Admiral Raddus is G11 for this event? Is this a sick joke?

2Next

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    My issue with the event is you need to spend almost $200 to max this after doing the event

What

I guess he's talking about the crystals needed to refresh it 24 times

Still cheaper than buying a marquee ($300+)

and this argument only works if you didn't have time to plan for the crystals beforehand and starting with 0 crystals

No, the argument works if you had enough crystals to do it for free saved up.
    Which people had plenty of time to do so
  • I’ve to congratulate the developers for creating an event to showcase a premium capital ship and its capabilities and making it look completely useless. What’s the point of gearing characters to high levels and building a roster if you’re not able to use them in the bonus tier? If the bonus tier is intended to showcase the capabilities of the unit then the game should allow the players to mix and match and experiment in it.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    My issue with the event is you need to spend almost $200 to max this after doing the event

What

and this argument only works if you didn't have time to plan for the crystals beforehand and starting with 0 crystals

Why after playing those tier 1 and 2 battles multiple times to get the right rng would you ever be going 'yeah, lets go all in on this one'.

Because you tried it in arena at 4*, found it awesome and wanted to make it even more awesome.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    All feedback has been noted for my next report

Great. Will anyone take it into account this time? Or at least read it?
  • After 20-30 tries Tier 1 and 30-40 Tier 2 i gave up yesterday.
    Today i could win tier 2 , 3 and 4 first try.
    Spend all my hoarded crystals and got 7 Star
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Enas007 wrote: »
    The whole event is bery badly designed. Cant use your main rebel ships and cant kill Exce in the event because the ship is at 4*. So buy packs or what is the answer to this utter nonsense?

Buy packs. Of course (and 5 stars is nice but will still suck). Maybe whale on more relics that won't help, on random trash rebel pilots, then give up and whale on packs. Just whale harder so you don't have to actually play the game, which is intentionally designed to be mostly bad, unenjoyable, and frustrating.

I'll probably wind up just dumping crystals into the packs, simply because the event time is far too short and actually squeezing crystals out of the event is too time-consuming regardless of strategy or effort (and we already invested insane gear and relics!). But I also won't forget how CG treated players investing in this content, and will consider this expression of their policies going forward.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Events are usually never easy. Have fun!

But it's not fun. This is a game, damnit. The "hard" part should be farming. Not gating us behind a G11 Raddus and blocking a ship that we all have and could desperately use for this event.

Not to mention, this event runs for 24 hours. And it's going to take A LOT of time to unlock and max. Just not cool, all around.

Quote and agree, CG please remember this is a mobile game... not fun to spend hours trying again
    Regards
  • Pro tip: Starting lineup. Figure it out or look up any YouTuber who did the work for you.

Outrider, Y Wing, Ghost. Reinforce with Biggs and Cassian's U Wing.

There, cut down the RNG to about a 50/50 shot at winning each attempt. Also be glad it's not like GL ult attempts and you're not losing 999c every time you fail, this could have been worse.

Starting move: the Dispel buffs, mark XB. Focus down XB. If you don't kill it before marked expires and/or it heals, restart. I won probably 80% of the attempts where I opened with mark and kill XB.

The fleet is actually great. My day 1 fleet shard had about a 30% (inexperience is a factor) win rate with traditional Exec, ~50% with triple attacker.

Anyone saying this cap ship is bad probably doesn't have their crew relic 5+ and all 6* mods. If you're trying to run this with a purple Jyn and Pheonix, the fleet will be significantly worse.

The only valid complaint I see is that on defense the AI uses Han's Falcon uses the spin to gain 0% TM at the start of battle (if it is a better starter than Ghost, which remains to be seen since Ghost gets stealth with the dispel). Please remember that Exec got a couple of buffs to its kit and AI to ensure it was better on defense. Patience padawans. I guarantee if you set Profun and Exec on defense in the next GAC and have a reliable 1 or 2 shot for their Exec, you will win every GAC match where your opponent doesn't have Profun. It is another 'GL ship.'
  • Haven't played the event yet. Still working up my reqs the (almost) f2p way.
    (I don't mind micro transactions occasionally when they're a good deal but that's next to never and an entirely different conversation)

I do agree that for an event that is only available for 24 hours once a month: it shouldn't be tuned to such a high RNG that it takes multiple attempts for every attempt given how many replays are needed to collect shards for 7star. Does 3starring an event mean nothing?

I remember the relief I felt when I finally hit 6 star on executor and could auto the last ten battles!

If you've already beaten it and refreshed crystals a SIM option isn't a huge ask! Making the shipment 300 more crystals than the refresh is just insulting and unnecessarily greedy. There's only 24 hours in a day and most of us don't want to spend all of those hours replaying the same battle.

It's bad enough doing the same battle 5 times a day in fleet arena every day for a year. For an average battle of 3min. That totals 5475 minutes or 91 hours a year spent playing the same battle.
    I may have just talked myself into quitting the game with that fact
  • Ultra wrote: »

What

Did you or are you just making up stuff again? I guess if you are talking about solely focusing on one event after playing for many years, sure. I don’t know anyone in my guild from the 30 that unlocked and took it to 7* that had 30k of crystals just sitting around only from free play. Next time just say Git Gud. That would be as helpful.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    I don’t know anyone in my guild from the 30 that unlocked and took it to 7* that had 30k of crystals just sitting around only from free play.

And yet, they exist.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited September 2022

What

Did you or are you just making up stuff again? I guess if you are talking about solely focusing on one event after playing for many years, sure. I don’t know anyone in my guild from the 30 that unlocked and took it to 7* that had 30k of crystals just sitting around only from free play. Next time just say Git Gud. That would be as helpful.

They announced profundity on July 19

Everyone had 2 months to get 30k crystals F2P

What part am I making up?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Starslayer wrote: »

What

Why after playing those tier 1 and 2 battles multiple times to get the right rng would you ever be going 'yeah, lets go all in on this one'.

Because you tried it in arena at 4*, found it awesome and wanted to make it even more awesome.

And if you are stuck in those tiers still due to the rng factor?
  • Ultra wrote: »

What

Whats your point?

Im not saying you didnt have time to do it f2p. Im saying tier 1 and 2 are so difficult and rng based that they make the ship look bad.

If you are stuck on them, its putting a bad taste in your mouth on the ships ability to win.

Why is the event so hard, when it should be showing you how great the ship is so that you will want to spend your hoard of crystals or your hard earned cash?

I have it full 7 star and it melts other fleets, but that event doesnt make you feel like it can do that
  • After 20-30 tries Tier 1 and 30-40 Tier 2 i gave up yesterday.
    Today i could win tier 2 , 3 and 4 first try.
    Spend all my hoarded crystals and got 7 Star

This is exactly my problem with it.

I did very similar and used money where needed. Only dofference is i did it yesterday.

That multiple attempts makes it unfun and makes the fleet look bad, when its clearly not a bad ship
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

What

Whats your point?

You said you need to spend almost $200. That's wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

What

Whats your point?

You said you need to spend almost $200. That's wrong.

• Pro tip: Starting lineup. Figure it out or look up any YouTuber who did the work for you.

There, cut down the RNG to about a 50/50 shot at winning each attempt. Also be glad it's not like GL ult attempts and you're not losing 999c every time you fail, this could have been worse.

Starting move: the Dispel buffs, mark XB. Focus down XB. If you don't kill it before marked expires and/or it heals, restart. I won probably 80% of the attempts where I opened with mark and kill XB.

The fleet is actually great. My day 1 fleet shard had about a 30% (inexperience is a factor) win rate with traditional Exec, ~50% with triple attacker.

Anyone saying this cap ship is bad probably doesn't have their crew relic 5+ and all 6* mods. If you're trying to run this with a purple Jyn and Pheonix, the fleet will be significantly worse.

The only valid complaint I see is that on defense the AI uses Han's Falcon uses the spin to gain 0% TM at the start of battle (if it is a better starter than Ghost, which remains to be seen since Ghost gets stealth with the dispel). Please remember that Exec got a couple of buffs to its kit and AI to ensure it was better on defense. Patience padawans. I guarantee if you set Profun and Exec on defense in the next GAC and have a reliable 1 or 2 shot for their Exec, you will win every GAC match where your opponent doesn't have Profun. It is another 'GL ship.'

Thank you! Strategy and tips appreciated!

I 3 stared the 999c battle differently. Starting lineup is the same, and reinforce Biggs and Cassian (only 2 reinforcement because of only 4 stars)

My strategy is go all in on HT first, Ywing remove protection on HT, and then all focus on HT and killing it. If failing to kill it, just quit and restart. I think I got it second try. Once HT is killed, it is really easy and didn’t lose any ships. I wish CG allow sim 3 stars fight.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I don’t know anyone in my guild from the 30 that unlocked and took it to 7* that had 30k of crystals just sitting around only from free play.

And yet, they exist.

I did. K2 with ~50/50 W/L split, and finishing 1st/2nd in Fleet arena daily, left me with all my 50c x3 refreshes (and 100c x3 on cantina until I had a comfortable 1400/1100/800 stash of I/II/III). It's very doable, folks just have little impulse control, and don't plan for the long haul.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

What

Why is the event so hard, when it should be showing you how great the ship is so that you will want to spend your hoard of crystals or your hard earned cash?

Disagree, I don't want to press auto and watch how awesome my unit is: that's what Marquee events are for.
    Events like this should be fun and it was for me. Best time I spent on the game for a long time, every battle was a struggle and rng made it hard to predict (which is its job), turning each battle into an epic battle where you had to adapt your moves to the situation rng gave you. Nevertheless, I do agree that the 24h window is frustrating, because it's easy not being available to really play the game during a specific day; i would prefer a bigger window for the Journey (like Legendaries) and 24h for the bonus battle.
    And if you are stuck in those tiers still due to the rng factor?

You were talking about "why should I star it if it's awful in the event ?" and I answered that. Now, to answer your additional question, it depends. If you're talking about the journey guide, trials and errors or youtube are your best friends. If you don't have time for it, feelsbadman and I really mean it (hence what I wrote earlier). If you're talking about the bonus battles, you can always pay 250 crystals extra per 10 shards and just buy the packs.

TL;DR: the event was great, full of nail biting battles. But a 5-7 days window for the Journey event (Legendary style) and keeping the 24h window for the bonus battle would be far less frustrating.
  • I will tell you what, CG. Arnald’s video of results in arena compelled me to continue with the nonsense of the event over and over and over again. I feel like we should be able to sim these once we have maxed them out. We also should have the full factions ships available.
    You are trying to get me to buy something. Let me see how great it is while earning it. If the YouTubers stopped streaming, I would probably stop chasing new content. Heck, I’m always an event away from uninstalling it and having more time for another existing hobby.
  • Took it to 5* and stopped, used saved up crystals from the last week or so, GAC winnings, TB, etc. RNG should be a 10-25% influencer, not 75-100%.

I was tempted to buy more to finish it off, but decided not to after seeing some videos about its efficiency at 5*. I've felt a lot better about not spending money on this game as much as I used to. (all my pilots are relic'd and it was still a grind)

We'll see how it goes over the next week or two, but wasting time on an event ruled by RNG isn't fun. If I start and before I even get to move one of my ships is gone, that isn't skill, that's just TM loaded rubbish to make it artificially more difficult without much thought put into adding strategy to challenge players, like the Malak event.

• My 4 stars can beat 7 stars easily so far. So unless they are releasing additional rebels ships that made low star mirror more difficult, I am comfortable in just getting 10 shards per months for the next year or two. I did almost the same with executor. Once I can comfortably winning mirror match consistently, I don’t use crystals to refresh event.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    NERF PROFUNDITY!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you