Left the game for 7 years, I’m back now, what’s new ?

Hi guys, I was playing this game in 2015-2016 or so.
When ships arrived in game I stopped to play.

Recently, I have reinstalled a game, don’t know where to start to catch up.

I was in the top 10 at arena before, now I am at 850+ lol.

Which characters can you recommend to farm in cantina and battles based on characters I have ? (https://swgoh.gg/p/731471825/)

I loved Jedis, is there still a possibility to build a good Jedi squad?

Thank you

Replies

• 6hb2isy4r43k.gif
  • I repost a link to my swogh account
    https://swgoh.gg/p/731471825/ (Another one is broken)
  • DonPuto wrote: »
    6hb2isy4r43k.gif
    Is that really so bad ? XD
  • Honestly, I would recommend to start all over

Your shard is years ahead of you (literally) you'll never reach them on ships, so you won't be getting tons of crystals.

What's new? Well... we would have to write an entire bible to tell you lol
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    Honestly, I would recommend to start all over

Your shard is years ahead of you (literally) you'll never reach them on ships, so you won't be getting tons of crystals.

Thank you for your advice man

It’s because I leveled up early before ships came out ?
    That’s a pity, I’d rather won’t play then.. I have 1400 crystals and a ton of tickets, I thought I could farm new characters..

I thought it would be funny to reanimate my account but if you say so…
    Gonna take a long time before I’ll level up to 80 lvl again…
  • Arena rank doesn't matter any more (no crystals), and if you aren't going to play ships anyway, there is no point in restarting. If you only fell to 850 your shard may be mostly empty. Might be worth seeing how busy it is.

Ships are a big part of crystal income, both through that arena, and GAC. If you don't want to play ships, don't bother playing.
  • Dtgm wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Honestly, I would recommend to start all over

Thank you for your advice man

It’s because I leveled up early before ships came out ?
    That’s a pity, I’d rather won’t play then.. I have 1400 crystals and a ton of tickets, I thought I could farm new characters..

I thought it would be funny to reanimate my account but if you say so…
    Gonna take a long time before I’ll level up to 80 lvl again…

Best advice I could give you is

How you would like to play? At your own rhythm unlocking your favorite characters and having fun collecting the toons? Or being competitive?

If the answer is the second one, then yeah, it would be better to just start all over again tbh
    Either way, it's gonna take you years to be able to compete properly in the game
  • Even if my shard is almost empty, guys in the top are no joke…

There are so many new characters I’m so lost in it. Don’t even know who to farm.
    But to get new characters it better to be competitive…

So, I’d rather be competitive and start new account than just inefficiently collecting characters..

Anyway thanks for your advices guys, I think mods can close this topic.

Btw droids are still meta in the game ? Hate to play against them.
  • If you didn't play for nearly the entire duration of the game to date, then why pick it up again now?

You made a start and then stopped. It's at least fairly likely you'll do the same again. Why bother?
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    If you didn't play for nearly the entire duration of the game to date, then why pick it up again now?

You made a start and then stopped. It's at least fairly likely you'll do the same again. Why bother?

Out of curiosity.
    But yeah you right.

I won’t last 2 month I think.. lol.

Just wanted to have a pleasure to pick up a lot of rewards since I stopped and to see if I have some weight yet lol.

Then got attached and started to think of I get back on rails or not.
    Back in the time I was one of guild admins, we were in the top too, planning and organizing raids in excel lmao.

But yeah, your right I won’t last long now if I stopped back then
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Zero point in starting new
  • Don’t start new. Use your current teams to help you build new ones. It is good that you have a team to start with, get into a good guild and you will be on your way.
  • I came back after a long absence and I’m doing OK, but losing out on fleet arena crystals until I can build Executor (my current project after SLKR) is annoying.

If you don’t plan on being competitive in fleets there’s no need to restart, that’s the only thing that really puts you at a disadvantage and unless you can maintain a top 50 slot in fleets it doesn’t matter much anyway.