GL gating a new event?

Prev1
Magruffin
781 posts Member
edited October 2022
That's some pretty weak sauce....a new precedent being set.

Replies

• Options
    What you going to do?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    If you want to play the event get the GL
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    GLs were going to be required for something eventually

and I think existing conquest already requires GLs for some feats
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Spend hundreds of dollars, get a weak event
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »

That's the complaint?

The rewards look good from what I can see.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »

Or spend nothing and don’t get a weak event.

There’s nothing in this heist you can’t easily get elsewhere. Unless it’s once a week you’re fine, don’t worry about it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Seriously, what makes this weak? You l don't want more slicing and calibration mats? OK.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Did they just delete the lower tiers of this event? Or is this something entirely new - with identical visuals of the previous one?

EDIT: Never mind. I actually got off my behind and read the news post ... which ... and would you believe it ... explained everything. Doh ..
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Did they just delete the lower tiers of this event? Or is this something entirely new - with identical visuals of the previous one?

Entirely new
  • Options
    Okay, but this isn't "pay a bunch of money to get this one minor event".

Jabba is going to gate a TON of things with the incoming TB, and will perform well in other areas where he's not strictly required. What this is is a tip of the hat to those people who put in the effort to get Jabba for all those other reasons.

If it's not worth it to you to get Jabba for all that other stuff, this isn't likely to push you over the top and force you to say, "Well, I didn't care so much about TB results and TB-exclusive characters that require Hutt Clan, but I do want 30 extra Calibrators a month".

No, this event is for people like me who were already in the process of putting in the effort to get Jabba and now get a little something extra on top.

Obviously if you were never going to get Jabba, you could get all these materials for less investment from other sources, so you won't lose out on anything. I'm investing those materials and I'll get quite a bit back, I think, and these things weren't even in the calculation.

But I'll gladly take them, and value them. They're not terrible unless you're considering them to be the only thing you gain from the effort to acquire Jabba. But if you do consider them the only Jabba-rewards you're really, really not seeing the big picture.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    It makes one wonder how many commenting in this topic even have Jabba. Currently there are 832 people that has him and what gates the acquisition is not resources but unfarmable shards. So yea this event being released at this time is a particular call to whale on the unfarmable toons to get Jabba early and it has nothing to do with how useful Jabba will be in the long run...where 10x-50x people will have him.
  • Options
    Actually events should help players on the road to unlock legends not the other way around.

This is the last bit of a series of "updates" that literally destroyed the game... 1 patch a time.

After 5 years for me this is the last drop... Gratz EA, mission accomplished.
  • Options
    Piottavo wrote: »
    Actually events should help players on the road to unlock legends not the other way around.

This is the last bit of a series of "updates" that literally destroyed the game... 1 patch a time.

Dude... Its one 6 dot mod upgrade and 1/2 rerolls. Chill
  • Options
    In case you failed to notice the first time around, this is going to be the new cadence for CG moving forward (maybe not even new). After Inquisitors we're released, there were a slew of events that needed them exclusively. Now Jabba is the new commodity. Moving forward, whatever new squad, team, or faction is released is going to be needed for exclusive content. Prepare yourself and/or plan for it. Either work to get the new squad coming out or understand you'll be left out of exclusive events. CG is trying to incentivize us to get the new squad.
  • Options
    In case you failed to notice the first time around, this is going to be the new cadence for CG moving forward (maybe not even new). After Inquisitors we're released, there were a slew of events that needed them exclusively. Now Jabba is the new commodity. Moving forward, whatever new squad, team, or faction is released is going to be needed for exclusive content. Prepare yourself and/or plan for it. Either work to get the new squad coming out or understand you'll be left out of exclusive events. CG is trying to incentivize us to get the new squad.

So what? As time progresses you get to the state of getting to play them too. What are they supposed to do? Wait a year and then drop the new event? The only thing that would change is those that got the teams now wont get the stuff for the year
  • Options

So unlock Jabba first, it will help you get the other legends.
  • Options

Free rewards was the last straw? I don't think that's how that expression works. You didn't get free rewards now that you'll eventually have access to later. That's good. It's not like this requires any additional cost to you other than getting the new shiny thing (which has lower requirements than the last two GLs btw). Your post is entitlement incarnate.

Devs, thanks for rewarding those who spent on Jabba with this new event that's literally just free goodies. Also for rewarding those who will eventually get Jabba, which is most veteran players. It's not often you give without demanding anything in exchange (maybe 2-3 minutes of time playing new PvE content, which I love and want more of).

Toxic complainers who are literally looking a gift bantha in the mouth: don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • Options

The equivalent of inq. move would be requiring hutt cartel like the upcoming gc, but not the gl itself (did anything need GI?). So yeah, this is yet another level on that policy, yet it's not the same. There is no option to do it with a half built squad and no gl or there are no lower tiers to it that you can get something with the squad.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    There is no option to do it with a half built squad and no gl or there are no lower tiers to it that you can get something with the squad.

The lower tiers are in ‘Smuggler’s run I’. Having separate instead of one is a way of getting both rewards, as the victories are shared on this event. It’s like adding challenge levels to existing Assault battles (where you can get rewards for each tier separately).

So it’s actually very player friendly, much more than adding an extra ‘jabba level’ to the existing Smuggler’s run would be.

• Options
    I whaled jabba.
    I am happy and feeling rewarded.
  • Options
    Evidently some people don’t like that the newest characters will have events that require them…

As if other similar games don’t have the same setup. Betting that the next 3 conquests will have quite a few Hutt Cartel themed feats.
  • Options
    Ok guys, I respect every opinion but...Jesus...

Even a fanboy should feel embarassed reading some of your posts... :D

Have a good one everyone.
  • Options
    All money orientated making Jabba mandatory. I'm not impressed.
  • Options
    Why is it a problem of rewarding people who get a Galactic Legend or other character early (with cash or hoarding crystals?

Inquisitors were required a lot lately as well. People who got Grand Inquisitor got rewarded and were able to get red box reward in Galactic challenge with more ease.

If you reliced Jabba already, you reward is that you can play the event. The rewards are not great though, so won't get them much of an advantage.

CG is a company and need to make money to keep their shareholders happy. If this event get more whales to spent, everyone should be happy. No cash spending = no game.

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    All money orientated making Jabba mandatory. I'm not impressed.

How is Jabba mandatory based on a smuggler's run?
  • Options
    CG added an additional Smugglers Run event for Jabba owners. I’m sure Jabba will be a requirement for some nodes in the future TB.

Would it make you happier if CG retroactively made the older GLs requirements for some other events as well?

I’m not really annoyed that the newest toy is getting special treatment.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Giving resources for owning Jabba is temporary benefit

Over time lots of people will get Jabba and then all this Jabba required resources will be extra stuff each month
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG added an additional Smugglers Run event for Jabba owners. I’m sure Jabba will be a requirement for some nodes in the future TB.

Would it make you happier if CG retroactively made the older GLs requirements for some other events as well?

I’m not really annoyed that the newest toy is getting special treatment.

They added a new assault battle for GI and i think they’ll do something each month for Aphra too

It encourages players to chase these toons ASAP but after a year, it’s just a free resource event each month, so in the big picture it helps the players more, especially if you farm them at your own pace rather than panic chasing