Be ready for the wall of crying post.

As people start to turn 73 over the next few days. There will be a big power gulf between the people who precraft and those who didnt. There will be calls to take peoples gear or remove the mats that dont exist in the game. The horror. I myself didnt stock syringes(The plan was to get them as i leveled.) so I only have a few items that are good for genosians.
Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/

Replies

• 74 will be the big gap. Dan Akaroyd Droid Callers.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I have 2. Poggle and probably QGC. Just dinged 73 tonight, so 4 days until 74. LOL
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

• Chewieforlife
    356 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    I have 2. Poggle and probably QGC. Just dinged 73 tonight, so 4 days until 74. LOL

Yup I have 2, one for qgj and one up for grabs. Only two toons I have who need it currently besides qgj are daka and mace. Might give it to daka if I take her to 7( currently 5). Wasn't able to craft any furnaces so lumi,sid, phasma, han, jc will all be chilling at gear lvl 8 until the next update
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    The precrafted advantage hopefully only lasts a few weeks. Maybe guilds will introduce the new mats. It's something that we have to just deal with in the meantime.

Luckily this won't happen at the next cap increase.
  • I crafted Geo's 79 gear, but it will be a month until I hit 79.

• Chewieforlife
    356 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Amalthea wrote: »
    The precrafted advantage hopefully only lasts a few weeks. Maybe guilds will introduce the new mats. It's something that we have to just deal with in the meantime.

Correct me if I'm wrong but even if the new gear is a available through guilds, the update notes say the newly introduced gear pieces won't be craftable until I believe lvl 81, so will be much more than a few weeks unless they shove the lvl cap up to 90 before most players even hit 80
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Amalthea wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong but even if the new gear is a available through guilds, the update notes say the newly introduced gear pieces won't be craftable until I believe lvl 81, so will be much more than a few weeks unless they shove the lvl cap up to 90 before most players even hit 80

I dont know what you mean by gear pieces. Are these the crafting mats or the gear itself. All i see in the update notes is where they say the new materials will be available in the next major update.
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Yeah, I see level cap raises as CG/EA buying time to add more content. Like more ways to buy crystals...
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Problem is i didnt have the syringes to craft the lvl 73 item for lumi and sidious. And now an extra ingredient is needed which (as far as i know) i can't get. So yeah... *cry*
  • Well the crying I am talking about is gonna be on the unfairness that the people who had crafted the items before the level cap increase. In reality it's EAs fault for announce they were gonna be changing the mat requirements before they did.

• Goosy
    173 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    No this won't be an issue. The chars that use these QGJ, Rey, GS etc will all be nerfed as they are moving away from the speed/ dmg meta game.

Other than the whales ppl won't have new toons ready for the next meta. Gear won't be so much of an issue and besides... I destroyed a 29020 Powerteam with Rey going first.

Dooku/ Han/ RP destroyed him. If you face a TIX Rey just go QGJ lead and she is pretty dead - you can finish her off with either Sid aoe (not 100% sure I think he is 142 and she is 143) or if there is another fast jedi with qgj lead.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Goosy wrote: »
    No this won't be an issue. The chars that use these QGJ, Rey, GS etc will all be nerfed as they are moving away from the speed/ dmg meta game.

Other than the whales ppl won't have new toons ready for the next meta. Gear won't be so much of an issue and besides... I destroyed a 29020 Powerteam with Rey going first.

Dooku/ Han/ RP destroyed him.

So you think gear is isolated to the fastest toons? *hint* it isnt. The biggest gap appearing is speed yes but also how your squad looks compared to the squad next to you, if it looks like an easier win people will attack you.
    {RotE}
  • I guess it comes down to how many scary looking toons you have, LOL. I use Phasma, but not as lead. For most people it must be a head scratcher.

• Goosy wrote: »

Dooku/ Han/ RP destroyed him. If you face a TIX Rey just go QGJ lead and she is pretty dead - you can finish her off with either Sid aoe (not 100% sure I think he is 142 and she is 143) or if there is another fast jedi with qgj lead.

I've battled at level 74 squad with all gear IX characters.. Dooku, QGJ, RG, Rey and GS... team power 31k.
    Rey is a lot tougher at gear IX, Dooku and RG were noticeably stronger too.
    She survived a GS assist attack and proceeded to one shot my QGJ, pretty much wipe out my RG next time around and then took out Dooku to finish the battle..
    Fair play to the guy/gal, would have had to precraft two mk 5 CEC fusion furnace's for that team.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    I guess it comes down to how many scary looking toons you have, LOL. I use Phasma, but not as lead. For most people it must be a head scratcher.

I would still use Phasma in team with Dooku as leader and a Daka for stuns. While phasma has 18% chance to call an ally for assist for 1 extra attack, Dooku gives 15% evasion to evade an extra attack. Seems kinda equal so far, but it also works vs aoe to evade multiple damage and gives offence up too.
    And advantage turn meter gain, along with armor penetration + offence from Dooku, it makes Phasma quite the hard hitter.
  • 74 will be the big gap. Dan Akaroyd Droid Callers.

Nice one. I'm annoyed that people aren't enjoying you're joke as much as they should be
  • I have a feeling there is more information coming and with the meta change next week, things for everyone will get a tad more difficult as they may have to switch up their Arena teams and then get them back to their current level so the credits will be dwindling. With that said, Gear issues may get rectified as the Guild feature and Rancor battle open up so patience is the key, not crying...
  • ModeratusImperialis
    353 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    74 will be the big gap. Dan Akaroyd Droid Callers.

Nice one. I'm annoyed that people aren't enjoying you're joke as much as they should be

I enjoyed it highly. With that said bring on level 74. Time for the non precrafters to feel the blues, brother!