Still no gear, relic or mod QoL updates….

So we are now a full year into the promised gear updates with only the first half of P1 out when this should’ve been finished by December….
The promised relic “relief” and mod QoL are now a month and a half announced but nothing pending. Are we really about to have another layer of promised and much needed resource economy updates and QoL go announced then fall to the back burner as empty promises?

Do better CG. This is getting to be beyond embarrassing that you keep making these announced changes but don’t deliver.

Replies

• Datacrons are new dynamic and fun. Splash your cash every two months now and don’t complain.
  • Datacrons are new dynamic and fun. Splash your cash every two months now and don’t complain.

🤢🤮
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Datacrons are new dynamic and fun. Splash your cash every two months now and don’t complain.

Ooor play the game and get your stuff for free

As for the mod change: maybe they showed us the UI first before actually implementing code
  • They stated the mod and relic updates would be with the next Title Update which is roughly a three month cycle. And it's been mentioned for the middle of this month.
  • They stated the mod and relic updates would be with the next Title Update which is roughly a three month cycle. And it's been mentioned for the middle of this month.

Can you link where they said that? I haven’t seen that.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    They stated the mod and relic updates would be with the next Title Update which is roughly a three month cycle. And it's been mentioned for the middle of this month.

I don't have any specific links, but I'm sure it's been noted one of the various Relic/QoL/Mods threads that has been posted in the last month or so. Hope you can get an answer, but all I can offer is patience.

They stated the mod and relic updates would be with the next Title Update which is roughly a three month cycle. And it's been mentioned for the middle of this month.

I don't have any specific links, but I'm sure it's been noted one of the various Relic/QoL/Mods threads that has been posted in the last month or so. Hope you can get an answer, but all I can offer is patience.

I’ve checked those posts, no concrete date other than to say it’s coming in a title update which is TBD.

My patience with gear economy ran out half a year ago and has soured me on any positive announcement they make that doesn’t have a timeline attached to it. Which ironically enough gear changes did and they followed that up with silence and no changes…sigh

Oh well, I do appreciate the constructive and positive conversation regarding this. Much obliged!
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    @Ravens1113 didn't hurt anyone with his post and anyone who doesn't like what he is posting can just simply ignore his post(s) and participate in those that garner your interest.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    @Ravens1113 didn't hurt anyone with his post and anyone who doesn't like what he is posting can just simply ignore his post(s) and participate in those that garner your interest.

you can also do the same with any posts you don't like
  • "Many of you will be happy to hear that our next Title Update will dive deep into the Mods system. With this Title Update we want to focus on the Modding experience as it can take time to manage effectively. We have focused on speeding up the process of upgrading and equipping Mods while also adding several new features to make finding the right mods much easier."

This was from the July SoTG noting the mod update would be in the next Title Update. I don't believe the Relics noted the same, but since it would involve some mechanics changes it's likely it would be included as well. But as we're still awaiting Gear changes from last year it's all assumptions.
  • "Many of you will be happy to hear that our next Title Update will dive deep into the Mods system. With this Title Update we want to focus on the Modding experience as it can take time to manage effectively. We have focused on speeding up the process of upgrading and equipping Mods while also adding several new features to make finding the right mods much easier."

This was from the July SoTG noting the mod update would be in the next Title Update. I don't believe the Relics noted the same, but since it would involve some mechanics changes it's likely it would be included as well. But as we're still awaiting Gear changes from last year it's all assumptions.

Exactly, it would be nice to get some kind of update on when to expect things. Even a “hey we are planning for it here but that may change” is fine. Heck even the gear changes getting delayed would’ve been fine if they would’ve communicated instead of going stone cold silent for a few months.
  • Anyway, back on topic... It would be nice to have some kind of time frame to plan on, even if it needed to be pushed back for any reason. Not knowing, especially with CG's track record, only intensifies player's dissatisfaction.

It would be like if your government stated it would be sending out stimulus checks and you qualified to receive them, but then they never show up. No word. No explanation. Just ignoring the citizens.

Imagine how upset people would be. Then.. just imagine.. if others started complaining that someone kept bringing it up and keeping it in the forefront of everyone's attention. I mean, that's crazy talk right? ... No one would ever do that.. right?
    "Many of you will be happy to hear that our next Title Update will dive deep into the Mods system. With this Title Update we want to focus on the Modding experience as it can take time to manage effectively. We have focused on speeding up the process of upgrading and equipping Mods while also adding several new features to make finding the right mods much easier."

Exactly, it would be nice to get some kind of update on when to expect things. Even a “hey we are planning for it here but that may change” is fine. Heck even the gear changes getting delayed would’ve been fine if they would’ve communicated instead of going stone cold silent for a few months.

To be faaaaair, Crumb said in an interview a couple weeks ago that the gear change was still a thing and some stuff might happen very soon(tm), maybe in the update that will line-up with the Road ahead (RA that might come early to mid september).
    Around 1h-1h05 in the escape podcast below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H3CYd2r2ig
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    "Many of you will be happy to hear that our next Title Update will dive deep into the Mods system. With this Title Update we want to focus on the Modding experience as it can take time to manage effectively. We have focused on speeding up the process of upgrading and equipping Mods while also adding several new features to make finding the right mods much easier."

To be faaaaair, Crumb said in an interview a couple weeks ago that the gear change was still a thing and some stuff might happen very soon(tm), maybe in the update that will line-up with the Road ahead (RA that might come early to mid september).
    Around 1h-1h05 in the escape podcast below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H3CYd2r2ig

Now THIS is a great addition. Thanks Star, I’ll give it a listen. I missed this interview. I’ll give it a listen
  • DashRendar wrote: »
    I like how this thread is just about a Karen gif. I almost forgot what the OG post was about. Give it a solid few hours bf this is shut down. Thought I'd jump in here and contribute absolutely nothing to this conversation.

Best,
    Dash
    To be fair, it’s not like there aren’t already dozens of threads with the same OP already.

Rookie numbers….dozens? You know it’s higher
  • Coulda bumped an old thread.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    Coulda bumped an old thread.

That would be necroing and that’s certainly not allowed
  • Check when Crumb was on the Escape Podcast a few weeks ago. He didn't give any specific answers but mentioned they had to complete phase 1 and teased some good things being announced in the Road Ahead in early to mid Sept. More about mods or other QoL updates than gear iirc. In fact I think he said gear would not be in this RA but he wants to address it soon...
    DashRendar wrote: »
    I like how this thread is just about a Karen gif. I almost forgot what the OG post was about. Give it a solid few hours bf this is shut down. Thought I'd jump in here and contribute absolutely nothing to this conversation.

Best,
    Dash
    To be fair, it’s not like there aren’t already dozens of threads with the same OP already.

Rookie numbers….dozens? You know it’s higher
    I do.

And although that says a lot about you - it says vastly more about how long CG have dragged their heels over this.
  • Spamming is?
  • Pointing what CG has stated in the past as proof something will happen is a fool’s errand, as we all know CG favorite line “subject to change”. They have expanded that line to mean “without notice”. I don’t think I’ll ever understand CG marketing strategy. No social media, few posts on the forums, no posts on Reddit in who knows how long and choosing the smallest CC’s to do interviews….makes no sense. Sadly, this is an example of par for CG’s course.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Check when Crumb was on the Escape Podcast a few weeks ago. He didn't give any specific answers but mentioned they had to complete phase 1 and teased some good things being announced in the Road Ahead in early to mid Sept. More about mods or other QoL updates than gear iirc. In fact I think he said gear would not be in this RA but he wants to address it soon...

So, he provide 0 useful info. It's nice to know hey plan a year Later to make Some comment about how Much they "care" About gear economy when the real thing it's they change nothing, but increasing a lot More the massive bottlenecks.