[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: September 2022 - MODs and Stuff

Replies

  • Options
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Seems unlikely given the current 28 day cadence of TB, TW, Conquest, and GAC.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Seems unlikely given the current 28 day cadence of TB, TW, Conquest, and GAC.

    Unless they reduce the number of phases

    36 hour phases are for 4 waves, so if the new TB is 2 or 3 waves, you have more time to do battles at your own convenience, i wonder if they will get rid of deployment since that is a pain for guilds to co-ordinate around
  • Options
    4x3 days +2 days rest rather than 4x1,5 days + 8 days rest is always a possibility. You’ll have things to do more often, but less ‘fully packed’ days.
  • Options
    CG: You claim to be listening to us players, but you're not hearing us. Wake up and shove the dummy back in the box who's making decisions that aggravate players continuously.

    This is a dumpster fire in the middle of a city on fire surrounded by a forest fire, on Mercury.
  • Options
    Have the Phase 1 gear changes been implemented yet?

    "We also have a few more changes for Phase 1 of the Gear Changes that we want to wrap up in the near future. There are 2 changes that will be happening soon:

    We will be adding important Gear to hard nodes to allow you to get some Gear while farming character shards
    Adding Core Gear to Shipments for Shard Shop Currency
    "
  • Options
    Have the Phase 1 gear changes been implemented yet?

    "We also have a few more changes for Phase 1 of the Gear Changes that we want to wrap up in the near future. There are 2 changes that will be happening soon:

    We will be adding important Gear to hard nodes to allow you to get some Gear while farming character shards
    Adding Core Gear to Shipments for Shard Shop Currency
    "

    the second one has, yes
  • Options
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Ew no thank you!

    36 hours is perfect. 12 hours would be a nightmare.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.
    30 minutes for 6 battles? I guess if you don’t want 4/4 in them all you could be that quick.
  • Starslayer
    2422 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.

    You mean on top of the 30mn i need for gac, the 30mn i need for conquest and the 15 to 30mn i need for dailies, misc events and fleet arena ? Not every round, no.

    Edit: but weirdly enough, i would be ok if this tb would be 1 round per week during 3-4 weeks on top of existing content. Probably won’t happen though, so doesn’t really matter.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.
    30 minutes for 6 battles? I guess if you don’t want 4/4 in them all you could be that quick.

    Well, DS Geo I get 4/4 on all the battles in about 10 minutes or so (because auto). LS Geo I don't drop waves except for the p2 GAS mission and p4, and yeah, only takes 30 minutes. I can time it next week if you want.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.

    You mean on top of the 30mn i need for gac, the 30mn i need for conquest and the 15 to 30mn i need for dailies, misc events and fleet arena ? Not every round, no.

    Maybe if you're doing that much all at once. Have you tried spreading it out throughout an entire day?
  • Starslayer
    2422 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.
    30 minutes for 6 battles? I guess if you don’t want 4/4 in them all you could be that quick.

    Well, DS Geo I get 4/4 on all the battles in about 10 minutes or so (because auto). LS Geo I don't drop waves except for the p2 GAS mission and p4, and yeah, only takes 30 minutes. I can time it next week if you want.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.

    You mean on top of the 30mn i need for gac, the 30mn i need for conquest and the 15 to 30mn i need for dailies, misc events and fleet arena ? Not every round, no.

    Maybe if you're doing that much all at once. Have you tried spreading it out throughout an entire day?

    If the solution is ‘build your life around it’, then it’s a problem.

    And about the ‘it only takes 30mn’: what i’m whining about is that i want to have the time to enjoy the new content. I doubt very much the new battles will take only 5mn each, at least the first few months. Well, except if i get smashed first wave, of course.

    I made a similar post before conquest, asking if we could have conquest first two weeks and tb last two weeks in a month. Still think it will be the way to go btw.

    The main issue i have with the game is those fully packed days(conquest+gac+tw/tb). If it could be corrected in some way it would be awesome, for me at least. There, i stop whining now.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.
    30 minutes for 6 battles? I guess if you don’t want 4/4 in them all you could be that quick.

    Well, DS Geo I get 4/4 on all the battles in about 10 minutes or so (because auto). LS Geo I don't drop waves except for the p2 GAS mission and p4, and yeah, only takes 30 minutes. I can time it next week if you want.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.

    You mean on top of the 30mn i need for gac, the 30mn i need for conquest and the 15 to 30mn i need for dailies, misc events and fleet arena ? Not every round, no.

    Maybe if you're doing that much all at once. Have you tried spreading it out throughout an entire day?

    If the solution is ‘build your life around it’, then it’s a problem.

    And about the ‘it only takes 30mn’: what i’m whining about is that i want to have the time to enjoy the new content. I doubt very much the new battles will take only 5mn each, at least the first few months. Well, except if i get smashed first wave, of course.

    I made a similar post before conquest, asking if we could have conquest first two weeks and tb last two weeks in a month. Still think it will be the way to go btw.

    The main issue i have with the game is those fully packed days(conquest+gac+tw/tb). If it could be corrected in some way it would be awesome, for me at least. There, i stop whining now.

    No need to change your life, just fit the game in where you have time. It's what I do. I do fine at GA, get Conquest red crate every time, perfect DSTB waves, 65+ LSTB waves, though I only get my spot in fleet arena when I happen to have time during that 2 hour period.

    I fully agree that Conquest should be paired with DSTB instead of LSTB, but CG has told us they don't about our opinion so might as well learn to live with it at this point.

    Sure everyone is in a different position, but adding more downtime to an event that already has way too much downtime I think is a bad move.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.
    30 minutes for 6 battles? I guess if you don’t want 4/4 in them all you could be that quick.

    Well, DS Geo I get 4/4 on all the battles in about 10 minutes or so (because auto). LS Geo I don't drop waves except for the p2 GAS mission and p4, and yeah, only takes 30 minutes. I can time it next week if you want.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.

    You mean on top of the 30mn i need for gac, the 30mn i need for conquest and the 15 to 30mn i need for dailies, misc events and fleet arena ? Not every round, no.

    Maybe if you're doing that much all at once. Have you tried spreading it out throughout an entire day?
    I get 70+ waves each LSTB, and I think 30 minutes is very much understating the time involved. Especially in p4, and especially if you use Mon Mothma.

    Not everyone can spend their whole day dipping in and out of swgoh either.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.
    30 minutes for 6 battles? I guess if you don’t want 4/4 in them all you could be that quick.

    Well, DS Geo I get 4/4 on all the battles in about 10 minutes or so (because auto). LS Geo I don't drop waves except for the p2 GAS mission and p4, and yeah, only takes 30 minutes. I can time it next week if you want.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If the next tb is full of interesting battles, would you consider giving us more time to do them ? More often than not i have to just press auto and do something else because i can’t find the time in a 36h window to properly do 5-6 battles of 8 waves each.

    Is this serious? Over the course of 36 hours you can't find 30 minutes (total) to do 6 battles?

    I still hope they cut it back to 12 hours, as originally planned.

    You mean on top of the 30mn i need for gac, the 30mn i need for conquest and the 15 to 30mn i need for dailies, misc events and fleet arena ? Not every round, no.

    Maybe if you're doing that much all at once. Have you tried spreading it out throughout an entire day?
    I get 70+ waves each LSTB, and I think 30 minutes is very much understating the time involved. Especially in p4, and especially if you use Mon Mothma.

    Not everyone can spend their whole day dipping in and out of swgoh either.

    Well, TB is in a few days. I'll do it all at once and time it. I do use MM, and that battle is long, but everything else is over pretty quickly.

    For reference in a "down" week, I average 47m of screen time a day for swgoh.
  • Options
    I've had a lot of mk8 neurosaav electrobinocular salvage show up in the dedicated shard shop slot. I'm assuming it should be the component rather than the salvage, as a similar issue occurred during the initial phase 1 changes. Could you raise it with CG please @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • CrispyFett
    1009 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hopefully CG will review the player feedback on calibrations and get rid of the possibility to roll a worse stat than the one you discarded. Just a waste or resources and attempts. I would like to get rid of rolling the same stat you chose to discard, but it seems like some people like doing that to try and get an even better slice for the same stat. While I'm sure they won't do it, it would be nice to allow the player to choose which stat will get the new slice, instead of it being random. This is pretty high end modification after all, not only are you getting your mods up to the highest level, but then calibrating the specific secondary stat slices. By that point, you should be able to choose. Also- is there an equal chance of each stat rolling? I may just be unlucky, but my last 6 attempts all rolled the same stat i wanted to discard (one time the stat was worse, one time the same)
  • Options
    What happens to leftover mats? What will 100 MK2 set 3 mats turn into once set 5 arrives?
  • Options
    Crazy idea, amend the road ahead and fix the freeze issue that you have known about for weeks :D
  • Options
    I wish we don't see soft locks in the road ahead, that's all. or at least rollback whatever happened before the lock, why are my fleets spent if you know the battle never loaded? Can you really not come up with a mechanism to give me team back when it is your fault the game froze?
  • Options
    delaroxx wrote: »
    I wish we don't see soft locks in the road ahead, that's all. or at least rollback whatever happened before the lock, why are my fleets spent if you know the battle never loaded? Can you really not come up with a mechanism to give me team back when it is your fault the game froze?

    That is harder than one might expect, since the game only gets a start and end message. If you force quit the app mid battle, whats going to happen?
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    delaroxx wrote: »
    I wish we don't see soft locks in the road ahead, that's all. or at least rollback whatever happened before the lock, why are my fleets spent if you know the battle never loaded? Can you really not come up with a mechanism to give me team back when it is your fault the game froze?

    That is harder than one might expect, since the game only gets a start and end message. If you force quit the app mid battle, whats going to happen?

    It's not hard. If it were server side it would be quite easy and would also get rid of a lot of cheaters in the process.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    delaroxx wrote: »
    I wish we don't see soft locks in the road ahead, that's all. or at least rollback whatever happened before the lock, why are my fleets spent if you know the battle never loaded? Can you really not come up with a mechanism to give me team back when it is your fault the game froze?

    That is harder than one might expect, since the game only gets a start and end message. If you force quit the app mid battle, whats going to happen?

    It's not hard. If it were server side it would be quite easy and would also get rid of a lot of cheaters in the process.

    But the game is not server sided. And that doesnt solve the force quit problem
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    delaroxx wrote: »
    I wish we don't see soft locks in the road ahead, that's all. or at least rollback whatever happened before the lock, why are my fleets spent if you know the battle never loaded? Can you really not come up with a mechanism to give me team back when it is your fault the game froze?

    That is harder than one might expect, since the game only gets a start and end message. If you force quit the app mid battle, whats going to happen?

    It's not hard. If it were server side it would be quite easy and would also get rid of a lot of cheaters in the process.

    But the game is not server sided. And that doesnt solve the force quit problem

    That's why I said if it were...
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    delaroxx wrote: »
    I wish we don't see soft locks in the road ahead, that's all. or at least rollback whatever happened before the lock, why are my fleets spent if you know the battle never loaded? Can you really not come up with a mechanism to give me team back when it is your fault the game froze?

    That is harder than one might expect, since the game only gets a start and end message. If you force quit the app mid battle, whats going to happen?

    It's not hard. If it were server side it would be quite easy and would also get rid of a lot of cheaters in the process.

    But the game is not server sided. And that doesnt solve the force quit problem

    That's why I said if it were...

    Other games of this type aren't server sided either. Yet they have no such problem because of consistency checks.
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    delaroxx wrote: »
    I wish we don't see soft locks in the road ahead, that's all. or at least rollback whatever happened before the lock, why are my fleets spent if you know the battle never loaded? Can you really not come up with a mechanism to give me team back when it is your fault the game froze?

    That is harder than one might expect, since the game only gets a start and end message. If you force quit the app mid battle, whats going to happen?

    It's not hard. If it were server side it would be quite easy and would also get rid of a lot of cheaters in the process.

    But the game is not server sided. And that doesnt solve the force quit problem

    That's why I said if it were...

    Other games of this type aren't server sided either. Yet they have no such problem because of consistency checks.

    Not sure I believe that, but there are a couple of hurdles which is likely why it never happened. The game would have to send a "I'm about to start" message when you click battle, and another "okay I actually started" when you get to the battle. This could introduce other issues, and is more work than what they did.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    delaroxx wrote: »
    I wish we don't see soft locks in the road ahead, that's all. or at least rollback whatever happened before the lock, why are my fleets spent if you know the battle never loaded? Can you really not come up with a mechanism to give me team back when it is your fault the game froze?

    That is harder than one might expect, since the game only gets a start and end message. If you force quit the app mid battle, whats going to happen?

    It's not hard. If it were server side it would be quite easy and would also get rid of a lot of cheaters in the process.

    But the game is not server sided. And that doesnt solve the force quit problem

    That's why I said if it were...

    Other games of this type aren't server sided either. Yet they have no such problem because of consistency checks.

    Not sure I believe that, but there are a couple of hurdles which is likely why it never happened. The game would have to send a "I'm about to start" message when you click battle, and another "okay I actually started" when you get to the battle. This could introduce other issues, and is more work than what they did.

    What exactly don't you believe?
Sign In or Register to comment.