Simple QoL Improvement Increasing Also Engagement with App

Hi,

a proposal for a very simple quality of life improvement that will also drive players' engagement with the application.

What:
On a character screen there would be a left and right arrow next to the gear section that would allow to swap the gear section for the gear section of other than the current gear level. All the functionality of the gear section except for crafting and equipping would work for other than the current gear level levels.

Why:
Players often farm gear ahead when waiting to finalize current gear level with rare gear. To do that, they leave the application and use other tools or websites instead. Having the access to the gear section for future levels, the players would stay engaged with the application.

Further, other tools and websites point players directly to a farming node. On the other hand, the standard Find feature of the gear dialog window can offer players items in the Store.

Even further, when players access a farming node directly, the application does not know what gear is farmed and for which character. This data is available if players use the Find feature of gear dialog window.

The feature should be fairly trivial to implement, increasing engagement of users with the application whilst enhancing their comfort.

Replies

• If this was implemented when the game first came into being, it might have worked.

As it happened, swgoh.gg and gear.swgohevents.com came into being. I doubt anyone would switch over when the existing tools are pretty ingrained into people’s minds
  • If this was implemented when the game first came into being, it might have worked.

As it happened, swgoh.gg and gear.swgohevents.com came into being. I doubt anyone would switch over when the existing tools are pretty ingrained into people’s minds

“we don’t need a new tv show, because we already have tv shows.”

I agree with the op; allowing us to view tiers in game would be helpful. And it doesn’t exclude use of other tools like gg or events.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • nfidel2k wrote: »

“we don’t need a new tv show, because we already have tv shows.”

Replace “show” with “movies”, we could have been saved from the Sequel Trilogy. And every Disney remake. More doesn’t mean better.

• Replace “show” with “movies”, we could have been saved from the Sequel Trilogy. And every Disney remake. More doesn’t mean better.

But you would never know if it was “better” unless they did, which is entirely subjective.

More options does generally mean better. You don’t have to watch the sequel trilogy on repeat; you have the choice to watch your favorites every time. New players, returning players, or players who are either not aware of gg or don’t care to use it play the game too.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.

I would switch immediately and saw other posts suggesting similar functionality so not worried about lack of interest from the players. Actually I wrote this post because the others I saw focused on how players want it and on benefits for players but Capital Games would benefit significantly from it as well. I tried to focus on that.

Very little needs to be done, almost everything is in the game already and everybody would benefit from it. Looks like no brainer.