Support, Scoundrel, Smuggler
Yarrrr Holotable Heroes,
These are merely guidelines.Key Attributes:
- First ever Neutral tag
- New Captive Debuff- Unit gets Reduced speed, no bonus/assist attacks and cannot earn bonus Turn Meter
- New Ransom Buff- +2% Max Health and Tenacity per stack
- Hondo always gets his slice of the pie, even if it’s yours
- Hondo will protect himself if all his allies fall aka a lot of Bonuses
- First character (not ship) to have Outmaneuver Buff
- Hondo was really fun to create, but also a challenge
- Hondo is best known to serve himself above all others, meaning he can betray you, the player. If his Captive is defeated before Hondo has 10 stacks of Ransom, he will escape mid-battle. A very Hondo thing to do!
- Hondo’s Marquee event has a unique take in that each tier begins with Hondo retelling the story of how that battle came to be. Hondo also frequently tells tall tales.
- The original Ability names we wanted to use didn’t fit on screen, so we had to shorten them. Here’s the original names for two of his abilities:
Insolence? We are pirates! We don’t even know what that means.
I guess this means we won’t be friends.
- Hondo’s look comes from his appearance in Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland/Hollywood Studios.
- Utilizing the Captive debuff on a priority target can swing the battle in your favor
Calling allies to assist will lead to bonuses for that attack based on their alignment while giving Hondo temporary bonuses
- Always make sure you have 10 or more stacks of Ransom before you defeat Hondo’s Captive, or else Hondo will escape the battle
FAQ:What is Neutral alignment?
Hondo is neither Dark Side nor Light Side, he’s Hondo Side. Since Hondo Side doesn’t exist in the game, but the Neutral alignment does, it made perfect sense for him to be the very first unit with this tag. While Neutral is distinct from Light and Dark and does not encompass both, he is still available to be used in either side of Campaign Battles and Territory Battles.How does the stacking on his Unique work?
Hondo gains 15% of some of his stats at the start of each turn if there is a Captive up to 150%. With the Omicron in Grand Arenas, he gains an additional 15% on top of the original 15% for a total of 30% per turn, up to a max of 300%.Why does my Hondo sometimes flee mid-battle?
If he’s not getting paid, he’s not sticking around. If he doesn’t have 10 stacks of Ransom and his Captive is defeated, he will escape from battle (flee).In Grand Arena/Territory Wars, what happens if Hondo flees at the same moment he defeats the enemy squad?
Hondo will defeat the enemy, and then immediately escape the battle, which will end up in a loss for Hondo’s side. Banners earned for defeating enemies will be awarded, but banners for Victory in the battle will be lost and players will still be able to proceed past this battle to continue onwards. While getting into this situation is rare, we really like this mechanic and want to see how this plays out in the live environment. We will be monitoring and will make changes to the mechanics if warranted.
ABILITIES:BASIC: I Smell ProfitFinal Text:
Deal Special damage to target enemy. Gain 1 stack of Ransom (max 50) for the rest of the encounter, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. If the enemy is Light Side, Hondo removes 10% Turn Meter from them. If the enemy is Dark Side, Hondo gains 10% Turn Meter.
Ransom: +2% Max Health and TenacitySPECIAL 1: I Don't Want to Kill You Per Se (CD = 6) (Zeta) Final Text:
Remove 20% Turn Meter from all enemies. Hondo gains Outmaneuver for 2 turns, which can't be copied. Inflict Captive on the target enemy (excluding Galactic Legends), which can't be copied, dispelled, evaded, prevented, or resisted, until the start of Hondo's 2nd turn, enemies gain 25 buffs, or Hondo is defeated. Whenever Captive expires, Hondo gains 10 stacks of Ransom
Captive on characters: Speed set to 0, can't bonus attack or gain bonus Turn Meter
Captive on raid bosses: -30% Critical Damage, Defense, and OffenseSPECIAL 2 - Insolence? We are Pirates (CD = 4)Final Text:
Dispel all debuffs on all Scoundrel allies. Call target ally to assist, then Hondo assists. If target ally is Light Side, they gain 25% damage and Defense Penetration for this attack. If target ally is Dark Side, they gain 25% Critical Chance and Critical Damage for this attack. Hondo gains Defense Up for 2 turns and 4% Offense per stack of Ransom for 3 turns.
If Hondo has at least 5 stacks of Ransom, Dark Side enemies are inflicted with Ability Block for 1 turn, which can't be evaded or resisted, and Light Side enemies are inflicted with Buff Immunity for 1 turn, which can't be evaded or resisted. If Hondo has at least 25 stacks of Ransom, increase cooldowns of all enemies by 1.UNIQUE 1: That's Just Good Business (Zeta+Omicron)Final Text:
Hondo has +100% Health Steal. Whenever Hondo evades an attack, he gains 1 stack of Ransom. If a Captive enemy is defeated and Hondo does not have at least 10 stacks of Ransom, Hondo typo escapes from battle.
Hondo gains bonuses based on his stacks of Ransom:
- 5+ Stacks: add Expose the target enemy for 1 turn and gain Foresight for 1 turn to his Basic ability
- 10+ Stacks: Immune to critical hits
- 15+ Stacks: Recover 20% Health at the start of his turn
- 20+ Stacks: Recover 20% Protection at the start of his turn
At the start of his turn, if there is an enemy with the Captive debuff, Hondo gains 15% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Defense Penetration (stacking, max 150%), and 3 Speed (stacking, max 30) for the rest of the encounter.
While in Grand Arenas: Hondo starts the encounter with 25% Turn Meter for each other Scoundrel or Smuggler ally. If there is an enemy with the Captive debuff at the start of Hondo's turn, Hondo gains an additional 15% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Defense Penetration per turn (stacking, max 150%) and 3 Speed (stacking, max 30)UNIQUE 2: I Guess We Won't Be Friends Final Text:
The first time any character gains bonus Turn Meter each turn, Hondo gains 5% bonus Turn Meter. Whenever any character gains a buff, Hondo recovers 5% Protection. Whenever any character assists, Hondo gains Protection Up (5%, stacking) for 1 turn. If Hondo had at least 2 other allies at the start of the encounter, the first time Hondo has no other active allies, he gains 100% Turn Meter and 25% Counter Chance, Defense, Evasion, Offense, Potency, and Tenacity for the rest of the encounter.
How does Hondo interact with Datacrons?Answer:
Hondo is not considered Light or Dark side, so any kits or datacrons that have bonuses for those alignments will not apply to him. He can still gain stat, faction, and character bonuses through datacrons.