Admiral Raddus is G11 for this event? Is this a sick joke?

Prev1
So wait - you want him to be R9 for the unlock but we cant use him at R9??

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Replies

• Why restrict what we can bring in other than to make it a waste of time replaying for combos?
  • Events are usually never easy. Have fun!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Range1974
    899 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Well done,CG. We needed an r9 raddus plus a bunch of reliced crews and we get within the event well below that along with an outnumbered fleet. I commend you for again creating game, I don’t enjoy playing. “Have fun”… don’t be dumb.
    Post edited by Range1974 on
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Events are usually never easy. Have fun!

But it's not fun. This is a game, damnit. The "hard" part should be farming. Not gating us behind a G11 Raddus and blocking a ship that we all have and could desperately use for this event.

Not to mention, this event runs for 24 hours. And it's going to take A LOT of time to unlock and max. Just not cool, all around.
  • The whole event is bery badly designed. Cant use your main rebel ships and cant kill Exce in the event because the ship is at 4*. So buy packs or what is the answer to this utter nonsense?
  • I’ve unlocked him and so far even for a 5 star ship he is hot trash. Ackbar seems like a better ship than this one. The moment I take a turn all my ships but one are dead.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Well I’m stuck on the 1st 10 shards…. They start with 4 ships and I just die
  • Astorath
    17 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    this is the dumbest even ever another stupid brainstorm from CG have run tier 1 25 times and have yet to even come close to beating it and that just to start i supported game with relics gear and so much more and now they cant even just give me that i paid for CG
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • 2 hours to get her to 5*. The fleet event is hard, for sure. But the RNG factor will get better as we upgrade the ship and her fleet.

I enjoyed figuring out a lineup that worked. A bit less RNG once I did would’ve been nice, but this is not worse than when Executor was released.
  • Sgtrage wrote: »
    So wait - you want him to be R9 for the unlock but we cant use him at R9??

Is this some kind of sick joke?

pretty sure with executor it was the same with piett, he was g11 in the event but could then use his r8 in the bonus tier
  • That's pretty much what CG does in events. They make it artificially more difficult so that you have to spend 4-5 hours waiting for "perfect" RNG to happen.

They also add a stupid amount of TM loading to the AI as well.

Seriously CG, what's the point of requiring relic 7, 8, 9 pilots for ships that get ONE SHOT by your AI? Why not just make all our pilots level 1 and ships level 1?

"Thanks for spending all the time, energy, resources, and cash on building up these characters. Now enjoy this 'fun' event for the next 4-5 hours while RNG, our employee of the year, frustrates you over and over. Yay, fun!"
  • 2 hours to get her to 5*. The fleet event is hard, for sure. But the RNG factor will get better as we upgrade the ship and her fleet.

I enjoyed figuring out a lineup that worked. A bit less RNG once I did would’ve been nice, but this is not worse than when Executor was released.

I disagree, very much so. The AI didn't one shot at least one of my ships every attempt like this one is doing even on tier 1. (Hey CG? If you wanted us to start with only 2 ships, then you should've just made it that way instead of us bringing in 3 and one immediately gets destroyed because of the FOUR tm loaded AI ships)
  • THIS IS NOT FUN!!!

This horrible event coupled with ALL MY MODS GETTING DELETED!!!

• The event was great. All tiers were very different and interesting, bonus fight included. Just the right amount of difficulty and rng for my taste.
    Also, the different animations for.ultimate depending of the fleet is a very nice touch.
    Now the bad: doing the same battle up to 25 times in a row to 7* the beast is not fun.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    352 posts EA Community Manager
    All feedback has been noted for my next report
  • Going through the tiers was pretty cool. Frustrating for sure at times but enjoyable nonetheless.

For the bonus tier that is refreshable - would it at all be possible to make this a random encounter where the enemy team is either Executor or one of the fleets encountered in the event?
  • All feedback has been noted for my next report

Make sure to add that the “flying health bar” animation is not cool. The enemy ship sits there and the health bar flys over you in the event fighting the exec. Glitchy invisible ship.

• The RNG factor with the bonus tier is very suspicious.

Second attempt on the bonus tier I finished it and it wasn't that difficult. Second attempt after doing a refresh and after 10 attempts I can't get anything to work right. But I'm sure that's TOTALLY coincidental and pure RNG factor. Yep, no way would it be made more difficult the second time...

Maybe one day we'll go back to having skill based events and turn off the 90% RNG option?
  • All feedback has been noted for my next report

Since you're making a report and this is a significant factor, could you pass along that the Y-Wing's Ion Torpedoes ability is pretty well useless? Not only does it get resisted at least half the time, even when you do hit a tank with it, they take a turn and get their protection back immediately. Kinda dumb how lame such a significant capability is, the same one that took down star destroyers? (And yes, mine is maxed out under NOW an R9 capital ship pilot.)

Ion Torpedo should get an accuracy boost AND last at least 2 turns.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    All feedback has been noted for my next report

Since you're making a report and this is a significant factor, could you pass along that the Y-Wing's Ion Torpedoes ability is pretty well useless? Not only does it get resisted at least half the time, even when you do hit a tank with it, they take a turn and get their protection back immediately. Kinda dumb how lame such a significant capability is, the same one that took down star destroyers? (And yes, mine is maxed out under NOW an R9 capital ship pilot.)

Ion Torpedo should get an accuracy boost AND last at least 2 turns.

For the event, I agree. I've given a 7* ship a few battles in my arena shard vs r9 Execs and it doesn't matter diddly squat if Y-Wing gets resisted lol. The fleet is insane.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    They need to change the ships open to mark every time…. And Han should not wiggle its kitten mod for sure let the new ship be as hard as the other one on defense
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Events are usually never easy. Have fun!

🤮
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    My issue with the event is you need to spend almost $200 to max this after doing the event (depends on if you play bonus mission to max or just offer the whole way)....

And this event makes it appear the ship sucks. The event should make me excited to part with the cash, not question whether i should continue to play this game.

Thats the issue.

For the record:
    As a 7 star owner i can assure you it does not suck on offense against anything... but on defense it plays poorly

Question for @CG_SBCrumb & @CG_Tusken_Meathead:

So if i use this on offense in gac and hit the ultimate but still lose.... does the enemy capital ship come back or did it just peace out till the ships all die?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    My issue with the event is you need to spend almost $200 to max this after doing the event

What
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited September 2022
    TVF wrote: »
    My issue with the event is you need to spend almost $200 to max this after doing the event

What

I guess he's talking about the crystals needed to refresh it 24 times

Still cheaper than buying a marquee ($300+)

and this argument only works if you didn't have time to plan for the crystals beforehand and starting with 0 crystals
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Yes
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

What

I guess he's talking about the crystals needed to refresh it 24 times

Still cheaper than buying a marquee ($300+)

and this argument only works if you didn't have time to plan for the crystals beforehand and starting with 0 crystals

No, the argument works if you had enough crystals to do it for free saved up.

Why after playing those tier 1 and 2 battles multiple times to get the right rng would you ever be going 'yeah, lets go all in on this one'.

Shouldnt the event be showcasing how great the ship is?

Why is it designed to be super frustrating?

Thats the exact opposite way to sell this to your players.