Kitten mode engaged

Prev1
Drim
359 posts Member
edited September 2022
The new ship does Quick work of the EXE for sure but….. it has on kitten mode for defense any chance you’ll take off the training wheels and make it a a defense ship? No mark at start and Han wiggles at start? Seems like CG got a serious case of kitten mode. Seems crazy to have to take it off defense in arena no?

Replies

• The directly said it’s built to take down Exec on offense and lose to Exec on defense
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Yes but it’s doing all the wrong things. Does EXE open doing the wrong things? No it does not it should put up a fight not kitten attack. And what’s the point to 7* this ship again?
  • I agree... it plays very bad on defense.

It does everything wrong. Its like the AI hasnt played the game before
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Executor was lousy on defense too until they buffed it (The AI and the kit)
  • No offense, but this post sounds like some people whaled on the new fleet and eagerly want to squeeze the last penny of investment out of the usage.

Hey, there are still lots of people who are not privileged to get Profundity this round. Give the F2P community some room to breath. We don't want to auto-lose the match because of your new shiny toy in the next GAC.
  • Ultra wrote: »

So you agree GG should buff the Profundity defense (whether by actual touch up/small rework or just AI twik)?

To be clear- I think the Profundity should preform similar to the Executor on defense (almost impossible to any none GL ship) but I'm perfectly OK with the Profundity lose to the Executor on defense
  • Ultra wrote: »

Well it seems to work on defense against every thing but executor...

Its like the AI is specifically designed to be dumb when you bring exec in against it
  • avihas wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

So you agree GG should buff the Profundity defense (whether by actual touch up/small rework or just AI twik)?

To be clear- I think the Profundity should preform similar to the Executor on defense (almost impossible to any none GL ship) but I'm perfectly OK with the Profundity lose to the Executor on defense

I am not.

I want exec to beat it, as thats good for the game... what i dont like is it beats it because the ai plays super badly.

That said i dont get how they fix that... but its annoying that i cut through them on offense like they literally arent there, then because it doesnt do the right attacks on AI defense, it loses
  • Antario wrote: »
    No offense, but this post sounds like some people whaled on the new fleet and eagerly want to squeeze the last penny of investment out of the usage.

Hey, there are still lots of people who are not privileged to get Profundity this round. Give the F2P community some room to breath. We don't want to auto-lose the match because of your new shiny toy in the next GAC.

To be perfectly honest... you should expect to lose to the shiny new in GAC as f2p on your fist gac with it in play.

Thats how the game works. Like or hate it, thats the deal

But dont worry, set your exec on defense and profun will take in outrider, ywing and han... and solo it with no need to call in another ship.

And thats what, 77 banners?

Thats what will be coming next gac
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    avihas wrote: »

So you agree GG should buff the Profundity defense ?
    No
  • I'm just glad I can beat executor on offence without RNG involvement
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    To be perfectly honest... you should expect to lose to the shiny new in GAC as f2p on your fist gac with it in play.

Thats how the game works. Like or hate it, thats the deal

If that's the way the game should work, then why I'm still in Kyber1 as F2P? LoL

ShaggyB wrote: »
    But dont worry, set your exec on defense and profun will take in outrider, ywing and han... and solo it with no need to call in another ship.

And why shall I do that? You seriously think any player with senses will still put Executor on defense against Profundity?
  • Wait for it ...
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    CG builds a meta fleet to kill EXE but fails to remember that there’s still crystals in fleet arena. The new ship will not help people that are fighting with fleet mafia lockout. The ship is hot garbage on defense literally does nothing to protect itself from EXE attacks and actually is hardcoded not to The ultimate kitten approach from CG.
  • Isn’t this the same as the Negotiator / Malevolence meta? Negotiator stomped Malevolence and vice versa?

Not sure what else you were expecting. It’s delivered what CG said it kitten*.
    * sorry - not sure why you keep typing kitten?

I am not.

I want exec to beat it, as thats good for the game... what i dont like is it beats it because the ai plays super badly.

That said i dont get how they fix that... but its annoying that i cut through them on offense like they literally arent there, then because it doesnt do the right attacks on AI defense, it loses

Would you be in favor of a defensive buff to Exector that didn't allow you to "cut through them on offense" and forced you to play a very very good match to win? That's what you're asking for but in the reverse for Prof.
  • avihas wrote: »

The Exec isn't nearly impossible for any non-GL ship. Considering Profundity is the only other one, and I regularly one-shot opponents' Execs in GAC with my GG fleet, I'm gonna have to say your insinuation isn't in the slightest bit accurate.
  • DO NOT use this ship in GA unless you want to drop quickly.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • The shard mafias are thrilled with this ship their crystal manipulation is safe. This ship is unable to properly defend itself from EXE hard coded to not fight.
  • Let's not forget Geo LSTB is a thing. Maybe it will make the ship missions in there winnable. That's your reason to 7*
  • Drim wrote: »
    The shard mafias are thrilled with this ship their crystal manipulation is safe. This ship is unable to properly defend itself from EXE hard coded to not fight.
    cntj0vmd3dy7.jpeg
    Exactly as they promised.

I am not.

So you're happy that you can beat Exec ridiculously easily, but don't like that the AI is toned down to allow Exec to win on offense? We can complain about lack of communication from CG about many things, but they specifically stated that they want the ships to counter each other on offense. This is apparently the way CG decided to balance the two ships, which is likely easier from a developer standpoint than messing with kits so it's WAI.
  • How’s it holding against non-Executor fleets? If the only thing beating it is Executor then working as designed. If it’s losing (barring a heavy GP differential like a 4* Profundity versus a 7* high relic Negotiator) then something’s borked.

But the intention is attacker wind Profundity vs Executor. Attacker wins Malevolence/Negotiator/Chimera, but loses to Profundity or Executor. Rest are Paper/scissors/rock/lizard/Spock and generally lose to anything in the tier above.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • “Boooo CG never delivers on their promises” and “Booo CG delivered on their promise” in the same breath in this complaint. Annoyed that you win Exec vs Prof and annoyed you win Prof vs Exec. Annoyed that there’s a balanced meta.

Silly.
  • Isn’t this the same as the Negotiator / Malevolence meta? Negotiator stomped Malevolence and vice versa?

Isn’t “kitten” an auto-filter for swearing in posts?
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    rpo9rccjqebk.jpeg
    Isn’t this the same as the Negotiator / Malevolence meta? Negotiator stomped Malevolence and vice versa?

• Drim
    359 posts Member
    My rant is over if your all good with this fine. Let’s recode JMK not to use his special on CAT because that would just be too hard on defense…
  • Drim wrote: »
    My rant is over if your all good with this fine. Let’s recode JMK not to use his special on CAT because that would just be too hard on defense…

We’re not saying the AI shouldn’t change. We’re saying that if it’s still succeeding on defense against the tiers of capital ships beneath it, then it’s not such a big deal because—overall—it’s still operating where they want it to: at the top, tied with Executor.

If it’s losing regularly to lesser (but relatively equal-powered) fleets then that’s a problem that needs to be addressed.

But we’re very few of us saying “Nah, man, everything is fine, no worries.” We’re saying it’s not a gamebreaker, the way Executor’s AI and early tier 6 abilities were.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Isn’t this the same as the Negotiator / Malevolence meta? Negotiator stomped Malevolence and vice versa?

No
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

No

Oh. News to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯