Omega's Omicron

Reyleonard_
13 posts Member
edited November 2022
I'm sorry, I don't really post on here that much but I'm going to get straight to the point.

I love light side Territory Battle Republic offensive and invest heavily in it just to help my clan out for max star. When I heard that they were adding a, Omicron to bad batch for, Omega I was actually thrilled.

That was until I actually used it! I'm a little confused on how this, Omicron works... It states 10% protection for every Relic level for, Omega and then bad batch loses protection. I just watched a sniper droid in the beginning of the round without any stacks one shot me through my protection on echo which is Relic 7.

I don't know if it's bug but it's not if they lose that protection does it get covered into health? I also noticed that when a new round starts you get all that protection back but you lose it? Again does it get converted into health?

I'm not looking for a easy win button, but the Fin Omicron is amazing can you possibly looking into bring, Omega's omicon up to that standard? Maybe adding in a counter or if they lose protection it gets converted to health. Also the less damage they're supposed to take in is definitely not working either.

Ally code 329 392 766
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• I'm sorry, I don't really post on here that much but I'm going to get straight to the point.

I just watched a sniper droid in the beginning of the round without any stacks one shot me through my protection on echo which is Relic 7.

How many stacks of Charge did the Sniper have?

If it has 15 stacks, that ability becomes a destroy effect that instakills your unit.
  • The omicron says “gain max health equal to 10% of their max protection for each of their OWN relic amplifier levels.” Not total relic levels across the squad. If each of your bad batch has low protection, the boost isn’t that much and could be overcome by a sniper.
  • Omega has the lowest protection out of all the bad batch in the upper 60k every else is over 70k. As for the sniper droid. The sniper droid had one stack nowhere near 15 stack when it obliterated my echo.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Does the omega omi make BB viable for combat missions? Under JMK lead there is no place for Omega. I thought the omicron is only useful for the KAM mission.
  • It wasn't bad during the combat missions just only in the last phase when the sniper droid one shot me with not even having any stacks. They bad batch still tooks a lot of damage though.
  • I thought the omicron is only useful for the KAM mission.

It is not ONLY useful for the KAM mission, but it is clearly designed for maximum effect during the KAM mission (converting Protection to Health, for instance, is an effect which negates one major effect of Trample).

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it performs over the course of the TB, but I expect that if relic levels are high enough you can 4/4 CMs with BB in p1 & p2, grab your KAM shard in p3, and then in p4???? Not at all sure what relic levels would be required to 4/4 those LS CMs in p4 using pure BB. It might be high enough that it's not worth it, whereas my guess is that with just a little experience handling things like Sniper Droids r5 will be enough for p1 & p2, and a lot of folks should have them up that high for LV. (More people don't of course, but at least they don't have to regret taking BB to r5 if they do that since those relic levels will eventually be required for their LV.)

How the Omicron performs in p4 on a relic-5 squad is going to be key to proving the overall value of the Omicron.

Of course some folks will consider a single Omicron a worthwhile investment just to get KAM, and that's fine, but I'm still hoping for more.

On the plus side, even though we can't verify it right now, the new TB is supposed to be themed for post-prequels, pre-Ep4, which is exactly the time that BadBatch is active. Even if BB has a weakness against Sniper Droids right now, that doesn't mean it will have a similar weakness in the new TB.

I'm not saying put on the Omicron and hope that in 2 months it will be useful, but just pointing out that if you rushed to put on the Omi before we knew its current value and you're disappointed in your choice, then it's possible that the value will increase during the new TB.
  • Omega has the lowest protection out of all the bad batch in the upper 60k every else is over 70k. As for the sniper droid. The sniper droid had one stack nowhere near 15 stack when it obliterated my echo.

Ok, if omega is r5, she gets 30k protection added to her health (10% of 60k five times). What’s your omega’s health? Mine is 58k. So that would be about 88k health with zero protection. All things considered, that isn’t too out of the ordinary to overcome for a sniper droid even with minimal stacks. It’s unfortunate, but maybe that’s what happened.
  • So after remodeling a little bit my Omega is at over 60k health and 60k protection that's before buff kick in all tools are relic 7. Went into P2 and it was a utter disaster didn't even make it past the third wave!

I do not recommend this, omicron is not that great especially compared to fins omicron. My only hope now is to see how it does in the kam mission.
  • So after remodeling a little bit my Omega is at over 60k health and 60k protection that's before buff kick in all tools are relic 7. Went into P2 and it was a utter disaster didn't even make it past the third wave!

I do not recommend this, omicron is not that great especially compared to fins omicron. My only hope now is to see how it does in the kam mission.

Have you got a video? It is possible that it's not working correctly, but it's hard to tell without footage of it.
  • Unfortunately I didn't record but I'll try to do that next time all in all I'm really just salty about omega's omicron and and on top of that the sniper Droid literally Dodge seven times in a row! Yay! fun! not!
  • You know what? After looking at her mechanics on swgoh.gg, I do think it is bugged.
  • How so what do you mean?
  • Enigmatic_Potato
    796 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    It looked like there was a weird order of operations in the Protection conversion, although now I'm not so sure.

I have a video now, I'll go through it later on and do some math.
  • Yeah, false alarm. It is working as it should from what I can tell.

Although re-reading it all, it really doesn't seem worth it for normal Combat Missions. Not without some crazy high relics on the team.
  • Bad batch have such good protection regeneration that, without the trample to worry about, all that protection to health stuff adds up to less overall survivability, unless you are r10+. There is the first 2 turns of protection up, but if things are going well for your bad batch team, the enemies won't attack until after it's expired.

I would have thought r7 bad batch would have been great at geo TB even without this. The lads are all hero units so get the bonus shot. Add in Omega pinking away with true damage to all enemies, droid battalion stacks would just melt away.

With the omicron, isn't every droid battalion enemy 1 shot killed? Bb Special attack, +true damage, + omega basic, +true damage, +damage per bb ally x4, plus geo hero second attack = 9 hits for 9 battalion removal on a b2 and 72 stacks removed from a b1, who start at 50?

I don't have relic BB, so have never tried it. Maybe obviously? Am I missing something?
  • With the omicron, isn't every droid battalion enemy 1 shot killed? Bb Special attack, +true damage, + omega basic, +true damage, +damage per bb ally x4, plus geo hero second attack = 9 hits for 9 battalion removal on a b2 and 72 stacks removed from a b1, who start at 50?

I don't have relic BB, so have never tried it. Maybe obviously? Am I missing something?

Well, this chain of logic works, but only if Omega is stealthed (otherwise she doesn't assist) and every one has DefenseUP (without which there is no true damage). So depending on turn order you may not get the chance to have the right combo up. That said, when there is only one B2, it works fine. You throw Echo's thing, you have Tech use Brilliant Idea, the Brilliant Idea grenade takes a stack and thus dispels Daze, then the damage to the b2's allies causes it to TM jump, but everyone just got Foresight, so the AoE goes off and nothing happens, then Omega and Hunter finish off the B2 before it can go again.

It's pretty easy-peasy, but it's not quite how you lay it out because you have to have those buffs up, which can't be true at the start of the encounter.
  • It looked like there was a weird order of operations in the Protection conversion, although now I'm not so sure.

I have a video now, I'll go through it later on and do some math.

Okay Math has been done, the only real take away is that you don't get the +35% bonus to Protection from Hunter Lead. All other stat bonuses use the base modded stats as usual.

The TLDR version, for an R5 team:
    Wrecker's Health = Modded Health * 2.15 + Modded Protection * 0.9
    Everyone Else's = Modded Health * 1.35 + Modded Protection * 0.5