Would you start over?

2Next

Replies

• Thrace
    147 posts Member
    Oh, thanks for sharing.

If you think about it, this game is going to be out for a long long time. There's going to be a new Star Wars movie released every year until 2020 and probably beyond that. So big picture, the 4-5 months you lost is just going to be a drop in the bucket down the road. And if it's something you enjoy doing with your boys, and they like it, isn't that the whole point anyways?
  • I probably would. In 3 months or less you can have a team at 7*.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I would but I would time it so if open up GW after the meta shift as being out in front of that would be a big advantage over noobs reading pre-shift advice.
  • Greg1920 wrote: »
    I would but I would time it so if open up GW after the meta shift as being out in front of that would be a big advantage over noobs reading pre-shift advice.

That would be a good idea if you were to switch. I personally won't because I don't want to regrind everything I have done.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »

That would be a good idea if you were to switch. I personally won't because I don't want to regrind everything I have done.

I'm not doing it but I tested out a second account on my old iPad mini to maybe start an alt but it's too laggy. I wouldn't give up my main to get there.
  • Greg1920 wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »

I'm not doing it but I tested out a second account on my old iPad mini to maybe start an alt but it's too laggy. I wouldn't give up my main to get there.

Same here! The game is so buggy/laggy on the original iPad mini.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    @ASD_Dad I posted in your other thread. Might be worth it to try again. They helped this guy who had never logged in.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4b1e2b/lost_account_has_been_fixed/

Or try logging into Gamecenter using your HDMI cable, like the other people are suggesting.
  • I got to level 28 on my Google play account and noticed I wasted my resources on the wrong things. I know it's not 72 but if something happened I'd just start over cause when I did I landed around 7k rankings and I still now stay around 80-150 at level 57. I've spent no money so I would probably start over if I had to and it'd be a better account knowing what I do now.
  • I would. It would be really painful, but I like the game that much to do so. Plus I wouldn't make the same mistakes the second time around.
  • ElToro
    149 posts Member
    I would just quit the game, but then again it depends on how bad your addiction is, mines pretty bad, but not bad enough to make me start from the beginning, if you think about it once the major update starts, what we have will become useless and we will kinda have to start from the beginning but not really, as of right now I'm sitting on top 20, and i never fail GW, im looking forward to the guilds, you might have a while before you can get to the guilds, I feel bad for you bro, eventually you'll catch up though
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    I wouldn't start over. I don't mean to preach but if I had kids I swear I'd avoid getting them into gaming. I regret introducing my nephews to gaming. They are missing out on real life just like me now. :-(
  • I wouldn't WANT to start over. But if I lost my game right now, I probably would. Fewer mistakes mean faster growth, and it's a fun game. You will probably still want to play in a month, and if you start now you will be somewhere. If you don't, you will probably wish you had. Especially when new characters and movies come out.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    I AM BACK!!! Thanks to a helpful post found here I got my account back!!!!!!!!!

Encrypted backup did the trick from the old iPad. No clue why that works but it did!

Bring on the Guilds and grind!

Now I need to do something about my Arena rank. I dropped from 200 down to 900!!! In 3 days! ouch.
  • I play on my iPhone n pad. Take pics now and then. Weird thing happened week ago. Hit app to start game (had done that 10 min earlier) and if asked me if I wanted to switch profile. I forget what was hint but I said yes and it started right account. I only have the one. Never happened before or since.
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    I started a Game Center account a few weeks ago just in case. By no means my main account but I'm catching up fast. Arena rank top 50 but can't crack 300 with my other one.
  • I started over: deleted game after last huge meta swing (Ihad Dooku 7* max anyway) and everybody being the same. Arena became a free for all-nobody is different. I realized I am not doing anything unique and if I do the only reason others won't do the same is because what I do is not Arena-worthy. The second it is it can be copied by everyone. There's just no reason for me to spend all the time, wait for 8 mins after every battle, pay attention to Reward times. It was awful to feel you need to keep "baby sitting" it just to be "an average slacker" (even when I got #1 so often).

Deleted app and restarted life. It's like the days are now 27 hours long not 24. If the game didn't require me baby sitting it and I could move at my pace, I'd give it a try. As it is now, it's no longer a game to sink that much time -especially since it has no point and not even any true differentiation from one player to the next.
  • ASD_Dad wrote: »
    If you saw my other thread you know I messed up and never setup Game Center to save my data. I didnt know if I would play long term and then forgot about it. Well I lost the entire game so need to start over if I want to play.

So would you start over?

I was level 71, had around 35+ toons, finished GW daily and was around the 150-200 rank in Arena if I kept after it. Been playing since early December.

I did start last night but playing with a level 4 JC, Chewie, Jawa, Clone Sargent and Ewok was painful! I had to laugh when I saw a crit for 64 damage. I cringed when I couldnt even use Chewie's revive yet. Yay, he taunts and dies now!

I got to level 8 where Arena unlocks and #1 is a Darth Maul at level 32 so I would have some major catching up to do (I was ranked 11,000).

So again, would you start over? One part of me badly misses the game. The other part is asking if I want to do the grind all over again. I wouldnt make as many rookie mistakes but there is still months of grinding just to get back to where I was let alone move forward!

It's still a fun game man, do it! Just go a completely different team. I have an account on my ipad and iphone each. Went Jedi on one and Droids on the other. Droid teams are fun and easy to get fast!
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    I will if only I'm going to spend any money on this game.
    F2P started almost 2 months ago. Been playing like a noob until 2 about 2 weeks ago and so now find catching up very difficult. Not thinking about starting over now, the major reason being my working hours do not allow me to play during 5-6pm the payout key hour.
    If I'm going to spend any money I will have to make sure the amount I will be spending will give me good advantage for at least a period of time.
  • I'd ask to have the items bought reinstated (even random pulls) if not then I would rejoin society and consider it a blessing you were granted this freedom.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    You could try contacting customer support. They've been known to help by reconstructing accounts, especially if you spent any money and they can find your account by following the money trail.
  • Nope, this is not a game I would start over again. If I lose my data, it just gives me an excuse to get out of this.