Does Fleet Arena Really Speeds Up?

Georgee
77 posts Member
edited October 2022
Hi,

I was wondering if the 400 crystals from the Fleet Arena really speed things up when I have to spend so much energy refreshes to actually stay on top with my fleet.

In other words, would my progress in the game be really slower if I couldn't afford so much energy refreshes daily but spend them on the teams I'm building and fleets that I need for unlocking the toons I'm after?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Lumiya
    1473 posts Member
    How many refreshes do you have to make to get to top?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »

Hey Lumiya,

I'm on top already, last three weeks grabbing 400 crystals anytime I have time to play. But it's harder and harder every day to win the first place back, pushing me to invest in the fleet.

Like Tarking - he will be my first gear level 13 character shortly. I'm spending a lot on him but it would not be my first level 13 if it wasn't for the fleet. Also finishing Vulture Droid and starting on Hyena Bomber as I can see that everyone is preparing for Malevolence or Negotiator, so I need to do the same to stay on top (got Geos and their ships developed already).

Don't mind doing Bounty Hunters, would do them anyway probably, but also need to start on the Mandalorian's team to be positioned well for Executor in the long run. (I love the Mandalorian series :smile: but not crazy about his team in the game).

So there are immediate, medium-term and long-term fleet priorities that I need to pursue to stay relevant in the Fleet Arena. The point is, everyone talks about snowball effect and how you need to invest in the fleet to get income, but the fleet is eating a lot of that income as well. And the priorities are shaping how your whole roaster looks like. Mine jedis and galactic republic are lacking a lot.

I don't think it's possible to actually calculate the answer to my question, it was rather conceptual. I just wonder if there is anyone feeling the same or playing the game without focusing on the fleet arena...
  • Georgee wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »

Hey Lumiya,

I'm on top already, last three weeks grabbing 400 crystals anytime I have time to play. But it's harder and harder every day to win the first place back, pushing me to invest in the fleet.

Like Tarking - he will be my first gear level 13 character shortly. I'm spending a lot on him but it would not be my first level 13 if it wasn't for the fleet. Also finishing Vulture Droid and starting on Hyena Bomber as I can see that everyone is preparing for Malevolence or Negotiator, so I need to do the same to stay on top (got Geos and their ships developed already).

Don't mind doing Bounty Hunters, would do them anyway probably, but also need to start on the Mandalorian's team to be positioned well for Executor in the long run. (I love the Mandalorian series :smile: but not crazy about his team in the game).

So there are immediate, medium-term and long-term fleet priorities that I need to pursue to stay relevant in the Fleet Arena. The point is, everyone talks about snowball effect and how you need to invest in the fleet to get income, but the fleet is eating a lot of that income as well. And the priorities are shaping how your whole roaster looks like. Mine jedis and galactic republic are lacking a lot.

I don't think it's possible to actually calculate the answer to my question, it was rather conceptual. I just wonder if there is anyone feeling the same or playing the game without focusing on the fleet arena...
    You were asked how many refreshes it takes you to reach top - the answer to what you’re asking depends entirely on that information.

Top 5 in fleet lands you 300+ crystals. You have to compare that with what it costs you to get there. If you’re spending north of 100 crystals, it might be more cost effective to settle for lower placement.
  • You were asked how many refreshes it takes you to reach top - the answer to what you’re asking depends entirely on that information.

Top 5 in fleet lands you 300+ crystals. You have to compare that with what it costs you to get there. If you’re spending north of 100 crystals, it might be more cost effective to settle for lower placement.

That's fair. If I imagine what I wouldn't do had I not focus on the fleet arena, it's certainly north of 100 crystals.
  • Georgee wrote: »
    You were asked how many refreshes it takes you to reach top - the answer to what you’re asking depends entirely on that information.

That's fair. If I imagine what I wouldn't do had I not focus on the fleet arena, it's certainly north of 100 crystals.
    I’m still not sure you understand what you’re being asked…

We have 5 fleet arena battles for “free” every day. If you need more than that, you have to pay 50 crystals for an additional batch of 5 battles.

On top of that, some players will choose not to wait until the 10 minute timer between fleet arena attempts expires before they try their next battle. Any time you do this, that also costs 50 crystals.

So, unless taking 1st in fleet arena sees you using a large amount of crystals in refreshing to get 5 more attempts or refreshing to take your next battle immediately, then of course it is worth doing.

In general, access to these crystals is something that most players strive for. If you’ve got access to those crystals and all it really costs you is effort, I can’t recommend strongly enough that you keep putting in that effort.
  • That's misunderstanding @DarjeloSalas. I meant how much I need to invest into developing ships and their pilots, energy refreshes spent when farming them. That's why I said it's difficult to calculate as some of them I'd farm anyway, others not.

Like, hypothetically, if I did not focus on a good placement in the fleet arena, would I now have the same, better or worse roaster excluding toons and ships that I farmed and geared for the fleet arena and wouldn't farm them otherwise?
  • Worse. Always worse. Ignoring a key crystal earner like fleets is a bad idea.
  • Lumiya
    1473 posts Member
    I really hate this edit filter 🙈😅

Let's try this again:
    What @DarjeloSalas said. When I started I had the advantage that my boyfriend already was a long time player so he could tell me, what's important and what mistakes to avoid. It was clear from the beginning that
    1st it is "easier" to get in top positions in fleet as in squad (it was before the GAC changes) because less people put as much effort into fleets as they put into squads
    And 2nd it is definitely worth it to put the effort into ships because those extra crystals are worth a lot!

For example I am in a quite casual guild, we just recently slayed the Rancor for the first time and we don't have a high enough GP for R9 mats in TW.
    The R8 characters I have I could only afford, because I have a nice crystal income from fleet. I am now going for Profundity and I already bought everything I need in mats for those R8s and 9s while I even can afford to refresh PG twice for CAT, will have her next month. And a big chunk of that comes from my fleet crystals. Of course I needed to invest in them to stay on top. First it was Nego and then, as the Executors popped up in my shard I worked on my Finalizer counter for them, so I got the Echelon, gave the Officer R7, KRU R8 and farmed EH and Cassian's ship + pilots. And it was worth it because in turn I could stay in top and get those crystals now for Profundity relic mats. Lucky coincidence because of the counter I already have now Cassian and Jyn farmed and leveled which in turn now are also needed for Profundity.

So long story short, yes it is worth it.
  • Lumiya
    1473 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Post edited by Lumiya on
  • Rius
    363 posts Member
    Continue to invest in fleet to keep top 5 possible, definitely worth the effort and resources.

Another consideration is fleets are useful for GAC the other main mode for Crystal income. So the investment has double payouts unlike ground troops. As others mentioned many opponents particularly mid game have poor fleets, you can win GAC rounds by having the superior fleets.

Through the game you will want to develop Mk2 cap ships or a executor counter. I am struggling with a poor negotiator counter to executor at the moment while I level up my executor.

Through my fleet income I have managed to acquire CAT mostly through crystals, speed up my JMK and executor farm with max refreshes everyday and purchase all R9 mats for Raddus. It’s speeds up all progress once you have an established fleet.
  • Thanks to all for your views!
  • As stated above fleets also help win GAC = more crystals!

It’s also the one of the reasons I’d recommend SLKR followed by SEE as the first 2 GLs….
    FOrder fleet can counter Executor
    SEE builds up Empire pilots and ships (Tie Bomber), but also has cross over with Executor!
    —> I did SEE and Executor at the same time!

Lightside Fleets
    Don’t underestimate Home 1 —> you do need to invest in MFalc and Bistan’s U Wing to get the most from it
    Negotiator would be my first tier 2 fleet (assuming Darkside has FO and Empire).

• Depends on the efficiency you’re getting, but realistically having more and spending more to stay there may seem like a losing cause but you’re still building a whole lot of stuff you wouldn’t otherwise have so for GAC and other uses for fleets you’re well ahead.