Game Freeze while in loading screen

Replies

• Hey @CG_Tusken_Meathead, not taking crystals, events, GAC, etc. from players could be a pretty quick 'fix': don't commit the above to taking from the players' database until a connection is made.
  • Mine has locked up on several occasions. Most notably, I "lost" a phase 2 TB combat mission because it froze during loading and today my guild lost a wat shard because it froze as I was loading the wat mission. So far tech support has advised me to play on a different device.
  • My game has crashed 10 times since the update, it did it 2 times in the previous year. Cmon CG, I would be so embarrassed to be employed at CG. They put out crap, don't manage the game and take no responsibility for shoddy workmanship, truly a disappointment!! Think I'm going to start playing a new game.
  • I cleared my cache and haven't had the issue since.
  • I've had this happen on 3 or 4 gac rounds so far. Lost one round over it and got luck with the rest but how many players are losing crystals or other resources, As well as guilds losing tw attacks and territory points in tb over it. Whatever this kind of stuff happens but CG could atleast address that they're aware and fixing the situation
  • Yup, still happening to me in all game modes. Just happened to me in Territory Battles ( ship sector ).

Last night in GAC, I lost my two best counters to the freezing bug in back to back ship battles and then again later on in the map. I still won the matchup, but I noticed my opponent had a couple of one and dones on my defense with no damage done, so I assume he had issues with freezing as well and was less patient than I was.
  • I've cleared my cache after every time this has happened. Doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. I've also reinstalled the game twice.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    how do you know your opponent didn’t have the same issue and you were bound to lose anyways
    Lost 1 battle through ships; their ships were pretty weak. I would have won. What is especially galling is the lack of interaction from CG. But typical...

how many battles your opponent dropped
  • llpc493doaxi.jpg
    Hey CG, just drop the extra wat shard in the inbox for everyone in my guild. I'm sure you guys will make up for it right....?
  • And AGAIN during TB, your poor code crashes. So far, lost 3 GACs because of poor QC and coding. Froze in ships and regular battle this DS TB. If CG paid as much attention to quality work instead of pushing all the spend now pop-ups this game would be bullet-proof.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    how do you know your opponent didn’t have the same issue and you were bound to lose anyways
    Lost 1 battle through ships; their ships were pretty weak. I would have won. What is especially galling is the lack of interaction from CG. But typical...

Don't take it as an insult, but that's the best you and CG can do about this issue? In my guild almost everyone experiencing this freezing, and we are afraid to do battles.
    I don't care how many battles my opponent drops. If none and i drop 1-2 is it fair?
  • Ultra wrote: »

9. ZERO chance I don't win

• I GUARANTEE you that all the buy buttons work perfectly. It really is sad the lack of respect to those who are putting REAL $$$ and time into this game.
  • Well Google couldn't care less as long as people keep spending on the game and Google gets their cut.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

9. ZERO chance I don't win

lol
  • Well Google couldn't care less as long as people keep spending on the game and Google gets their cut.

Until EA decide to have their own Web Store since they already have the platform for (EA Play / Origin), yeah, they recently added it to the game but hidden (among other things as a way to link the game to a EA account)
  • Is there any further update on this issue @CG_Tusken_Meathead ?

I realize that this is probably a pain for the dev team to track down but having the game randomly lock up when attempting to initiate a battle with the resources expended but nothing to show for it is also a pain.

We have been dealing with this for over a week since the title update with no resolution in sight and no official response other than you responding in this thread (which is appreciated).
  • HaywoodJBLM
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    ugqbibz0ezuu.jpg
    lfoi08g6a52d.jpg
    891hl9jr8szz.jpg
    ccd5l14iftag.jpg
    04gd1x7l5yti.jpg
    4olgis9jvmps.jpg
  • Sorry. It keeps posting out of order. I tried to fix it but it keeps doing it. You get the idea.
  • Happened to me for the first time today. Pixel 6 phone, loading when starting a GAC match. Lost it.
  • Well I just got it again this round and most likely gonna cost me the win again and crystals cause I'm definitely not clearing now. It's been over a week now and yiu guys don't even have the decency to respond to your players or address the issue but don't worry you launched a new GL and the new mod update happened. I'm sure you guys are too busy counting all your money you made from them. Good quality service here
  • Fix your game cg!
  • Alright. Now I'm mad. This is complete nonsense. I take this to mean no fix is coming. uflnc6hfnfxh.jpg
  • After 20 or so random freezes so far that haven't affected anything, just had it freeze going into a TB battle. Of course it deployed my troops with no battle.
    Guess I need to uninstall that C. Crush app.🤪
  • After 20 or so random freezes so far that haven't affected anything, just had it freeze going into a TB battle. Of course it deployed my troops with no battle.
    Guess I need to uninstall that C. Crush app.🤪

Don't forget to save your no limits data first.
  • I know it's piling on right not but COME ON CG. Froze during ships in DS TB. I'm going out on a limb and guess that if I was spending money your code wouldn't crash.

Over the 4 years I've been playing I've spent more than $1,000. Crazy amount on a game I will never own and which EA/CG could shut down at any time, leaving me with literally zero value. With that said, I've NEVER asked for help from CG save for around the beginning of my play when I didn't understand how RNG worked and didn't believe that losing all GA matches 3 days in a row was possible...

$1,000 from a consumer and CG, EA, and Google have told me via their silence that they couldn't care less. Really, really poor way to run a consumer-fronted business. Has worked for them so far but will only take them so far with many of us regarding playing future EA/CG games.
  • Forgot to mention, since the code can't be trusted I placed all 5 GLs, DR, GAS w/R9 Fives, Padme, CLS, JKR on defense. Not much creativity in that.
  • Freeze up without spinner. Just navigating back from the fleet holotables to the main area. Fun!

nde56prgadoo.png