Game Freeze while in loading screen

Replies

• s22
    Went to do a conquest battle. Loading into battle resulted in a hard lock up. Had to kill the app. Lost that energy when I went back in.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    They can blame our phones all they want. This ain't our phones, this is the game. Something got bugged in the last update and they need to find it and squash it ASAP. We have GAC going on, TW, Conquest, and this shouldn't be distracting us from playing those. (Plus we have TB coming up too.)

EA help doesn't care because they don't play the game. That "it worked for me!" response is lazy rubbish. It's as if they get paid anyway, so who cares?

CG needs to fix this, regardless of EA being lackadaisical or apathetic.

Yeah but have you followed the basic troubleshooting guide? Bet you haven't, because it's definitely your fault and following the guide will fix this forever.
  • Mine froze while multi-simming a DS Hard node. Not the usual connection error that comes up after a few moments; something new where the game simply got stuck and froze. The sims counted upon logging back in, but I never saw the results screen.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    They can blame our phones all they want. This ain't our phones, this is the game. Something got bugged in the last update and they need to find it and squash it ASAP. We have GAC going on, TW, Conquest, and this shouldn't be distracting us from playing those. (Plus we have TB coming up too.)

EA help doesn't care because they don't play the game. That "it worked for me!" response is lazy rubbish. It's as if they get paid anyway, so who cares?

Yeah but have you followed the basic troubleshooting guide? Bet you haven't, because it's definitely your fault and following the guide will fix this forever.

I dont know if u r being funny but if not than stop trolling others. If u dont have any problem than this doesnt mean others have the same. Stop meddling in others affairs and yes my game also freezed 2 times in gac and lost bloody match due to this.
  • Same problem. Threw away a GL in GAC so I just quit. Freezes in conquest. freezes opening bronziums. Never had this issue prior to the last update.
  • Pixel 6Pro

Seen the freeze multiple times
  • Had 3 crashes in one day of gac. Certain loss now :(
  • Happen to me again today and yesterday.
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead - How many players need to suffer from this issue before CG will decide to do something about it?
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

are you okay?
  • I've lost about 100 conquest energy between yesterday and today because of this. Lost first round of gac because of this, and likely will lose today because of it. BUT I am rocking a 4 battle streak with no problems because I learned i have to clear cache and force stop the game after every battle ... that's fun
  • Hey CG, game froze TWICE more during GAC. C'mon guys, don't ask for much but working code would be nice. @CG_SBCrumb
  • This keeps happening to me too. Has cost me 80 energy just in the last 2 days. Twice yesterday and today which in turn cost me data cache that is desperately needed and there is no other way to get. Fix this please
  • Another conquest freeze, another 20 energy gone. Cool.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I lost 60 tickets when going for gl palp, was to unlock as well which is the kicker, (un)helpful desk doesn't seem to be working to get tickets back
  • I've gotten stuck on several loading screens since the update. Thankfully, most of the time it hasn't been in PVP situations. Only twice in Conquest. I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game. After doing that, I went into GAC to look at my opponent's Rey - got stuck on the screen transition between the squad view and the toon view. I don't even think a ticket being submitted will matter, but it's definitely happening, and randomly. Galaxy S21 Ultra.
  • I had one in GAC R1. Just had another freeze in Conquest

It happens just as the battle loads and you see the spinning circle

I've never had this before. Quite apprehensive now when starting a GAC battle
  • @Ultra
    It's been 3 days already without a fix, and not even an acknowledgement the problem from CG side.
    This bug is starting to spread more and more across the player base.
    Do you have any idea why CG keeping "radio silence" about the issue?
  • Happened to me entering a GAC battle last night. I was on full pace to full clear character nodes for sure. Happened a couple other times doing some PvE stuff so decided to take a break for the evening.

Got up this morning, have only 3 conquest battles to obtain red crate, and second attempt the game froze again.

I really hope we get some good rewards for this. I was in the winners bracket in GAC, and my opponent got stuck on my executor, so I at least still have a VERY GOOD chance at least to win this one. Makes me not want to even get back on the game until this gets resolved because I don't want to keep missing out on rewards.

Note20 btw
  • avihas wrote: »
    @Ultra
    It's been 3 days already without a fix, and not even an acknowledgement the problem from CG side.

Because it's the weekend. Thank goodness that CG likes to push updates mid-weeks so any potential issues (that usually take them a few days to 'notice') can be ignored over the weekend.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • The bug finally caught up to me in GAC.

First battle, no problem.

Second battle, frozen spinner ... down a GL

Third attempt, frozen spinner ... bye bye Starkiller.

I can beat opponents with more GP.

I can beat opponents with more GLs.

I can not beat a bug which consumes squads without even giving me the opportunity to fight.
  • This has happened to me twice on GAC. One on the first round then again on this round. Also dropped a fleet arena match as well :/
  • Yup, this is happening to me as well. Tried bringing my GML in to counter another GL in GAC and the game froze. Lost my GAC match.
  • Its happened to me at least a dozen times in tw, gac, and conquest. just ridiculous
  • happened multiple times to me. just happened again in TW literally a minute ago.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    avihas wrote: »

its the weekend

i was unaware of this issue so i never spoke to CG about it but thanks for the ping, i'll try to see if i can get an update if i remember on monday
  • Just lost a battle in TB due to a freeze when entering battle. No issues in GAC... yet. By monday CG will have to send out lots and lots of free gear to keeps players from going for their throats :/
  • They don't care. They'll fix it "whenever". As long as people keep spending money on SWGOH, that's their priority apparently. I'm sure there are people in CG trying to make the game better, but they aren't the ones making decisions or prioritizing tasks to make the game better.
  • And happened to me again in GAC... loading screen with nothing happening when I entered the battle.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lost another round of gac due to this bug. Loading screen froze in ship battle. Its so disheartening for players. If it was another way around, weekend or no weekend, they would have released the patch.