend"? Very formative in her life story ... !
  • Probably n... wait old republic era had Inquisitors, so yeah that's probably next.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    I hope not.

Just out of curiosity, why not?
    I realize some don't want new GLs and some don't like Revan (no idea why though, hes awesome :smile: ) and others want a specific new GL or maybe some other reason I didnt consider.

I realize this post wasnt aimed at me but wanted to give my input.I dont like revan because I think he is too strong. I had full relic teams lose to g12 revan teams and I was using my rebels all relic 3 up with one being 7. And I never played KOTOR so I don't have that nostalgia for him.

I would much rather have a GL Leia before a GL revan. I understand revan can be revan reborn but I'd prefer more original triology stuff. Ie. Red 5 Awing and pilots the Rebel y wing needs a boost a pilot would be nice. I think Norra Wexley flew a y wing at endor. Also B wing is missing . Another Hera as Phoneix Leader with an A wing would be cool. While we're at it Heavy gun zeb. Ezra with blue saber and stun gun. Sabine with jet pack. I can go on.
    I know tomorrow the Profundity makes its debut which I like but won't have for a long time due to r9 and r 8 requirements not to mention 7 star putrider
  • Stenun wrote: »
    The problem with GLs is that they need to make us Relic up underused characters (e.g. Jawa and U'RoR'rrrr'rr'whatever for Jabba) or bring out new Marquee characters for the requirements to unlock them. These two factors make people spend.
    For a GL Revan, we already have all the main characters from KotoR pretty much levelled high-ish because we needed them to unlock Revan, Darth Revan and Malak. So who's left to bring out as a Marquee or an underused character to make us spend getting to Relic? All of my Old Republic characters are already 7* and g12 or higher so it won't take much investment. And that's what a new GL needs to make it worth while for the game devs.

I think the best chance of a new GL - many months from now after Jabba - is a Rebel. And probably a version of Leia. You will need to Relic up the underused Rebels like Princess Leia, Farmboy Luke, Stormtrooper Han, Hoth Rebel Scout / Soldier, possibly even some of Phoenix (if Bad Batch can be justified for Lord Vader, Phoenix can be justified for Leia); and they'll bring out new Marquee charaters like Crix Madine, Bail Antilles and possibly someone like Orrimaarko or even ... Reva? As a a requirement for what helped make Leia a "Legend"? Very formative in her life story ... !

We do have 50R-T, which I don't imagine a ton of people having reliced. And we now have Malgus. Both are OR characters. Malgus alone would make GL Revan a grind, because his PG event won't be here for a year, and they'll probably make it super squad specific to beat (like Jawa or something) which would require building another team to unlock him. They could even add in some other OR characters like Darth Bane, Darth Zanna, Githany, Zayne Carrick, Jarael, Rohlan Dyre and Marn Heirogryph.

I'm a KoToR fan, so seeing more characters added is always a plus. And I'd go after a GL Revan for sure!
  • Personally I’d love to see “The Exile” as a GL, and make revan, traya, nihilus, sion and add atton or Brianna (the handmaiden) as an excess character. Or just baseline add Meetra Surik. I don’t want a revan GL and im a revan simp.
  • Oh my, I hope so ... a GL Revan is by far my wettest dream for the game.

My favorite metas so far was clearly the Revans ...
  • I hope to see the exile soon as well. I prefer KOTOR’s Revan over the SWOTOR’s Revan reborn though- so I don’t need that GL. I imagine we will get something to mark the anniversary - maybe a few Zaalbar shards?
    I would rather they peppered us with some old republic characters and maybe got Satele and Vitiate GLs later.
  • 3 Zaalbar shards please.