How to ruin the game for everyone. PVP datacron edition

NathanHawk
8 posts Member
edited October 2022
Hey meathead and the rest of the team that have no idea how to do anything but ruin the game. Listen up. You want happy players? REMOVE DATACRONS FROM PVP!!!!! Put them in Pve where pay to win content belongs.

Thanks to this “feature” and the stellar matchmaking for TW my guild has zero chance at winning the last two rounds due to the LV datacron. We were on a 6 round win streak. We don’t expect to win every time and can usual usually punch up. But when the guilds we have to fight are 1.5 average million GP higher than our, it’s no fun.

That brings me to crystal income. Thanks to the LV datacron I’ve lost 5/9 rounds we just went through on everyone’s fav 3v3. It’s tanking my crystal income.

One tiny factor that spenders can shell out on is hurting everyone’s crystal income.

I’m a 9million GP, 6 year player with about 3k spent on the game over my time playing. So this time from the F2P guys you laugh at and ignore behind your screens.

Also a big double middle finger to you guys for putting Jabba behind a 3 toon paywall. Farming 3 marquee toons is fine, but not letting us farm them before Jabba drops is a super “screw the players, whales will pay us” method.

Take datacrons out of TW and GAC. Please. For it’s ruining the game more than you normally do with classic hits like relic 8 and 9, Vader/wat /JKL nerfs, crancor version 1, etc.

Oh and when can we sim Sith raid? Seriously it’s over due.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't ruin the game for me, still playing.

Also I really don't care about the marquees for Jabba because the people in my GAC range also don't have him.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    NathanHawk wrote: »
    That brings me to crystal income. Thanks to the LV datacron I’ve lost 5/9 rounds we just went through on everyone’s fav 3v3. It’s tanking my crystal income.

So about 50% win rate ? Unfortunately, your defeats due to LV DC didn’t prevent the system to work as intended, even if you found them unfair/unfun.

• Options
    I do not have LV at all. Most of my opponents do have him and the cooldown datacron. I am 6-2 so far this season and actually climbing up the ranks.in Kyber 1 despite my best attempts at slacking off.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I do not have LV at all. Most of my opponents do have him and the cooldown datacron. I am 6-2 so far this season and actually climbing up the ranks.in Kyber 1 despite my best attempts at slacking off.

Good for you dude.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

So about 50% win rate ? Unfortunately, your defeats due to LV DC didn’t prevent the system to work as intended, even if you found them unfair/unfun.

If I full clear an opponent, and they out score me. That’s fine. That’s the game. When I can’t clear the entire board due to a few DC, I seethe with rage. I’ve farmed everything so I could stay competitive, but not this DC cycle.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

If I full clear an opponent, and they out score me. That’s fine. That’s the game. When I can’t clear the entire board due to a few DC, I seethe with rage. I’ve farmed everything so I could stay competitive, but not this DC cycle.
    Sounds like your problem is inflexible strategic thinking.
  • Options
    I'm going to assume that as a 6 year player you have had plenty of time to get LV. And it's very likely that if you are competitive that you have your own DC since getting one level 9 LV is pretty easy to get ftp assuming you red crate. This also goes for your entire guild.
    So, both you and your guild have the same access to the same weapons as your opponents. Interesting thing is that you didn't complain about DC when you won 6 straight tw. Sounds like the real issue you have is losing.
  • Options
    I'm going to assume that as a 6 year player you have had plenty of time to get LV. And it's very likely that if you are competitive that you have your own DC since getting one level 9 LV is pretty easy to get ftp assuming you red crate. This also goes for your entire guild.
    So, both you and your guild have the same access to the same weapons as your opponents. Interesting thing is that you didn't complain about DC when you won 6 straight tw. Sounds like the real issue you have is losing.

I’ve had LV for ages. Most of us hate DC’s. It’s just been this one that’s hindering the game more than usual.
  • Options
    So you have LV with the empire cooldown dc 25% dodge and nearly 100% armor penetration but it’s your opponents lv dc that’s the issue? Sounds like you just got out played in those 5 matches.
  • Options
    Hey meathead and the rest of the team that have no idea how to do anything but ruin the game. Listen up. You want happy players? REMOVE DATACRONS FROM PVP!!!!! Put them in Pve where pay to win content belongs.

Thanks to this “feature” and the stellar matchmaking for TW my guild has zero chance at winning the last two rounds due to the LV datacron. We were on a 6 round win streak. We don’t expect to win every time and can usual usually punch up. But when the guilds we have to fight are 1.5 average million GP higher than our, it’s no fun.

One tiny factor that spenders can shell out on is hurting everyone’s crystal income.

I’m a 9million GP, 6 year player with about 3k spent on the game over my time playing. So this time from the F2P guys you laugh at and ignore behind your screens.

Also a big double middle finger to you guys for putting Jabba behind a 3 toon paywall. Farming 3 marquee toons is fine, but not letting us farm them before Jabba drops is a super “screw the players, whales will pay us” method.

Take datacrons out of TW and GAC. Please. For it’s ruining the game more than you normally do with classic hits like relic 8 and 9, Vader/wat /JKL nerfs, crancor version 1, etc.

Don't get me wrong here - I'm not a fan of DCs - I don't use them much and I certainly don't chase them - but the whole point of DCs is to put them in a place where money spent will net the most benefit and appeal to the competitive spirit of type-A people with lots of money - which is to say GAC/TW placement and crystal/DC material income. So they don't 'belong' in PVE - they were always designed and intended for PVP. It's a dynamic game mode where your opponents provide the ramping difficulty and variety of content that doesn't require more development time and is never trivialized by your own roster growth. Love it or leave it, that's why PVP is in the game and DCs are intended to further monetize that portion of the game specifically.

Regarding the Jabba marquees - I get that it's disappointing but having to wait a couple of months to get the new toy without shelling out for it is pretty much the status-quo unless you're a super-hoarder - which, if you were, it's still possible to get the marquees to 7* without paying real currency for them. You've been playing long enough to know that this isn't out of character for CG.

I wouldn't shed a tear if DCs were removed but there's no telling what they'd do next to try to ramp up player spending and generally speaking it's better to go with the devil you know.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Hey meathead and the rest of the team that have no idea how to do anything but ruin the game. ...

I mean, if you are taking an issue so seriously that you would spend the time to write such a long post, this is really not the line you want to open with...
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

[deleted]
    Post edited by chpMINIsolo_77 on
  • Options
    Thsi always helps when trying to get someone to see your point of view:
    Also a big double middle finger to you guys for putting Jabba behind a 3 toon paywall.

• Options

I'm ftp and almost 7m go. Nothing ruined for me and I quite enjoy datacrons. Perhaps changing up your playstyle would help because, Karen, I know coming here and calling the devs names isn't going to help your cause in the least.
  • Options
    Hey meathead and the rest of the team that have no idea how to do anything but ruin the game. ...

I mean, if you are taking an issue so seriously that you would spend the time to write such a long post, this is really not the line you want to open with...

It’s the friendly version for the forum
  • Options
    Mark2theb wrote: »

I'm ftp and almost 7m go. Nothing ruined for me and I quite enjoy datacrons. Perhaps changing up your playstyle would help because, Karen, I know coming here and calling the devs names isn't going to help your cause in the least.

Makes me feel better. Also, noticed I didn’t call them names. I implied they were incompetent at their jobs.

And it’s not being a Karen when 2/3rds of my guild shares the same sentiment.

• Options
    Thsi always helps when trying to get someone to see your point of view:
    Also a big double middle finger to you guys for putting Jabba behind a 3 toon paywall.

So much better than what I really wanna say, but the mods would not allow that. So this is best I got.
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    So you have LV with the empire cooldown dc 25% dodge and nearly 100% armor penetration but it’s your opponents lv dc that’s the issue? Sounds like you just got out played in those 5 matches.

I just got it after this last round locked. So I haven’t been able to benefit from it; which I’m sure it’ll do nothing for me as 5v5 will be next.
  • Options

It’s not like I can get an in person meeting. Or a phone call, or zoom call, etc. Unless you have other options no one knows about, this is all we got.

I could spend another 3 hours writing at length with how much rage I have for the dev/ management team over the last 6-7 years.

Any other IP would not have made it through all the mess ups these guys have had.