Red 5 Confirmed

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Monel wrote: »
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    Well it’s interesting because the only time Luke’s x-wing was called Red 5 was during the Battle of Yavin.
    Well... In Rise of Skywalker, Finn did call it "Red Five".
    Finn: Red Five is in the air. Rey's alive.

Poe Dameron: I see her.

Finn: People are rising up all over the galaxy. Poe... we did it.

Poe Dameron: We did it.

Yes, even weirder since Luke abandons his xwing on Cloud City under Imperial control at the end of E5.

There’s always a way to make it work if people really want it, just doesn’t make a lot of sense from continuity. But who needs to care about that.

Yup, no possible way he could have ever returned for it.

Dave Filoni:
    - Hold my beer.
  • Options
    Well it’s interesting because the only time Luke’s x-wing was called Red 5 was during the Battle of Yavin.

Yes, even weirder since Luke abandons his xwing on Cloud City under Imperial control at the end of E5.

There’s always a way to make it work if people really want it, just doesn’t make a lot of sense from continuity. But who needs to care about that.

I always assumed Red 5 was an assigned call sign during the attack and not the official name of a specific ship. Like “Gold leader” or “Red leader” was a role they had and not something the ships were referred to afterwards (in another attack another ship could be Red 5 or Red leader).
  • Options

I really don’t want to keep going back and forth. It’d be more plausible that he was issued another xwing and it’s registration was changed to Red 5, or that he hunted for the parts and rebuilt it while he was picking up force artifacts like Vader’s helmet. Highly doubtful an Imperial garrison left a Rebel x-wing sitting at a docking bay until Luke had time to swing back by.

And it still doesn’t work with how callsigns are used, but whatever makes you happy. Rey 5 GL pilot for the tables.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »

I always assumed Red 5 was an assigned call sign during the attack and not the official name of a specific ship. Like “Gold leader” or “Red leader” was a role they had and not something the ships were referred to afterwards (in another attack another ship could be Red 5 or Red leader).

Yes, this would be generally how ship callsigns are used, which is during a mission. Callsigns can also be assigned to pilots, but the movies used real names and not callsigns for the pilots, at least during the Battle of Yavin.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    See what happens, Meathead ? Go to your room and think about what you did.
  • Screerider
    1359 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I really don’t want to keep going back and forth. It’d be more plausible that he was issued another xwing and it’s registration was changed to Red 5, or that he hunted for the parts and rebuilt it while he was picking up force artifacts like Vader’s helmet.
    Is it possible to confirm the ship on Achto is the same as OT Luke's? I believe novelizations confirm it is.

Probably a mystery like how Maz ended up the lightsaber.

• Options
    I really don’t want to keep going back and forth. It’d be more plausible that he was issued another xwing and it’s registration was changed to Red 5, or that he hunted for the parts and rebuilt it while he was picking up force artifacts like Vader’s helmet.
    Is it possible to confirm the ship on Achto is the same as OT Luke's?

Assuming you mean if it was the original Battle of Yavin Red 5, which would take some impressive hoop-jumping explanation, considering Luke abandoned his x-wing on CC in E5, and a “Red 5” used in the Battle of Endor was blown up with a non-Luke Rebel red shirt piloting.

Besides, I’m not really sure what is required for CG when it comes to canon/non-canon sourcing. Or that it even has to be explained. Maybe it is Rey 5. I hope it’s farmboy.
  • Options
    Star Wars #4 Luke goes back to Cloud City to look for his lightsaber. He never finds it but rescues Lando and leaves with his X-wing.

dsflip5le64h.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Nice, so apparently he did go back. I stand corrected.

Still hope it’s farmboy though.
  • Options
    - Rebel Pilot Luke
    - New Death Star raid
    - Red Five shards for completing raid
    - Both will be needed for the Galactic Legend Leia Organa ( Rebel Leader )

That could be what's in store for the end of 2022 and most of 2023.
  • Options
    Hey as long as it works with Mace's capital ship!
  • Options
    Lando could’ve gotten it for him.
  • Options
    The Next Rebel GL has to be Skippy LOL
  • Options

Especially since after the rescue han in ROTJ, he takes off to Dagobah in it...
  • Options
    Surely it with either be farm boy (which almost no one has geared above GVII) and is featured in a feat this conquest, or it will be a new Luke for people to whale on, along with the absurd kyro requirements of a modern unit.

Ah yes, almost no one has geared farmboy above G7, even though you basically need him at G9 to unlock CLS
  • Options
    69thdoge wrote: »
    Surely it with either be farm boy (which almost no one has geared above GVII) and is featured in a feat this conquest, or it will be a new Luke for people to whale on, along with the absurd kyro requirements of a modern unit.

Ah yes, almost no one has geared farmboy above G7, even though you basically need him at G9 to unlock CLS

Mot much of a difference between G7 and G9.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    In my day "confirmed" actually meant something.

Still not confirmed. Thread title change please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

I’m ready. (Don’t ask) 2naot0kxpuq0.png

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    The stats from Meathead that had to be edited cuz it said set 5 would bring accuracy (would've been very welcome to counter the set 4 dodge nonsense) which meant to be potency and is still listing resistance which is meant to be tenacity?

Yeah, absolutely without any doubt and for sure with 101% certainty red 5 is coming because there's once again some 'red' talk like the 'august burns red' and 'hunt for red october' ones.

You are forgetting about the mod who posted a giant 5 colored red and trolled on the forums like he wasn't even a mod

That 5 hint was for the free conquest pass+ giveaway not red 5

as i explained later on
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    The stats from Meathead that had to be edited cuz it said set 5 would bring accuracy (would've been very welcome to counter the set 4 dodge nonsense) which meant to be potency and is still listing resistance which is meant to be tenacity?

Yeah, absolutely without any doubt and for sure with 101% certainty red 5 is coming because there's once again some 'red' talk like the 'august burns red' and 'hunt for red october' ones.

You are forgetting about the mod who posted a giant 5 colored red and trolled on the forums like he wasn't even a mod

as i explained later on

@ultra I like the job you do. I think in the years I’ve been on the forums you’ve been the best mod. It was a troll. Accept it and move on. It’s the only thing I can even remotely criticize you for and it’s a very mild criticism.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

as i explained later on

ultra I like the job you do. I think in the years I’ve been on the forums you’ve been the best mod. It was a troll. Accept it and move on. It’s the only thing I can even remotely criticize you for and it’s a very mild criticism.

i was trolling, yeah
  • Options

I’m ready. (Don’t ask) 2naot0kxpuq0.png

Weak unless R9
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    And yet Red 5 is still not confirmed
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH