Here's a few ideas to spruce up GAC a bit, in no particular order.
1) Work on matchmaking. I was a big supporter of the current system when it came out, but now that it's been here for a while we can judge on how it's actually working. Truth is, I keep seeing lots of players with 5-6 GLs and a whole lot more hanging out in Aurodium. The only question is do they decide to play. They obviously don't every time or they'd be in Kyber. And even though I end up with a roughly 50/50 chance of rewards, GAC is about more than just receiving awards. It was nearly everyone's favorite game mode before rewards were significant. Me wondering if my opponent is going to play really saps the enjoyment. Can we have some version of skill rating that won't let people drop below a certain league or division if their GP crosses a certain threshold? I can't see any reason why an account with 8m GP should be anywhere but Kyber. Let us sub-8m GP guys have fun in the minor leagues without being matched with potentially the biggest account in the game. Or, there's plenty of other ideas out there...but the current system needs some adjustment - not because of likelihood of rewards, but because too many matchups are just not any fun.
2) Change the map up a bit. Perhaps make it a bit more like a TW map. It could be 3x2 or 4x2 instead of 2x2, depending on league (and expected roster size). That'll make for more opportunities to set surprises and be surprised.
3) Run a poll on 5x5 vs 3x3. If it turns out to be 75% vs 25%, run 5v5 three times as often as 3x3. My hunch is way more people prefer 5v5. I do. 3v3 just isn't as enjoyable.
4) Since GAC change, we have a lot less opportunities to earn portraits and titles. It's pretty insignificant when it comes to gameplay, but was a kind of fun thing on the side. Would love to see something like that return.
5) Let us challenge friends / allies / guildmates / whoever to a no-rewards GAC type matchup, just for fun. No stakes, just a bit of competition. Or we could bet crystals...This would be separate from the current GA.
6) That's it for now.