Relic material farming on a budget

Relics are one of my least favorite parts of character development. While farming for the signal parts from cantina are not my biggest concern my biggest beef is with the gear salvage portion. I'm not bashing on the difficulty of getting past relic 5 because obviously that's not too horribly bad but what I find to be the biggest problem is getting past the first few relic levels where you need like 40 pieces of converted material and youd think that this part of the process would be the easiest given that relic 1 and beyond should be a no brainer. However this isn't the case as some of the first relic levels require salvage that cant be farmed from most shipments or battles but instead from raids and since raids are notorious for not rewarding us with useful salvage how do you other players go about relicing your toons? I dont really want to invest 1000s of crystals just to grab enough materials to make one small part of a relic especially when I'm only working with about 200 crystals coming in a day

Replies

• What material do you need exactly?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I don’t understand your idea that most of the early relic mats can’t be farmed for. Every relic mat needs stuff that can be farmed.
  • Light Side 1-E (normal) drops 5 items that have a 6 point conversion rate for Carbonite Circuit Boards. The Circuit Boards are the things I'm always lowest on, so for 6 energy per Sim, it's the node I always go to.