Challenge feat wrong

Level 10 of the current challenge says gain taunt 3 times for one of the feats. It apparently requires 5 not 3. When I did get it, the feat acknowledgment screen said 5 and not 3.

Replies

• 5 is for the lower teirs that require characters, which often does have slightly different requirements for these ship challenges.
    also from memory this challenge needs taunts to be acquired from abilities not from passives like sun fac for example
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    5 is for the lower teirs that require characters, which often does have slightly different requirements for these ship challenges.
    also from memory this challenge needs taunts to be acquired from abilities not from passives like sun fac for example

The passive thing seems right. But the wording for higher tier is still wrong.
  • Well it's ships, they don't much care how things work in fleets. even if the fleet AI is a cheating piece of garbage they are ambivalent to it, so why should this matter?

Thanks for pointing it out though!
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    How does the fleet AI cheat?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

• Clearly the ai just has a good gaming chair
  • I'm waiting for AI to ask on the forum why they were banned
  • When you go to pick your ally slot in dark or light side battles, the AI often has 3* characters at G13 or Relic. It's so blatant. Shameful that CG hasn't banned AI yet. Now we know why SkyNet felt so bold.
  • Oh, come ON, CG.

If you don't want Sun Fac to count, then tell us that SF doesn't count. It's not that hard. You just change the description. You don't have to make the feat easier.

Me, I think it's a bug b/c apparently Hound's Tooth passively regaining taunt DOES count. Don't know why it would and SF wouldn't, but there you go.

In any case, just provide accurate info please, CG? Please?
  • Looking at the mechanics on swgoh.gg, Sun Fac's taunt doesn't count at all because the way it's coded is that the enemy ship applies the taunt on Sun Fac.

Similar to how IG-88 lead never works for DoT feats.
  • I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm saying that the an enemy ship with a buff applies taunt to SF in the same way that an enemy ship with Breach applies taunt to HT on the turn that HT loses it.

You can mess around with the language if you like, but it's plainly an incoherent variance. The feat says "gain taunt" -- it doesn't say from what source -- and there's no rational distinction to be made between gaining taunt if the enemy has a buff and gaining it if the enemy has a debuff.

I don't care if they rewrite the description to match the bugs, but this can't be defended as a principled distinction on CG's part. It's just sloppy coding in counting who has or hasn't gained Taunt.
  • I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm saying that the an enemy ship with a buff applies taunt to SF in the same way that an enemy ship with Breach applies taunt to HT on the turn that HT loses it.

You can mess around with the language if you like, but it's plainly an incoherent variance. The feat says "gain taunt" -- it doesn't say from what source -- and there's no rational distinction to be made between gaining taunt if the enemy has a buff and gaining it if the enemy has a debuff.

I don't care if they rewrite the description to match the bugs, but this can't be defended as a principled distinction on CG's part. It's just sloppy coding in counting who has or hasn't gained Taunt.

I'm not messing around with the language. The ability text has always been garbage and unreliable.

The code is all that matters.

I'm not defending it, I just stopped caring about how it "should" work a long time ago. I just try to explain why it's functioning the way it is.