Thoughts on new Community Event?

Prev1
So this is a thread just to discuss what do u all think about the new community event? Personally im not so impressed but that's just my opinion.. I wish they could have come up with something new.. Maybe introduce a new unplayable sith where u gtta use your team to take him down.. With a maybe a small story to build it up and make things a little interesting...

Replies

• I think it's pretty interesting. I love Rey especially after watching the movie. I just wish her shards were easier to come by.
  • moddom wrote: »
    I think it's pretty interesting. I love Rey especially after watching the movie. I just wish her shards were easier to come by.

Hmm i just feel there's not much difference except we get 10 shards for Rey which is no doubt.. Its Awesome! But we've been fighting Boba Fett even b4 this event.. So i dont really feel there's anything new..
  • You fight boba everytime he is here so it appears that this shards are going to be free - so pretty dem good
  • 3 days of having the droids challenge available? I'm sold on that already, since I'm always running low after some questinable leveling decisions in my early days. Rey is a nice bonus.
  • Just another material grinding day. I don't plan on going for Rey, so the 10 shards will sit untouched. However, I'm sure it will serve as a catalyst for others to go for her. To each their own.
  • I think it's great. Zero extra effort but additional reward. Don't know about you, but I'd like to actually spend some time with my family over Christmas, so stuff like this suits me just fine.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Honestly? I think it's pretty weak. It's not actually an event, it's the same challenges on the same days as usual. 10 shards for a character that is nearly impossible to grind is also a pretty worthless reward IMO. Others may disagree, of course. I really want Rey but it would take me 2 months of grinding to unlock her, at 16 energy a try, so I don't even see the point in bothering right now.
    The setup is also weird. Are they really going to announce at the end that only 64.3% of players did the challenges so there's no reward? Of course not, they are going to say it was sucessful regardless, even though odds are pretty good that way less than 2/3 of registered players will do those challenges.
    I seriously hope there is more for this for the holiday period, as every other game I have played has had special promotions, fun giveaways, etc. This is pretty lame by comparison.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Honestly? I think it's pretty weak. It's not actually an event, it's the same challenges on the same days as usual. 10 shards for a character that is nearly impossible to grind is also a pretty worthless reward IMO. Others may disagree, of course. I really want Rey but it would take me 2 months of grinding to unlock her, at 16 energy a try, so I don't even see the point in bothering right now.
    The setup is also weird. Are they really going to announce at the end that only 64.3% of players did the challenges so there's no reward? Of course not, they are going to say it was sucessful regardless, even though odds are pretty good that way less than 2/3 of registered players will do those challenges.
    I seriously hope there is more for this for the holiday period, as every other game I have played has had special promotions, fun giveaways, etc. This is pretty lame by comparison.

That's what i think so too.. :(
  • Absolutely disappointing. You want to see a game doing events right? Check out 7 Knights. They are doing events all the time, not just the holidays. This game just screams EA. There's no love for the players, just overpriced microtransactions everywhere, and now we have ads for other games. There's just no respect for the player base, and I can see if this doesn't turn around quickly, the game will drop off hard.
  • 3 days of having the droids challenge available? I'm sold on that already, since I'm always running low after some questinable leveling decisions in my early days. Rey is a nice bonus.

They're always available those three days...

Meh. Its free stuff. No real reason to complain but clearly they could be better. I would have been a lot happier with 5 days of the droid challenge than the normal 3 days + 10 shards.
  • moddom wrote: »
    I think it's pretty interesting. I love Rey especially after watching the movie. I just wish her shards were easier to come by.

Wait a minute did you just say her? I haven't seen the movie yet but i pictured as a man. I am disappointed now :o
  • slmcmr wrote: »
    moddom wrote: »

Wait a minute did you just say her? I haven't seen the movie yet but i pictured as a man. I am disappointed now :o

She's been in all the trailers and posters lol... Her name and gender was never a secret lol.

As much as I appricate the event, it would be nice if the community event ended with getting enough shards to summon Rey. So 10 shards would be the first milestone,then 20 etc and if the community scored high enough then we'd all unlock her.
  • It's pretty lackluster, I mean I'll take the free shards, but it's way less than is needed to unlock the character so they're kind of pointless for the majority of players. A better way to do this would have been some kind of GWish challenge event that gave you a full Rey character unlock upon completion, then a few different community events that if completed would give you enough extra shards to raise her to 5 stars. Maybe 10 shards from the boba fett event, 10 shards from a keycard battle to fight a boss with shared hp so everyone could challenge him once per day over the holidays and work together to whittle him down and give everyone who helped kill him 10 shards when he finally dies, something like that.
  • Justin7402 wrote: »
    It's pretty lackluster, I mean I'll take the free shards, but it's way less than is needed to unlock the character so they're kind of pointless for the majority of players. A better way to do this would have been some kind of GWish challenge event that gave you a full Rey character unlock upon completion, then a few different community events that if completed would give you enough extra shards to raise her to 5 stars. Maybe 10 shards from the boba fett event, 10 shards from a keycard battle to fight a boss with shared hp so everyone could challenge him once per day over the holidays and work together to whittle him down and give everyone who helped kill him 10 shards when he finally dies, something like that.

True... It just doesn't feel like an event to me.. For all the daily players playing this game.. These challenges are something we alwaya do.. Only difference is we're getting 10 shards for it that is only if a certain amount of players really do it...
  • Darkcloud wrote: »
    Justin7402 wrote: »
    It's pretty lackluster, I mean I'll take the free shards, but it's way less than is needed to unlock the character so they're kind of pointless for the majority of players. A better way to do this would have been some kind of GWish challenge event that gave you a full Rey character unlock upon completion, then a few different community events that if completed would give you enough extra shards to raise her to 5 stars. Maybe 10 shards from the boba fett event, 10 shards from a keycard battle to fight a boss with shared hp so everyone could challenge him once per day over the holidays and work together to whittle him down and give everyone who helped kill him 10 shards when he finally dies, something like that.

True... It just doesn't feel like an event to me.. For all the daily players playing this game.. These challenges are something we alwaya do.. Only difference is we're getting 10 shards for it that is only if a certain amount of players really do it...

I feel like they are just testing the waters with how to handle events like these and want to see how this process works out overall. Since I do these dailies regularly anyways the extra 10 shards is kind of nice.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »

I whole heartedly agree. I'm certainly doing my three daily Rey missions as I do inevitably want her; but to call this a holiday event is pathetic.

Hell....I'm still trying to figure out why they chose to give her the staff as her weapon. She had one tiny fight with it in the movie. Her fight scene with the lightsaber was far cooler and longer. But how can I be surprised when they gave Luke Skywalker a blaster rifle when he literally did nothing but get knocked out while holding one....

Anyway, with the amount of money this game has seemingly been raking in, this is a very Scrooge like attempt at giving back to its player base.

In before "just be happy you're getting anything." Yes we get they don't have to.... But it's pretty much become an industry standard to celebrate the Christmas/holiday season in online games. It shows the player base that the devs and producers are engaged with them and care about them as well as the game.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    @Telaan the answer is because that would have been a huge spoiler for the movie. The update came out before most had seen it. You should really edit that comment out of your post.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    It's been out a week now. That combined with everything they showed in all teasers/trailers/sneak peaks they all but screamed her using a lightsaber was in the movie. I knew it would happen before seeing it and I didn't read any spoilers. Not trying to be a ****, but it's kinda unreasonable to expect people not to discuss anything about the movie as it relates to the game on a forum dedicated to them both. Cheers.
  • I can't seem to access the event . Is it live yet ?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Okay, but you can understand them not wanting to give that away before anyone saw the movie. I bet they were told what they were and were not allowed to show.
    Besides, now they can release another Rey later after we spend weeks unlocking this one. ;)

She's been in all the trailers and posters lol... Her name and gender was never a secret lol.

Oops sorry i thought the reward was kylo ren. My bad :)
  • I think it's a pretty weak event. They just slapped a very minor reward to an already existing challenge we do on a regular basis anyway - that's just lazy.

I'd much rather see special events like Raid Bosses, where community members fight a particularly challenging boss together (Rancors, Sarlacs, etc., or already existing enemies with new skins and abilities that require different tactics).

It would also be great if we could actually unlock new characters through events not just shards (kinda like the events in Final Fantasy: Record Keeper).
  • zeekdog
    75 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Ray wrote: »
    I think it's a pretty weak event. They just slapped a very minor reward to an already existing challenge we do on a regular basis anyway - that's just lazy.

I'd much rather see special events like Raid Bosses, where community members fight a particularly challenging boss together (Rancors, Sarlacs, etc., or already existing enemies with new skins and abilities that require different tactics).

It would also be great if we could actually unlock new characters through events not just shards (kinda like the events in Final Fantasy: Record Keeper).

Love the ideas.
    I'm not impressed with only 10 shards, because I won't be able to use her.. I'd have preferred the game had given us a new "playable" character.. like upon the release of the new starwars movie, but this time, we earned her.
    Anyways.. there's a lot of variation and creative ways to go about this game and intrude new characters.. so far most things have gone untapped.

Conclusion: yes I appreciate the shards. Will they matter in the long run? No.. Not really. If I had her unlocked then yes. But until then, she can sit next to anakin at 12 shards, who's been waiting for a month to increase..

As much as I appricate the event, it would be nice if the community event ended with getting enough shards to summon Rey. So 10 shards would be the first milestone,then 20 etc and if the community scored high enough then we'd all unlock her.

This, right here. I love events like this and I want to collect her character, but given the slow grind to get her, it would be awesome to have enough milestones, or tiers, to the challenge to unlock her. I'll welcome the 10 though.

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    I'll second the above. Yes a free something is better than nothing, but not by much when 10 shards for anything but a 1* char is essentially useless.
    A tiered challenge, actually possible, with a real prize like a useful unlocked char if we make it all the way would've been awesome! This? Meh.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • It's free stuff for doing what I was going to do anyway. I'm not MAD, but I am a little disappointed by CG's lack of effort.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    3 days of having the droids challenge available? I'm sold on that already, since I'm always running low after some questinable leveling decisions in my early days. Rey is a nice bonus.

They're always available those three days...

Meh. Its free stuff. No real reason to complain but clearly they could be better. I would have been a lot happier with 5 days of the droid challenge than the normal 3 days + 10 shards.

So they are, I must have misread it as being 3 consecutive days so they'd be in addition to the normal ones. Oh well, still free shards for something I'd do anyway.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    They really seem to be holding back on giving us more content and it has been hinted that they are about to make some changes to the game. Possibly implying some major revamps to PvP. The game just seems awekward at the moment almost as if they haven't agreed upon what they are going to do. They have to be making money but what they will do with it is to be seen. New characters may be necessary but they really need to add some emmersive content.
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Rey is cool in the movie, but she looks about 14 years old. Carrie Fisher was actually younger than Daisy Ridley when she first starred in Star Wars, but unlike Daisy, she didn't look like a **** dream. ****.
  • What would have been good is a holiday shipments store that you could purchase shards for Rey and several other uncommon characters (packs only, few farm nodes that are too hard to reach/3 star), like Maul, Barriss and Lando. :)
    There could have been special credits that you got uniquely for completing certain challenge levels (maybe in a pattern that would allow farming at least every other day) and the cost of the shards would be in accordance with their perceived rarity (based on how many characters have been pulled or manually unlocked, I guess), so Lando would be more expensive compared to Barriss, who has farming nodes. Ideally this would have been running all month, instead of being halfway through some peoples' time off already.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"