Star Wars RPG same style as Skyrim

Prev1
Zakhary
76 posts Member
How cool would it be to play a game like Skyrim but in the Star Wars universe. You could pick race(mandalorian, wookie, human, twilek, etc.), class(jedi, bounty hunter, sith, night-sibling, pilot/engineer, etc.), and upgrade skills/attributes(blaster recoil, speed, force powers, health, etc.)

Now I understand that games are very focused on online multiplayer. But I grew up when one player star wars games were awesome. Super return of the jedi, shadows of the empire, some of the pc games all brought elements that a multiplayer game cant bring.

This is just something i would love to see. I understand that it will most likely never happen. Anyone agree?

Replies

• Heck yeah, personally it'd be nice if it were a little simpler than skyrim, but to each they're own. I'd still play though.

What is cool about skyrim is you can be about anything you want. A really huge game possibility (which as big as skyrim and gta v are, should be no problem), would be to have multiple planets to travel to. A game that big could open up allies and enemies from all the EU as well.
  • As long as it has a better combat system than Skyrim.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Zakhary wrote: »
    How cool would it be to play a game like Skyrim but in the Star Wars universe. You could pick race(mandalorian, wookie, human, twilek, etc.), class(jedi, bounty hunter, sith, night-sibling, pilot/engineer, etc.), and upgrade skills/attributes(blaster recoil, speed, force powers, health, etc.)

Now I understand that games are very focused on online multiplayer. But I grew up when one player star wars games were awesome. Super return of the jedi, shadows of the empire, some of the pc games all brought elements that a multiplayer game cant bring.

This is just something i would love to see. I understand that it will most likely never happen. Anyone agree?

+1 I've been saying this would be an awesome idea since oblivion came out... of course a better combat system than bethesda's would need to be implemented.
  • Zakhary wrote: »

+1 I've been saying this would be an awesome idea since oblivion came out... of course a better combat system than bethesda's would need to be implemented.

• Jamito
    316 posts Member
    I lived in Skyrim for months. It took over all my free time. Great game
  • The game was already out in early 2000...Star Wars Galaxies...it has since been closed ...an updated version would be sweet
  • did anyone ever play sonny? It was like this too..
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    The KOTOR games were sort of like these games just not as much freedom. It might be worth a look.
    Post edited by KamikazeRhombus on
  • They have Star Wars mods for Skyrim. Although the fact that someone can block your "lightsaber" with a wooden shield was immersion breaking.
  • Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    They have Star Wars mods for Skyrim. Although the fact that someone can block your "lightsaber" with a wooden shield was immersion breaking.
    Sounds like one hell of a shield, tusken raiders should look into this so their whole tribes don't get slaughtered everytime there's an emotional jedi looking for revenge.
  • Lol your lightsaber is literally just a giant glow stick than.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
    I've never had a problem with the combat system in skyrim. But I do think light sabers would need a lot of work to get right.
    I've never had a problem with the combat system in skyrim. But I do think light sabers would need a lot of work to get right.

Have you played Dark Souls? I know I can't go back to the Skyrim combat system (for melee anyways).
  • It would be difficult to pull off. Skyrim and games like then are set in one world. Easy to make an open world game in that fashion. Star Wars without the ability to travel to other worlds wouldn't be Star Wars. Coding 6 or 7 open worlds even remotely the size of the one in Skyrim and fitting it all on one disc would be impossible.

The closest thing I can think of in the single player realm is Dark Forces 2. And it's not open world.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    It would be difficult to pull off. Skyrim and games like then are set in one world. Easy to make an open world game in that fashion. Star Wars without the ability to travel to other worlds wouldn't be Star Wars. Coding 6 or 7 open worlds even remotely the size of the one in Skyrim and fitting it all on one disc would be impossible.

The closest thing I can think of in the single player realm is Dark Forces 2. And it's not open world.

You can go from Skyrim to Solstenheim or whatever it's called. Something like that would work with a cutscene between worlds.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Lets say the game takes place on three separate systems. Of course you would have a loading screen between each one. But I believe three systems would be enough to make the story and gameplay dynamic. Yes I agree the lightsaber dueling would need to be slightly better than skyrim combat. I just have hope that a real star wars fan who works for a developer will make this happen. Maybe they can spend more time/money/effort on this game if they just skip the LEGO games. Lol
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Kind of sounds like KOTOR.
  • Magisto wrote: »

I never played kotor, but i looked up a video of gameplay. It seems there is a misunderstanding. The combat in the game I am suggesting would be much more fluent and less like an old gameboy rpg. No point and click and waiting for attacks over time.

Also, kotor looks severely outdated and the dialogue, from what I could tell, was lacking.
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Zakhary wrote: »
    Magisto wrote: »

I never played kotor, but i looked up a video of gameplay. It seems there is a misunderstanding. The combat in the game I am suggesting would be much more fluent and less like an old gameboy rpg. No point and click and waiting for attacks over time.

Also, kotor looks severely outdated and the dialogue, from what I could tell, was lacking.
    Closest thing I could think of.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member

Skyrims combat is terrible.
  • Snake2 wrote: »

ur mom's combat is terrible
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    #SAVAGE #REKT #BTFO
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »

She's has a high bed skill tho...
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »

True. Probably only has like level one in daggers or some such
  • Skyrim combat seems 100 times better than kotor from what i could tell in the video. But i agree a lightsaber fight could not be the same quality as skyrim combat. Im thing more like battlefront combat. Obviously you would be less accurate with blasters or have less chance of blocking with sabers at lower levels. Similar progression to skyrim.
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    If the combat was anything like the Batman: Arkham games, I'd give them direct access to my bank account.
  • @thecuriousocelot Sonny, you say? Sounds familiar ;)
  • Ogunn
    31 posts Member
    Rogue613 wrote: »
    The game was already out in early 2000...Star Wars Galaxies...it has since been closed ...an updated version would be sweet

I loved galaxies. Played a few years on Flurry. Best swg ever made. Kotor 1&2 are up there too.
  • Zanhaep
    358 posts Member
    Isn't this just SWTOR?