Game Freeze while in loading screen

Replies

• This keeps happening to me, in conquest and gac. It's costing me crystals in conquest in energy purchased and its costing me crystals and gac in match ups lost. You need to make good on this.
    And just because you can't replicate it you can't just pa us off and tell us it doesn't exist, look at how many people are reporting the same issue
  • Been having error in Conquest and TW. Got a new one yesterday: Heroic Sith raid. Man, this is a pervasive problem. Put my report of "me too" in the bug section, but nothing.

6gxemzd7nu3p.jpg
  • Yeah, client lock up, missing attempt count on ship, issue with material/gear count synchronization, sometimes unable to forfeit a battle during enemy turn, ....

They have done too much UX overhaul, it was definitely going to be buggy.

Unfortunately when you submit a bug, QA take at least 1 day to investigate / replicate the bug, if they can't you are stuck, the issue is, how many bugs submitted it takes for QA or devs to do more deep investigations. If there is no logs on the server side, they can't prioritize the bug since they are lacking the number of occurence, so the more bugs report there is, the more they should put effort to fix it (well except for some bugs that they only resolved 2 years later or some still happening...)
  • Lumiya
    1462 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Happened again in GAC, spinning wheel freezes and after a while screen goes to black, yet the music that plays is the one when you select your squad before entering the battle, so it seem it wants to load the battle but somehow can't.

@DarjeloSalas I never had this problem before the update. The update came and suddenly I have this bug. It's easy to tell that it has something to do with the update.
    My guess is, since they implemented the ability to retreat during enemies turn, that something because of that new mechanic is causing this bug.

Eta: this has cost me at least 1, if not 2 wins in GAC. This needs to be fixed asap and I am really curious, since many players have had these crashes, if there will be some kind of compensation.
    85xuo7nbifk1.jpg
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    @DarjeloSalas I never had this problem before the update. The update came and suddenly I have this bug. It's easy to tell that it has something to do with the update.
    My guess is, since they implemented the ability to retreat during enemies turn, that something because of that new mechanic is causing this bug.
    Of course it’s something to do with the update. I didn’t say it wasn’t.

But it must also be influenced by devices, as many in my guild still have not experienced it, whilst some others have had it multiple times.
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I am really curious, since many players have had these crashes, if there will be some kind of compensation.

Very unlikely.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

But it must also be influenced by devices, as many in my guild still have not experienced it, whilst some others have had it multiple times.

From what I've gathered it's Samsung specific
  • StarSon wrote: »

Nope. Happening on my Google Pixel 2.
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

My Samsung has not had it happen once.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I am really curious, since many players have had these crashes, if there will be some kind of compensation.

Very unlikely.

Well CG should think about it, people missed out on rewards for GAC and other things. It would be the right thing to do and show that they care about their players/customers.
    TVF wrote: »

Very unlikely.

Well CG should think about it, people missed out on rewards for GAC and other things. It would be the right thing to do and show that they care about their players/customers.
    I agree in principle, but there is a huge issue in identifying those affected. Server side, there will be no way of them working out what was a crash and what was a force quit.

And in the past, we’ve seen evidence that some (not many - but not nobody either) forumers are not to be trusted when asked to report who has been affected by something like this.
  • its a problem thats been getting worse and worse, affecting a few then more and more, its a memory leak with the game not freeing up loaded assets.
    I would get it occasionally, more so if I had been playing a while, or gone through the stores, or switched from ships to characters, its easy to replicate if you know what causes it.

5nxfazxczgty.jpg

Very unlikely.

I agree in principle, but there is a huge issue in identifying those affected. Server side, there will be no way of them working out what was a crash and what was a force quit.

And in the past, we’ve seen evidence that some (not many - but not nobody either) forumers are not to be trusted when asked to report who has been affected by something like this.

I understand and in general you are right, it wouldn't be possible to find out who was affected.
    In that case, if you know many were affected but you can't pinpoint who exactly, the best way would be to compensate everyone as a gesture.
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member

Very unlikely.

I understand and in general you are right, it wouldn't be possible to find out who was affected.
    In that case, if you know many were affected but you can't pinpoint who exactly, the best way would be to compensate everyone as a gesture.

Even less likely.
  • TVF wrote: »

Very unlikely.

Even less likely.

Well, aren't we supposed to not think so negative about CG?
  • So any clue on how to avoid this? Lost 1 battle in TW like this, and at least 4 times now in GAC. I can't say it cost me a round of GAC because I had some other losses but it definitely meant I didn't have a chance to clear enough to give myself a chance to win. Getting annoying to say the least. Restart before every battle? That's terribly annoying. On a newer Samsung also.
  • IronRanger wrote: »
    So any clue on how to avoid this? Lost 1 battle in TW like this, and at least 4 times now in GAC. I can't say it cost me a round of GAC because I had some other losses but it definitely meant I didn't have a chance to clear enough to give myself a chance to win. Getting annoying to say the least. Restart before every battle? That's terribly annoying. On a newer Samsung also.

Buy an iPhone.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

yet...
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    It's been 3 days already without a fix, and not even an acknowledgement the problem from CG side.
    This bug is starting to spread more and more across the player base.
    Do you have any idea why CG keeping "radio silence" about the issue?

its the weekend

i was unaware of this issue so i never spoke to CG about it but thanks for the ping, i'll try to see if i can get an update if i remember on monday

This issue is going on for several days, at least from Thursday.
    If we go by the wide definition "CG don't work on weekends" (even though we know they sometimes publish announcements and launch events on weekends), then it means that in a game which requires daily monitoring & maintenance, CG only works 3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday). Pretty problematic on its own...
    except

they investigated and couldn’t replicate the bug on thursday, so they did their due diligence

So you're saying it's not they don't work, it's they do, but they're simply bad at their job?
    That's not making anything better...

no but instead of reading what i'm saying, you are more interested in twisting words so there is no point having a conversation with you

You said it yourself, they investigate and couldn't replicate the bug. If they did investigate days ago, could not find the bug, and we still got many people who experience the problem, it's mean they're bad at their job.
    If they haven't done any proper investigation, it's mean they're not doing their job.
    So far there does not appear to be a clear set of steps to replicate the bug. Starting a battle just works as normal... unless it doesn't. Could fail on the first battle, the twentieth, hundredth or it may not occur at all on a particular device.

Diagnosing a bug like this without the ability to replicate it can be particularly difficult.

And that's why *they* are paid to diagnosing it. This is their job.
  • I've lost all 3 rounds of GAC because of the loading screen. Admittedly I lost R1 because I was dumb but R2 and R3 were completely out of my control.

EA Help won't provide me a refund.

Who do I contact on the forums for 500 crystal compensation from each round?

I've already changed my app store review to a 1 star. The next step will be to contact Apple for a refund of all purchases.

Why should I lose because of bugs that leave GL standing and no counters left for me to use???
  • Sadly the only person you can contact is future you, who will be hooked up by the slightly easier matchups because of the skill system. Tank 3 rounds ==> next 3 rounds are easier.

It would have and will still eventually even out at a 50/50 win rate.

Cool it my guy. Screenshots/videos for bug reports is all you can do to improve the game.
  • Of the things I've been tracking I have lost the following due to the loading screen bug

• 2 gac battles that cost me the round
    • 100+ conquest energy (at least 5 losses)
    • fleet arena battle which required me to refresh my attempts
    • TB battle giving me a 0/4 result

Would really like a comment from CG as this is severely affecting every game mode. I've even tried resetting all app data but no improvements were made.
  • Been having error in Conquest and TW. Got a new one yesterday: Heroic Sith raid. Man, this is a pervasive problem. Put my report of "me too" in the bug section, but nothing.

6gxemzd7nu3p.jpg

Happened to me twice on hstr, but didn't cost me my team at least and I got my solo.

Didn't happen at all on my gac match though... I went 2-0 with it happening, and will likely lose this match and can't even blame it on the bug, just blame it on the cheese
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member

Very unlikely.

Even less likely.

Well, aren't we supposed to not think so negative about CG?

You can think whatever you want. I'm just telling you compensation is unlikely, and compensation for everyone is super unlikely.
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member

yet...

I have a question....how dare you?
  • It’s definitely frustrating, but this is their standard operating procedure. They don’t typically reimburse for losses resulting from their bugs. The best way to voice your discontent is with your wallet, as they’ve historically chosen not to address this subject on the forums.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

yet...

I have a question....how dare you?

36xiqlziz1i9.png
  • They were easy opponents. I would normally win 2 of 3 rounds. It's not my fault CG can't fix their broken game.

Half the crystal economy is in a broken game mode right now and I need to spend approx 1000 crystals a day on just FA + login rewards. I'm not sure why I have to buy crystals right now to keep up...when i should be winning them fair and square.
  • This is happening to me a lot at the moment. It's very annoying. Go to battle, get the loading screen and game freezes. Have to force close the app but the battle is lost.
  • Not much to add. Happened 3 times today. Never happened to me before..

Samsung Galaxy.