Game Freeze while in loading screen

Replies

• Options
    I just had it happen to me loading into a GAC battle. Samsung S22+ here. Restarted about an hour ago due to another freeze during loading.
  • Options
    Samsung Galaxy S21. I have had at least 10 freezes in GAC, TB, Fleet arena, and Conquest.
  • Options
    Samsung Galaxy M51
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Yep, went tried to attempt DS Geo Fleet battle with Executor and Bounty Hunters/Empire ships, a battle I've never lost using Executor with, but it came to loading screen it spun for maybe 1-2 seconds then froze.

Samsung Galaxy S20
    U.S.A. never wifi, always mobile data.wfwi94t6lo4y.jpg
  • Options
    Considering this is happening to everyone. Device has nothing to do with it. More so, the game being broken due to the last update. Tick tock. Lots of people are waiting for a fix. I'm ready to delete this game entirely. If a pack has an issue, you guys stop everything and fix it immediately because it effects your revenue. However, when spenders quit due to the game being crap. That also effects your bottom dollar. But that would mean you would need to care about your player base.... I also highly doubt you guys even send a make good for the crystals/get 1&2 you have caused us to lose.
    It’s not happening to everyone though. So at the very least conditions on the device must have something to do with it.
  • Options
    Considering this is happening to everyone. Device has nothing to do with it. More so, the game being broken due to the last update. Tick tock. Lots of people are waiting for a fix. I'm ready to delete this game entirely. If a pack has an issue, you guys stop everything and fix it immediately because it effects your revenue. However, when spenders quit due to the game being crap. That also effects your bottom dollar. But that would mean you would need to care about your player base.... I also highly doubt you guys even send a make good for the crystals/get 1&2 you have caused us to lose.
    It’s not happening to everyone though. So at the very least conditions on the device must have something to do with it.
    But we have seen that it is with different brands and different systems/versions.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    But we have seen that it is with different brands and different systems/versions.

It's also very troubling when even current "flagship" phones are having the issues. That makes it seem like it less likely an issue with the hardware not doing its job.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Galaxy S9 4eva
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yes I know - but all those different brands and systems and versions will also have different memory capacity based on how much of the memory is available and how many other apps are running at the same time and how memory intensive they are.

This is why it will prove difficult for the devs to isolate the issue - which of course they should be working hard to do.
  • Options
    Yep, went tried to attempt DS Geo Fleet battle with Executor and Bounty Hunters/Empire ships, a battle I've never lost using Executor with, but it came to loading screen it spun for maybe 1-2 seconds then froze.

Samsung Galaxy S20
    U.S.A. never wifi, always mobile data.wfwi94t6lo4y.jpg

That's exactly what happened to me.
  • Options
    They release a new update and any word about an issue that affect a lot of players. This isn't new, but really disappoint because we loose time, gac coins and don't receive any reaction for CG.
  • Options
    Way worse since the update. I updated about 20 minutes ago and have had 3 freezes already going between menus. Not touching gac until this is fixed
  • Options
    The team is still investigating the reports that have been sent to the CS team.

A reminder, if (And I do suggest you do if you haven't) you send in a CS report, be sure to add any and all information you can, specifically around the device you're using.

Ok, this is just insulting!!
    It's been about a week of this darn bug, and the best we got is "the team is still investigating the reports".
    Meanwhile, not only you launch a new update (without fixing the old one), but an less than an hour after missing ticket bug has been found, and you're already "looking to get a hotfix out within the next ~X amount of minutes".
    Don't you see how disrespectfull it is to the playerbase???!
  • Options
    Loading screen crash to blank screen. Samsung Galaxy S21, happens 5-7 times a day primarily in Conquest and GAC.

Really annoying, actually thinking of quiting over it.
  • Options
    Thoeb wrote: »
    I just had it happen to me loading into a GAC battle. Samsung S22+ here. Restarted about an hour ago due to another freeze during loading.

Had another freeze 3 or 4 battles later in the GAC. Load screen just stopped spinning.
  • Options
    I'm having problems. How to fiz It?
  • Options
    Here's how my gac is going. Thanks CG. That was super fun. xd4q95qp9fsx.jpg
  • Options
    I also had another freeze at an odd point. 46iesynrjyvh.jpg
  • Options
    This is seriously ridiculous. After the update this morning it even freezing just by going into store or characters. So basicly anything can crash it now. Not even a loading animation, just plain black screen....
  • Options
    This is inexcusable. Just lost my best counter for ships in GAC because of this bug.

• Options
    pwnthenubs wrote: »
    I've lost all 3 rounds of GAC because of the loading screen. Admittedly I lost R1 because I was dumb but R2 and R3 were completely out of my control.

In previous GAC I lost 5 battles total in last 2 rounds. In this GAC I lost 2 battles all due to freeze ups. I lost both those rounds in previous GAC and I'm pretty sure I'm going to loose this round also. This is just so rediculous in terms of loosing materials.

Absolutely unexceptable.

• Options
    And AGAIN CG, using Android, during GAC, game from. LOST ANOTHER GAC because of your poor QC and coding. 6 freezes. 8.1 million roster, 5 GLs and losing because of crappy coding.
  • ObiDarthYoda
    140 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    And AGAIN CG, using Android, during GAC, game froze. LOST ANOTHER GAC because of your poor QC and coding. 6 freezes. 8.1 million roster, 5 GLs and losing because of crappy coding. PAY ATTENTION to your users: you have poor code right now.
    Post edited by ObiDarthYoda on
  • Options
    What is especially infuriating is that NOTHING is being addressed with all the posts regarding freezing. THIS is costing US $$$: we lose GAC and all the rewards. Intentional?
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Catching up with all things from the weekend + my PTO

I've put this on my list to discuss with the team.

Thank you for your patience.
    Any update on this @CG_Tusken_Meathead ? It continues to be a major problem.
    Still looking into it...which means shove off and take it.

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I am really curious, since many players have had these crashes, if there will be some kind of compensation.

Very unlikely.

Well CG should think about it, people missed out on rewards for GAC and other things. It would be the right thing to do and show that they care about their players/customers.
    Is the right thing to do but won't happen.
  • Options
    Westley996 wrote: »
    At the bottom of these forums you can report a bug, help them find the issue. Posting here is more of a PSA and not a channel to their bug reporting system.

There are already a mass of reports about it... they just don't seem to believe that it is a game bug.

lakb34671pp5.jpg
    EA_Gunner STOP AND READ all the reports about bugs in SWGOH.

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Of course it's not intentional.
  • Options
    Android version/build and the device you're on would help if anyone is actually looking into it. I've literally never had this issue on Android so it may be tied to how the code is interacting with the build/device you're on.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Clphenom wrote: »
    Way worse since the update. I updated about 20 minutes ago and have had 3 freezes already going between menus. Not touching gac until this is fixed

Updated what?