MaruMaru wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    delaroxx wrote: »
    I wish we don't see soft locks in the road ahead, that's all. or at least rollback whatever happened before the lock, why are my fleets spent if you know the battle never loaded? Can you really not come up with a mechanism to give me team back when it is your fault the game froze?

That is harder than one might expect, since the game only gets a start and end message. If you force quit the app mid battle, whats going to happen?

It's not hard. If it were server side it would be quite easy and would also get rid of a lot of cheaters in the process.

But the game is not server sided. And that doesnt solve the force quit problem

That's why I said if it were...

Other games of this type aren't server sided either. Yet they have no such problem because of consistency checks.

Not sure I believe that, but there are a couple of hurdles which is likely why it never happened. The game would have to send a "I'm about to start" message when you click battle, and another "okay I actually started" when you get to the battle. This could introduce other issues, and is more work than what they did.

What exactly don't you believe?

The thing you said.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    delaroxx wrote: »
    I wish we don't see soft locks in the road ahead, that's all. or at least rollback whatever happened before the lock, why are my fleets spent if you know the battle never loaded? Can you really not come up with a mechanism to give me team back when it is your fault the game froze?

That is harder than one might expect, since the game only gets a start and end message. If you force quit the app mid battle, whats going to happen?

It's not hard. If it were server side it would be quite easy and would also get rid of a lot of cheaters in the process.

But the game is not server sided. And that doesnt solve the force quit problem

That's why I said if it were...

Other games of this type aren't server sided either. Yet they have no such problem because of consistency checks.

Not sure I believe that, but there are a couple of hurdles which is likely why it never happened. The game would have to send a "I'm about to start" message when you click battle, and another "okay I actually started" when you get to the battle. This could introduce other issues, and is more work than what they did.

What exactly don't you believe?

The thing you said.

Ok, I can't say I know the details of technicalities. But I'm perfectly sure raid and marvel is not cheatable in this manner from their initiation and that they are also client sided. I don't care all that much if you don't believe it, if you are interested enough you can ask their communities and will hear the same.
  • Since Malgus got here, can we mirror the lego set and get a Sith Fury Interceptor with Malgus and SET.

lol thanks for the consideration, because you know... it was the baddest lego set ever, also a super cool ship in canon.

77f50x8cqvef.jpg
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    I remember big threads like this would have thousands of comments ... now is so sad to see this dying game that is constantly being made worse. Keep ur nonsense CG. The road ahead is good only for u guys as u refuse to listen to the fan bass and all the ideas to make it fun. Congrats on destroying the game and letting players retire due to stupid mechanics
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Oh, cant wait for the number of participation for the inquisitors ship in conquest. Forcing down a ship from a fraction that is disappointing is disappointing. Maybe u should get the inquisitors to be more powerful OUTSIDE of DC and conquests and do what it was suppose to. But guess it is too late as there are other counters to GMK CAT.
  • In case ur wondering what I'm talking about. Here you go, since u don't do maintenance for this discussion board as well

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/259825/is-anyone-else-demotivated-this-conquest#latest

• I think the road ahead is fairly good. CG have developed another raid, yes it is going to be hard and I doubt my guild will get there as we only manage 15 stars is LSTB Republic offensive. But something to work towards. Gear and economy sound ok to me, happy to have accelerated sub G11 pieces bar a few. Not too keen on the savenger halving - the only piece I used are the Mk3 Holo projectors. But if the drop rate doubles and you get twice as many in the stores, then that shouldn't hinder me too much. So all in all, well done CG, good update.